• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: Kentucky at The Swamp 09/13/14

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(puff puff puff...ok, lemme catch my breath) Made it...1 hour to go before ko time, and I'm back at the hotel, not even properly set up here yet, but time to spare as it turns out.
Could have called this one "Put Up AND Shut Up Time", as in someone's gonna put up some numbers here, Kentucky and their fans are convinced it'll be them, that this is IT--their time has come, the streak will end, "It'll be fun to rub their noses in it down there" a la Jojo (and their fans, to judge by the smack they're talkin' online). Look, sh*t happens: this kind of streak cannot be infinite. Kentucky WILL beat the Gators eventually, has to happen, especially the way they are coming on talent- and coaching-wise (not to mention the crazy crap that can happen on a football field, at any level). It just won't be this year. There were some things that could have set us up for that, but Wildcat players and fans I think pretty well booted that away:
It's my feeling, my PREDICTION, if you like, that the Gators are wide awake, focused directly on "the next opponent" alone, just as the coaching staff were/are preaching for this team's approach throughout the season ahead. Look for a hyped up, themselves driven and focused Wildcat squad to play hard fast and loose, give us a good game the better part of a half...by which time we begin to establish full control of the line-of-scrimmage in both directions, and start to show it on the scoreboard. Gators pull away in the 2nd half. Oh, as usual I'll be fretting and bitching in the early going, maybe right into the 2nd quarter, as I say...I am one paranoid and pessimistic Gator fan under the best of circumstances, all the more so after last season--not to mention the injuries that have begun to count up on us again, let's face it. That still looms darkly, a nagging ache-in-the-gut when we DO turn our attention to that first road trip looming next week. We can't worry about that now--and like our team, I'll have little trouble setting it aside:
We can, and WILL take care of the business at hand. Eat 'em UP, boys!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(...moments to kick off here now, and I have no idea whether we'll, I'll have anyone else here today for feed-back--we have some "guests", but I notice those tend to "monitor" whatever we say/do here on GE--so I may well just be nervously muttering away in text. So be it, but at a certain point, if I'm quiet for a time, doesn't mean I'm not here: Ya wanna talk, yell, complain whatever, have at it! HEEEEEERE come the GATORS!!!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we stop 'em inside 10 on 3rd, but bs call gives em 1st dwn...Now a big run and field position is effectively reversed. This is EXACTLY how we keep them in the game from the start instead of putting it away, as we might have. Chance dwindling now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--We got a defense, when it counts. Still, we had a chance, TWO chances actually on O and D, to get em early...Now we start at the 10, after everything. Would LOVE to see JD and Robinson dial up the long ball on 1-down. But that's just me.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hate how this is developing at the start: NOW we get an after-play personal foul penalty on an O-lineman. STUPID from the freshman. Burton drops 2nd down pass. 3rd n long deep. Well, this is why I figured they'd give us a game early...and our injuries have been directly related to all of it.
Here's the thing: We have literally "beaten ourselves" so far, and that must stop. I still think it will--and our defense will buy the time for that to happen. I hope.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I am going to have to back off a bit here and watch the game more closely. Yep, our D has em 3rd and long, and lets see...They move, 5 more further back. Talk to y'all in a bit, as things settle...but I love our D: ALMOST a pick)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
HAVE to comment, tho', re that call on the punt: The earlier PI was "ticky tack", but Muschamp is right to be hot here: the Wildvcat is dragging the Gator blocker out-of-bounds after being out-of-bounds--and therefore no longer part of the play, himself--but WE get the penalty? (Driskell playing faster, better than ever--but I'm still waiting for him to HIT one of those "rainbows".)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators continue to screw themselves on offense especially--but now special teams too. OK, I'm gonna HAVE to bow out for awhile: I'm getting really friggin' pissed off.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Will say this: we DON'T "snap out of it", we can and WILL lose this game--and bye-bye Will Muschamp)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jeff Driskell will NEVER be anything more than an "adequate" QB. Period. Hde can't hit the long pass (ALWAYS overthrown), he panics easily, ands DOESN'T throw well on the run. We are in trouble--and this season will NOT be the great one we might have come back with after . Now, if things go REALLY badly, starting here tonight, MAYBE we get Treon Harris in there by October, and our NEW Head Coach (and let's face it, that IS the scenario if this season starts south here now) has a winner to ride when HE comes in.
(Meanwhile, a dropped INT there COULD have turned this thing around in spite of it all, but no, that's been the story here--EVERY opportunity bungled. But it's our missing long-passing game that is the most glaring flaw, and I dpon't think JD is up to it, no matter HOW good the "scheme" from Roper.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
End of 1st qrtr, and AW DAMN is my "take"...
I figured the Wildcats might "keep it close", NOT that OUR guys would do it FOR 'em...but that's the story so far, let's face it. They can't move the ball on us--and WE can't move the ball on ourselves--we just won't get out of our own way! 'Course, the refs are helping them a great deal. JD NEEDS a TD pass BAD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...I'm not impressed with the play calling, but JD has deteriorated from last week, and further as this game has progressed. Now we take a"Delay of Game" on 4th? In our own end? Pathetic, I don't care WHAT the rationale. I hate too say this, but THEY look better-coached than us: We are clearly the stronger squad, but hope, adrenaline and good-coaching on the other side can get you beat at home.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This has started top look, and worse, FEEL like one of those last-7 games we LOST last year, especially the Georgia Southern game. Oh, wipe the memory away, Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Stating the obvious but no less true: It's on our D now. Everything.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'd take either ONE of 'em now. Replay'll go against us, 'cause the ruling "on the field", nothing further conclusive. We are getting into deeper and deeper shit here...and I'm tired of hearing the announcers talking about it)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's the thing, and I HATE saying it--thought I never would:
I wish to HELL Jacoby Brisset hadn't wussed-out and split (literally WEEKS early), stepped in last year and mitigated our fall then, and well might be doing all the things we HEARD JD was gonna do in Roper's system.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're running the ball now, we have to--but now KY can key on it somewhat. If ONLY JD could really fling it. In a game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He can throw "the little ball", no question. But something's in his head, he has the arm but can't hit the big one when it really counts. We ARE driving the field now--we did last year, too, remember--but we'll end up likely kicking a FG this way, watch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yup. Overthrows open guy on 3rd down, FG upcoming. 3-zip. And tell me THAT'S any consolation. We have out-gained this "much-improved Wildcat team" almost 3-to-1, and THAT'S what we have to show for it, 3 points and a lead--and that only thanks to our D? We may still open this thing up eventually, even pull away a bit in the 2nd half and make me look like I called it up top, but I will say this now: Nothing but a COMPLETE turnaround by the QB from here on our will save us from a loss NEXT week, and at least 3 or 4 more over the course of the rest of our schedule. We saw what happens last year when the offense, lacking at signal-caller, can't move the ball and ends up putting too much pressure on the defense, game-in/game-out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema