• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday Week 14: SEC Championship Game

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1, 7-1 SEC) will face No. 18 Florida (10-2, 7-1) inside the Georgia Dome in the SEC Championship Game. Alabama is coming off of a 29-13 victory over Auburn, while Florida recently fell to their in-state rival, Florida State, by a score of 27-2 (just in case you needed a reminder).

Series record: Alabama leads 24-14. Last meeting: Sept. 20, 2014 - Alabama 42, Florida 21 Point spread: Alabama -18.

No need to break down the strengths and weaknesses of these teams this year, so I will focus on some SEC history:
  • Florida - 11 appearances 7-3 .700
  • Alabama - 10 appearances 5-4 .556
  • LSU - 5 appearances 4-1 .800
  • Auburn - 5 appearances 3-2 .600
  • Georgia - 5 appearances 2-3 .400
  • Tennessee - 5 appearances 2-3 .400
  • Arkansas- 3 appearances 0-3 .000
  • Missouri - 2 appearances 0-2 .000
  • Mississippi State - 1 appearance 0-1 .000
  • South Carolina - 1 appearance 0-1 .000
On 11 different occasions, the SEC championship also led to the national championship. The designated home team is 14-9 all time. Similarly, the runner-up in the SEC is 14-9 in consolation bowl games.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guess I was posting MY version of this same time as you were this one, E-, only I got sidetracked by "other things" and didn't finish and hit "send" 'til a few minutes after. Mine is a whole different general approach--one that bears airing I think, but I just don't have the enthusiasm or commitment right now to bother worrying about where it appears. Or who, if anyone, reads it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Just as well, I suppose. When I get to this state-of-mind, I tend to forget about the vast majority of fans who pick themselves up and sail on with reason, and some vestige of hope, still at hand. For me, all that's left is THE FUTURE. That's where all MY hope is invested now.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Miracles do occasionally happen. Let's hope this is one of those times.
Sorry, but any chance at "miracles" was bypassed LAST week, imho. The Gods just don't involve themselves in the aid of sporting competitions, for one thing (Notre Dame fans' opinions notwithstanding). Now, when it comes to new people and "fresh starts", well that's something entirely different. So I'll be investing MY wishes and prayers in NSD and finding (among other things) a NEW QB, if not in our Christmas stockings, then somehow surfacing in early February...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I'm hoping for a win but yeah. I think keeping it close might the likely best scenario.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I'm hoping for a win but yeah. I think keeping it close might the likely best scenario.
Just can't get away from the hole we're really in--not just now but going into next season. Those "bad wins" (still don't think there's any such thing--except in the very way it can blind us, or at least distract, from the cold truth of where things were and are for this team and program...ESPECIALLY starting at QB. There's more, much more wrong, but that reality is MORE than enough). This season's possibilities are just about finished, played out, and the realization of how bad things could really continue to be heading into the NEXT one I find singularly depressing.
Hey, @miltongator, and @Leakfan12, and everyone else:
Sorry. Don't mind me--I'm just letting the idea that we might not even get to "wait'll next year!" get to me WAY before it gets here, or even know yet if it'll surely, necessarily come to that!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Sad thing is our defense will play good but due to out offense not being able to make a first down they will tire and holes will open up. I feel bad for them cause if we had half the offense Bama has no doubt our defense would be ranked #1 in the nation.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As I have been trying to say for WEEKS: ONLY thing Treon does ok, better than avg, is throw it long. Find a way to do a LOT of that. On RUNNING downs.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this is heading EXACTLY where I figured. Sorry. Voice of doom. But there it is.

miltongator

Gator Fan
...This is what happens to sinking programs in times of high-stress: Special teams fall apart, individuals make key mistakes...
We may be sinking at this point in the year, but the program is, IMHO, headed in the right direction. In 2 years we should be excellent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema