• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday Week 12: Florida vs the other Driskel

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

The Mighty Gators are the 8th or 10th best team in the country, depending on which rankings you believe. The Owls are the 120th or 141st best team, but when you are ranked that low, does it really matter? The Owls struggle to put up 20 points against 0.500 team, whereas the Gators are scoring 30 points per game against superior opponents--even with the backup QB under center. This should be a good scrimmage to work in some FSU and Alabama plays for Treon Harris, and maybe get Josh Grady and Jacob Guy some practice. I predict a 44-3 victory in this tune-up game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another WAY early game--whats that, 3 wks in a row? And I figured this would be a push-over, like E- and everyone else (most of all the media, who are seeing it as another eg of SEC-scheduling cupcakes late from the former BSC-era reality)..."scrimmage" indeed. Except, maybe not. One reason I am this "late" checking in is 'cause I got caught up in looking over this UCF's season, personnel--and especially history of late, "coming close" against good teams, finding varied ways to lose late. This may not be the runaway the odds spread and general "wisdom" foresees--even if we DID have our first-string D-line, which we DON'T...And we all know, "perception being everything" in an era where we've returned to a few people judging a "beauty contest" once more (that's what we've got again--I don't care how ANYONE tries to prettify it), by now reality won't be considered: anythibg BUT a big Gator win, easily done, will probably get us denigrated, maybe even dropped lower on that "list", even for a win. I just can't get with this idea of a "BAD win" (or a "good loss", for that matter--it's horsesh*t, when you see how inconsistently such terms are arrived at and used).
Anyway, I admit it: I considered neither when it might start, OR if it might be a contest after all, when I made plans for the early/middle part of the day. Grabbing off a few min HERE NOW to say all THIS...Gotta get back to my morning etc now...Like E-, I expected a "scrimmage" here.
Hope that STILL turns out to be the case, that we get to develope a little experience and depth along the lines and elsewhere, that Treon gets a real workout, along with a general growth of proficiency, famiarity and confidence among he and EVERYONE on our offense. But then again...

miltongator

Gator Fan
It's a chance for Treon to get a better feel for what's going on. With the 2 games coming up, he and the staff need to figure out how he is best used and what "his" offense should look like.

miltongator

Gator Fan

The Mighty Gators are the 8th or 10th best team in the country, depending on which rankings you believe. The Owls are the 120th or 141st best team, but when you are ranked that low, does it really matter? The Owls struggle to put up 20 points against 0.500 team, whereas the Gators are scoring 30 points per game against superior opponents--even with the backup QB under center. This should be a good scrimmage to work in some FSU and Alabama plays for Treon Harris, and maybe get Josh Grady and Jacob Guy some practice. I predict a 44-3 victory in this tune-up game.
I like the way you think.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's a chance for Treon to get a better feel for what's going on. With the 2 games coming up, he and the staff need to figure out how he is best used and what "his" offense should look like.
IF these "OWLS" oblige, and don't make a game it, their "Spread" against our D on an "off" day and our Treon'-(hardly)led offense sputtering along as has become a frustratingly weekly affair. Yes, a CHANCE for he, and they (the offense), to get in a new groove, actually FIND a "rhythm"--I dunno, sumthin' long lines of, oh, maybe "run,run, LET IT FLY"? NOT NEC in that order, of course. I'll leave all that to Mac and Nussy, tho'...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta run--but y'all see what I was warning about here? We're gonna have to be patient, wear em down, as always with this overachieving Gator team. It isn't likely to be much prettier than any of our other games (ironically, with Freon back there this O looked best during middle part of the one LOSS)...Final score MIGHT "look" OK, maybe not, but either way, we will have to just lean on 'em. Signs already like maybe even our great D may of been taking these guys a little light. Shouldn't have: They all played each other in he. Talk to y'all when I can--grabbing listens and streaming glimpses when I can...

miltongator

Gator Fan
The O doesn't look like they have improved at all. This line just isn't getting it done. 1/2 a$$ U and Alabama are licking their chops.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Lol--mistype has him named "Freon"--which wouldn't bee a bad nickname for him, IF he were more consistently good, stayed "COOL" back there and got the job done on a consistent basis. There: I took ALL the fun and laughs outta that one. Nice, DRU... Meanwhile, he gets one to McGee on the run (needs to do THAT more often), but we continue to more or less sputter. Just run it straight ahead, throw to the TE, get outta here with the win. Oh DAMN! Had him, Treon threw it well, it was our good WR who missed it. Post shoulda been for a TD. Again. And again, we leave points on the field and a team still in it. That will get us beat, against à good team when it really counts. The kind of play we were SUPPOSED to practice COMPLETING today...Wasn't that the idea?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's "little Driskel". Don't look now, but we have already given them WAY too much "hope"-- and once again, we are floundering, in between making a decent gain here and there. Better find some consistency. Only their own mistakes have kept US with a chance to take control. Fake! Damnit, when arewegonna learn?!!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Here's "little Driskel". Don't look now, but we have already given them WAY too much "hope"-- and once again, we are floundering, in between making a decent gain here and there. Better find some consistency. Only their own mistakes have kept US with a chance to take control. Fake! Damnit, when arewegonna learn?!!
No time soon, evidently.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Our offensive woes continue! Zero points after a great run back. How is it possible for an offense to be this inept at this point in the year? Could they be trying to make Treon be Will? This is sooo frustrating.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema