• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday Week 11: Gators at Gamecocks

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We might be about to prove what everyone already thinks of us. Either our D comes thru and SCORES, or we lose this late. On top of everything else, do you notice how Treon, unlike Will, gets WORSE, weaker as game goes on? More I watch of him, less I want him in there. Don't know what we are gonna DO about that, besides wait til (half way thru!) next year, but it's just torture to witness. Aw,C'MON D!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It appears that the Gators sent in the scout team offensive line for some reason.
Yeah. Worse still, its OUR D thats looks "worn down" now. No excuse for it. They have GOT to go back to scheme that has worked all day--NOT this stupid "prevent victory" defense. We are screwing it ALL up now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sadly, that's the best we got.
But its the D, and the switch to that "prevent", that has us in trouble.
Really dumb. Why??? Why did they do this??? Its on the coaches. Now we HAVE to drive--and get points, I'm telling you. And we don't run the ball well, not today. Gonna be ALL on our D, which is tired and on its heels.Why didn't TREON THROW TO THE UNCOVERED GUY????

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Treon HAS to throw it--and he isn't seeing the field OR throwing well. Aw, my friends, we are bout tp lose this game late unless we can get a few first downs here...but you GOTTA complete any pass attempts, or we lose. That simple.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Taylor, BEAUTIFUL RUN!!! THAT could get it DONE, after all. We get in, we win. There it is. Well, that is how, and WHY, we won the East--but were DROPPED a slot outta the Playoff Top 10...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No decent running game all day--then Kelvin gets it DONE, with EVERYTHING on the line. I was almost ready to bitch about HIM, btw, but then...(Lol) OK. Guess we'll keep him as our starting back.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No decent running game all day--then Kelvin gets it DONE, with EVERYTHING on the line. I was almost ready to bitch about HIM, btw, but then...(Lol) OK. Guess we'll keep him as our starting back.

First I blame the offensive line. Too many blown assignments, and lack of block progression.

Second I blame the quarterback. He needs to throw the ball away when his internal click ticks to "three Mississippi".

The coaches have tweaked the play book for Treon, so Treon needs to deliver either more than 50% completions or no more than 1 interception, and he needs to generate rushing yards if he is scrambling and making the offensive line block longer.

Still, a win is a win, and Coach Mac is 9-1 as a first year Gator coach, breaking records set by Ray Graves, Steve Spurrier, and Urban Meyer.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm probably going to need a defibrillator watching these games if this keeps up.

Yes, but it is much better than last year when we needed a defibrillator during the game and a shit ton of booze after the game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There's the pick, felt it coming. OK, more "they won, but it was ugly--against a bad team, too", from the media (and TO the "committee"--No matter what everyone says, I just KNOW there are biases, backroom deals and " padding" of personal observation with reliance on what others "out there" are saying: They are human, and not even particularly qualified ones, either...Condolisa Rice is just one example of what I'm talking about). But it's not completely unwarranted--I don't "expect" us to beat 'Bama in the SEC title game either. Hell, I'm not even confident we'll beat the 'Moles to finish the regs 11-1. Are YOU? Nothing seems worthy of "confidence" with Treon out there. (Can't help thinking, "See, Jacoby? Never mind NC, had you hung in, ya woulda FINISHED last season as the leader of our Offense, and now be in charge of a front'n'center program with true potential of playing for EVERYTHING!" HELL, I think I'd even rather have JEFF DRISKEL in there now. His story mighta been completely different had he played here under Mac.)
Oh well. We got Treon Harris for now...and I guess I will just HAVE to accept "lower expectations"... The longer I DON'T, the more likely I set myself up for frustration--and eventually, crushing disappointment. I guess it's 'cause we keep eking out wins in SPITE of our QB (and to lesser extent, a thinly stretched O line)--but that, along with related business of continually leaving points on the field, is just BOUND to bite us in the butt, really COST us, before this whole thing is over. Gonna HURT more, too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hope Mac and co. learn another lesson here (to go with "Need O-linemen", "Find ANY QB other than Treon", and "NEVER trust Les Miles to kick it, no matter WHAT logic dictates")...Latest point: "DO NOT CHANGE TO SOME LOOSE-TO-BURN-CLOCK DEFENSE IN THE 4TH QRTR, not when you only have a 10 pt lead, plenty of time left, your D has controlled game up til then, and your offense hasn't been able to run the ball..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
First I blame the offensive line. Too many blown assignments, and lack of block progression.

Second I blame the quarterback. He needs to throw the ball away when his internal click ticks to "three Mississippi".

The coaches have tweaked the play book for Treon, so Treon needs to deliver either more than 50% completions or no more than 1 interception, and he needs to generate rushing yards if he is scrambling and making the offensive line block longer.

Still, a win is a win, and Coach Mac is 9-1 as a first year Gator coach, breaking records set by Ray Graves, Steve Spurrier, and Urban Meyer.
As usual, E-, that about sums it all up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema