• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: vs N Texas in The Swamp

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...oh oh--well, I guess they HAD to try something, only it got intercepted and set us up in the redzone. Here we go:
4th and 1...
Bad play call there on our part.
FOUR RBs and we choose to THROW ON 4TH AND 1 INSIDE 10 YD LINE?
Talk about "overthinking" it!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Maybe our COACH has some things to learn here as well.
We seem to have solved the long pass to some extent now--but "cashing it in from the red zone" is STILL a problem for us.
That's gotta be why Mac's gone for it--TWICE--here. He knows what's missing.
Oh well. Gotta be patient with this ongoing Gator "re-emergence".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, our kicking game HAS "turned the corner"--just wish we didn't NEED em so much, especially in THIS one!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whole D-secondary has gone to shit now.
We better get our heads outta our asses and start playing up to OUR standards 'stead of down to theirs...
WAKE UP, you shits! Yeah, turn your head, no flag! Duh...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I may havta go off, turn down radio-feed and sulk a bit...This squad just hasn't done much but show little flashes of what it could and SHOULD be doing here all the time. We are NOT ready to beat ANYBODY who can execute--and by now nothing that's likely to happen rest of tnite will change that impression.
I really thought we'd show enough to break out, get some work smoothly done, then get the less-experienced kids on the field.
Now DelRio misses the read for BAD interception deep in our end...
This is even worse to watch than I began to fear in first half.
Last word from me for awhile:
I now believe we will LOSE to Tennessee next week. And we'll beat ourselves.
(Fact that D shut em down and took back ball is beside the point I make here: We do NOT have "it", the depth OR winning chemistry here at UF football yet. Sorry, but that seems clear to me right now. We are on the right path, and we might even have MORE OF IT, get closer in the course of this very season--but in the meantime we depend too much on luck and circumstance, and I think that's bout to catch up with us. We MUST get more consistent EVERYWHERE, too.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, up til now I had respect for this N Texas team--but I think they just killed our QB. He is hurt big time--on a messed up hit...this is nasty. Looks like our qb is gone, my friends. He's walking off, at least. Think that means leg isn't broken.
Meanwhile, our Coach is ready to take on the whole opposing team. Well, no chance at all at a great season without Luke...'Course, we don't look much like a championship team tnite anyway, by ANY means. And Luke shouldna had to be on therr anymore against a frustrated opponent--tho I know why he was: He was as "off rhythm" as everyone else. Now we just gotta HOPE what looked like a season-ender (at least) doesn't even cost him a game (tho it WILL definitelycost that O-lineman on that bullshit call they hung on him after Luke's injury.
Q now is, how big a disaster is this game gonna turn out to BE???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think I wanna see OUR D hurt some of these arrogant little fuckers. Play time's over.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Del Rio got stretched
Whatta you think? Just a hyperextension?
I don't even CARE bout the final score now.
Just wanna see us crack some heads, and more importantly, find out Luke's prognosis.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Looks like we're gonna be without Luke from what I'm hearing . I'm not high on Austin, would rather play Trask. Next week just got a lot harder!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lets wrap this thing and get to the postgame, hopefully find out what's going on with our starting QB. His back up is getting some much-needed work, and he doesn't look bad overall--but whatever he MIGHT be someday, for now he's quite a step down from Luke. This season suddenly looks a whole lot different without him--and pretty well seals our fate regarding next week's game vs the Vols.
Now they're saying that there prob won't be any real word on injury's severity until tomorrow. Far as I'm concerned, that's like cutting out at the 5 min mark in the 4th qrtr of a close game and saying, "we'll have the final score for you in the morning..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm afraid acl
Yeah--had the same thought. Way he crumpled, lay there--even way he "jumped up" only means not broken, now more a matter of "how bad the tear"...Thing is, matter now not of "IF" he misses time, but "how much"...if real lucky and just "hyperextension" he could be back in 6 weeks--and that'd have to be looked at as a pretty hopeful/positive result...
Damn! Against NORTH friggin' TEXAS!
Face it: Unless Luke (and by extension, the team, program and all of US) is really lucky, like, near-miraculously so, we won't have our by FAR most experienced, talented and ready QB for a number of weeks AT LEAST. Ouch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We were expectedly sluggish tonight. Ready to blow it out next week.
The way these Gator announcers are trying to handle this with "happy talk" is kinda strange to me--now here's Mac sayin' "it doesn't look good", and "we'll go with other guys, get 'em ready"...so there it is:
Question now is "How long?", as in "...back this year?". Season's possibility and focus has now shifted, from a "realistic" POV.
Sounds like we've lost him for the season, anyway. Just like that, our likely goals are somewhat reduced.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Also Coach Mac needs to trust the kicker more, points will be a premium especially in conference games. Also good thing Appleby is experienced but not in the SEC then again Del Rio wasn't either.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also Coach Mac needs to trust the kicker more, points will be a premium especially in conference games. Also good thing Appleby is experienced but not in the SEC then again Del Rio wasn't either.
No matter how you slice it, there seemed clear reasons why Luke was named the starter. We finally had a credible long-ball threat, for one thing, which was major: even on an off night the offense was benefiting from that threat on the ground. And then there was the simple FACT of those beatiful "rainbows" to Powell and (when he's in there) Calloway--we'd been lacking that since #15 moved on.
Ah well. At this point still just venting my disappointment, anger and frustration. Gotta hope that an at least somewhat experienced back-up (he's s grad transfer from Purdue) can step in and provide leadership and continuity. Looked like he has 'nuff arm and practice in our system to use what's around him--and word is he"s more mobile than Luke. There's prob more potential upside among the 2 freshmen QBs behind HIM, and if this goes on more'n a few weeks (we'll find out more later today, Sunday, I hope), as well it might, we may get to see them. But right now we're all in "day to day, week to week, lets see if we can win the NEXT one" mode.
Sigh. I was impatient with our Offense 'cause I thought we were otherwise CLOSE, that with Del Rio and a growing stable of runners and receivers we had a real chance to do some things THIS season. Even the O-line was starting to come around, though still lacks depth. Now we're in "hang on/ hang in" mode at best, it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema