• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Gameday Notes"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Actually, by now I think little neads to be said regarding game itself:
We all KNOW this is a HUGE opener for us--that to some extent the season turns on this one. And that is just part of all the reasons it is unusual, least far as our relatively "recent history" is concerned.
We are on a 27 game opening-day win streak...but those were virually all at home, and mostly against patsies -oh, sorry: um, "warm-up games".
Not so this time, obviously, on both counts.
I'm not gonna do analysis here. After a coupla big injuries and then 7 guys gettimg suspended (including a rising star in the young (and still "developing"--read "still rather thin and unproven") WR corps, it's down more to a matter of guts and heart now, if we're not to get our asses handed to us, let alone WIN, IMHO...Hope I'm wrong--but it feels that way from here.
Now: I must apologize...
Turns out that I will be working Saturday...so I will miss AT LEAST the first half of our opener this season. I'm sick at it--all the more for finding out just yesterday that we'll be shooting crowd-scenes at the UT game that day! Am told we should be wrapping up right about the time our game a coupla hundred miles north is kicking off--but can pretty well count on not getting out and heading for the closest bar with our game on at least an hour or even TWO after that. Will do my best, but if someone else happens to put up a "Gameday" GE refuge for those of us who live, breathe and probably over-think Gator football, it will be much appreciated.
Again, I AM SO SORRY!
GO GATORS, and I promise to get with y'all soon as I can thereafter--hopefully to join the celebration, but "no matter what"...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No analysis from me. The Gators had the opportunity to show that that have turned the program around and they are national contenders. It is hard to believe that the team is focused and disciplined with 8 suspensions in week 1.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No analysis from me. The Gators had the opportunity to show that that have turned the program around and they are national contenders. It is hard to believe that the team is focused and disciplined with 8 suspensions in week 1.
Exactly. I am neither impressed, nor optimistic.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, here I am in the wrong "Stadium in Texas". We're shooting a commercial for a local biz here today...Includes some (supposedly) "necessary crowd scenes"--and my arguments for "stock footage" or some CGI work went ignored, of course (lol)...
So here I am bout 300 miles SOUTH of where I WANNA be.
Hope to at least make it over to Champions downtown (mile and a half, tops, from here) where Austin chapter of the Gator Alumni gather on gamedays for weekly "Gator Watch Party" all season, hopefully by fairly early in 2nd half.
Unless we're getting creamed. In which case I'll head to my friend's bar and drink in somber silence. Later, Gators.

Leakfan12

VIP Member

I think they have a strong chance for the playoffs with an easier schedule with the toughest game at the swamp and neutral side like the game in 30 minutes. Granted they need to win all the games (maybe one lost but that's it).

awebbf5

VIP Member
And like so many years before, no offense and defense gassed for being on the field so long by the 3rd quarter.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Been grabbin' peeks on my phone, streaming game in my pocket...and back-ups ARE doing best to step up on offense...but obviously coulda used the guys we're missing. Looks like FRANKS has been starting QB most of way...if he pulls tjis one out with passing game he'll have EARNED that role!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Been grabbin' peeks on my phone, streaming game in my pocket...and back-ups ARE doing best to step up on offense...but obviously coulda used the guys we're missing. Looks like FRANKS has been starting QB most of way...if he pulls tjis one out with passing game he'll have EARNED that role!

Not giving up on Frank's but I think time to see if Zaire can get rolling

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not giving up on Frank's but I think time to see if Zaire can get rolling
I just haven't SEEN anythimg but Franks in my "peeks"... But you're right, DAMN right: We need SOMETHING here: "Prob time to think bout switchin' things up here, Mac"

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well I guess not opening with cupcakes doesn't let us get caught up on being better than what We think.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And like so many years before, no offense and defense gassed for being on the field so long by the 3rd quarter.
Yeah--we are worn down and fading in the fourth. I missed everything up til a few min ago except for intermittent "impressions"--but all in all, I see "mos", more-of-the-same all around in this one. Can't help but wonder how much diff having our missing parts on offense might have made, though. O-line isn't getting it done when it counts, once more. And we keep making dumb mistakes to go with the mundane play calling and execution. Hope I'm wrong, but THIS Gator offensive-incarnation has looked just as slack with Franks AND/OR Malik as it ever did with del Rio last year--or the parade of "talented, promising underachievers" that we have endure for years before now.
That may be the worst sign of ALL here.
We're gonna lose this one. But the signs we will lose quite a few more in similar fashion is just getting SO OLD!!! When Where does it end? Who can step in, go out and get the guys we need, bring 'em in and know what to DO with 'em, how to do it?!!
Yeah, here comes the death blow in this one, the coup de gras.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Do you think Jim might be feeling some heat from the seat area?

They keep saying we need a spark, well right here it is boys.

chip-kelly-florida-gators1.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We kept "close", seemingly "even" on the board, for 3 quarters--but way I watched it, saw it, seemed like we were slowly getting beaten even then. And now, hey, there is statistical "HOPE" even now late. But does anyone really have any real feeling we are bout to strike fast and deep and pull this out? No: Feels like we are gonna go quietly. I HATE it. 136 total yards on offense--136 yards and 3 , count 'em THREE POINTS!!! WTF???!!! Our 2 TDs on pick 6's. It's how we "won the East" last coupla years--but it just isn't ENOUGH! No Calloway, no Scarlett, HEY: That definitely hurt(s) us (and we don't even know when or IF they'll be back), and an issue of course in itself--but if we had an O-line by now, things wouldn't look so frustratingly hopeless and inept.
But we don't--and here's the game on the line. And we DON'T get the PI flag. "Not FAIR!!" BUT what else is new? And it shouldn't have COME to that.
We STILL do not have ONE "go to guy" on the whole offense. AND we are still almost unwatchable because of it. Sorry, my friends, but things continue in THIS way I'll be DONE with the MAC-era very soon too. Imho, he shouldn't have even stuck Franks out there yet, not with what is obviously still a porous O-line AND castrated collection at the skill positions. After YEARS of this weak crap, I am just sick and tired of banging my head against the wall--that's what watching the Gator offense amounts to, year in year out. "Better than average D" alone just isn't enough.
And OH BTW: WHO ISN'T SICK TO DEATH ALREADY OF HEARING BOUT ALABAMA AND FSU AND SO ON AND ON and on and on???
(As we collapse entirely and get buried at the end: We couldn't even do anything with TWO pick-6's to take the lead at the half...Buried at the end by inept offense AGAIN. F-IT! Done for now, guys.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema