• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: Hosting Tigers in The Swamp

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this team DOES have heart--but I don't give MAC much of the credit for that...A little, ya GOTTA, but he is getting more the benefit than supplying the juice.
Still, I doubt we win this unless LSU fades rest of way, and D wakes up, does an immitation of the unit we saw to OPEN the season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I didn't see how we blew the pt-after: Eddie missed? Get it blocked? Bad snap?
Could make the final diff...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We trade scores from here, we lose.
Geez, they say "better to be lucky than good"...I don't necessarily agree: Luck catches up with you, eventually evens out.
And either way, it is HELL to watch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(This is worst game yet for me to follow...Gotta go back to work as the 4th qrtr begins--but we seem to pick up when I'm NOT watching, espec scoring offense, so prob just as well. I'm superstitious bout that sorta thing, so I am gonna bow out, in hopes that will help)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I HATE being right. Our D is letting us down today...our D and EDDIE P!
Just gotta make the stop NOW.
LAST CHANCE.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Mac sucks.... won’t even call him a coach because most coaches are able to develop recruits. He can go F-off....

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Haha....Macs stupid shanagons finally came back to kick him in his stupid face. This playing not to lose, lack of discipline and handcuffed water downed offense got us.

Troy!!!!! OMFG we can’t beat a team who lost to Troy. Mac is a loser!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ugh. Well, probably time to stop even hedging on this team: We are going hardly anywhere. At turtle-pace. You wanna wait 2 or 3 MORE seasons before finally agreeing that, mmmmmm, maybe its time to make a change, start over NOW?...Soon? Eventually?
This is the voice of, "LET'S START ASAP!!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I almost wanna do this one as a new post.I am so sick of this pattern of failure masking as "self-delusional success", led by our Coach, the pied piper of "follow-me" lies ("I believe it--so should all of you!!! Honest...").
OK, they WON'T fire him unril AFTER the season, earliest--and way things were going, mighta won just enough close ones mostly by luck that he might've kept his job with a 7 or 8 win season. I was torn. Can't root AGAINST my team and school, but knew in truth we were sinking and ALL the rrasons and problems, directly and indirectly lead back to the head Coach and his staff. Between us we've already said it sll, laid it out for oursel es and anyone who'd listened.
So am NOT going to get bogged down in that here. No, lets give ourselves that much: We won't truly begin to "rebuild" the way required until we turn the page on "The MacElwaine Experiment".
Until then, while I won't, CAN'T "abandon the field"--but I am DONE with HOPE for THIS season. For oh so MANY reasons.
From here on out, for me at least "outcomes" are irrelevant--neither to be trusted nor be cited: We know who and what we've got, where we are or are NOT going for the time being, and concentrate instead on the big picture--unmasking this bad costume of a once-great program with the goal of GETTING RID OF the latest phony con-man who is basically drawing a fat salary for failure.
Sorry. I'll try to make it interesting, but stay on point:
"Fire Mac NOW!!!"

awebbf5

VIP Member
I know this isn't what nobody wants to hear, but we are getting better.
- We have a young qb.
- Marcell Harris is missing the entire season, and now so is Del Rio.
- 10 players have been suspended including our #1 wr and rb, and our depth at linebacker.
-Tyrie Cleveland is out with injury.

Believe me McElwain drives me crazy also, but if you look at the body of work, we are progressing and getting better. Also take into consideration we are very young, and are putting together a great recruiting class.

I'm not saying Mac is the greatest but we do look some better. Truth be told he has as much regret as Urban does for letting a program changing qb go ( Grier and Newton)

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I can accept a loss when we are out there in a dog fight and there’s improvement. What I can’t accept that fact that we get no progression in offense after three years, continued lack of discipline on and off the field. Excuse after excuse from our head coach on “we’ll work on this we’ll work on that and you know what we’ll get better” and no we don’t get better. Our offense continues to spiral out of control and when I can’t figure out why every other receiver in the country knows how to get open but ours can’t. Players situational awareness is lack. Example the fumble on the first drive the receiver literally stands there’s and has no freaking idea the ball is lose. An offense lineman who didn’t give up on the play was running down field and notices the fumble.

The lack of awareness on this team is a direct reflection on the coaches and shows they have zero ability to coach up these players. Top to bottom this is the worst staff I’ve seen in a while. Heck I’ll take Muschamp back. We’d have pretty much the sane results but with a better d.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Certain things are excusable due to suspensions, injury, youth; however, there is no excuse for lack of situational awareness, lack of discipline, and lack of leadership.

Texas A and M is going to tear Florida apart at home, then Georgia is going to curb stomp Florida at a neutral site. Florida absolutely has to beat Missouri, or else Mac is not allowed on the bus back to Gainesville. The Fighting Muschamps will likely enjoy feasting on the Gators in the Cockpit. I no longer think FSU is winnable.

This game taught us a lot about who we are as a team. We suck. We are going to be lucky if we even bowl eligible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema