• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday #4: Gators Host Vols

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still really can't get over, can't really grasp what happened that last few minutes. SO strange--We couldn't do shit on offense whole afternoon, our D was tired and starting to steadily cave, then Grier and everyone around him suddenly starts pulling clutch plays out their collective ass on-demand from somewhere...like this was the plan all along.
"Oh yeah, y'all were talking about a 1-point win, just had to get 'em where we wanted 'em..."
Yeah, right. Only part wish I'd personally done different was put on the UF radio feed. Just listened to it over a replay of that last TD on ESPN, and it was hilarious.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One more thing, before I go back to just ENJOYING this win, and not think too much about all the CRAPPY things that had to set us up for such hilarious satisfaction, at least for now:
If it WAS gonna happen, it'd have had to be against the Vols. How many crazy wins, heart-wrenching last-play losses over the years? The "bang-bang" catch-strip in the end zone back at the start of this streak (still not sure our guy HAD that thing caught--but the hands went up, the 6 went on the board and our guys ran off the field celebrating and NO ONE was gonna change NUTHIN' in The Swamp that night), the various kicks (and misses) that beat us over the years...But this one had a whole, like, "two different games" thing happening. We were beat, badly, at home, by a team that isn't all that much better than us on their BEST day at THEIR place--and there was little sign it was gonna get better any time soon--let alone by late afternoon the same day.
Weird. Hilariously, joyously WEIRD. Will make the coming beat down from Ol' Miss easier to take. We hold our own for good part of game, I'll even try to take it philisophically. I may not even have to break anything (but hide the vases, etc., anyway, dear).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I find it interesting that Kentucky was able to beat Missouri, and that Vanderbilt was giving Ole Miss a hard time through three quarters. Do not get your hopes up, but it appears that the SEC East has reached a level of parity where it is now Georgia and everyone else. If some other East team can beat Georgia, then it puts the division up for grabs in a division where there is no team clearly better than the rest.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I find it interesting that Kentucky was able to beat Missouri, and that Vanderbilt was giving Ole Miss a hard time through three quarters. Do not get your hopes up, but it appears that the SEC East has reached a level of parity where it is now Georgia and everyone else. If some other East team can beat Georgia, then it puts the division up for grabs in a division where there is no team clearly better than the rest.
Yeah, I "liked" the sentiment and jist, and truth be told, same thing HAS been niggling the back of my mind ever since--but lets be seriously realistic: Except for our 2nd possession (when Kelvin Taylor looked like a faster version of his dad, the kind of player we've WAITED for him to be, for a couple of plays), this Gator team (led mainly down into floundering futility by the offense, itself led by a near-inept Grier) stunk up the Swamp for 3 and a half quarters.
I still am not sure how in hell he and the rest woke up, came back and won the thing--but the opponent's better talent and coaching will probably preclude that kind of ending against this year's Rebels. Gonna take a complete game--and I don't know thst we've a "complete HALF" in us, at this point.
Still, it was fun. I never saw it coming, anymore than the Vols and their fans, by the time it did.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I still really can't get over, can't really grasp what happened that last few minutes. SO strange--We couldn't do shit on offense whole afternoon, our D was tired and starting to steadily cave, then Grier and everyone around him suddenly starts pulling clutch plays out their collective ass on-demand from somewhere...like this was the plan all along.
"Oh yeah, y'all were talking about a 1-point win, just had to get 'em where we wanted 'em..."
Yeah, right. Only part wish I'd personally done different was put on the UF radio feed. Just listened to it over a replay of that last TD on ESPN, and it was hilarious.
Mick gave us a big ole "Oh MY"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema