• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday #4: Gators Host Vols

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Hate to say it but this one is in the bag!!!!Get ready for the Beat Down Ole Miss will be giving us followed by Georgia. I knew this was not our year but dam no improvement from game to game. Maybe it wasnt WM fault. These kids may be uncoachable. Im going to get drunk!!!!See yall next week

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Grier is NOT having a good day. (Understatement of the day)
"...not having a good cillege career". Get ised to THAT statement.
We have GOT to get a " man-among-boys" QB. I mean, we have holes to fill all OVER the place, need practically a whole new TEAM (Vernon'll be gone after this season, for sure), but wothout a great one at QB, I don't thunk Mac will get this done. He just seems over-matched and overwhelmed so far at this level. Maybe he can get it turned around, but will he have the 2-3 SEASONS it'd take, minimum, to remake what is a soft, baselessly arrogant Gator squad. Are we ready to give him at LEAST that, on "FAITH". That's what it will take. And in the meantime, we'll play the " pretty good teams" like this--and the REALLY good ones are gonna slaughter us, you watch. You gonna hang in, calmly hopeful for some "future" through that? Sorry. Call me what you lije, but the truth is, I'll be calling for a change by mid 2016 if we aren't BEATING all but the very best--and we I'll expwct us to be challenging THEM.
FUMBLE. But they take the TD away. Of course. And only way we get back in this one woulda been w the quick TD. What, you expecting Will Grier to hit a quick one?
Too bad our guy couldn't o' lifted that knee BEFORE grabbing ball. We need the D to score. Repeatedly. Yikes...our offense contunues to devolve. What happens with a QB everyone KNOWS can't hit the side of a barn. IK, guys. I:ll shut up again...I mean Grier is a complete DUD. Now the new kicker gets his first try in college. Oh, this just gets better and better. Like I said earlier: Spurrier may have been right...So how bout a FAKE here? Naw, won't happen. But it's the way to go, O'm tellin' y'all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hate to say it but this one is in the bag!!!!Get ready for the Beat Down Ole Miss will be giving us followed by Georgia. I knew this was not our year but dam no improvement from game to game. Maybe it wasnt WM fault. These kids may be uncoachable. Im going to get drunk!!!!See yall next week
Well on my way, right there with ya...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, weirdly, we are SORTA still in it here--but we oughta have the lead, NOT be barely "still in it". Not against a middling Vols team, at the Swamp. Now if we had a QB...
Whatta week for Treon to f-up, get sat. Means he's another headcase too. (Vol receivers no better than ours, btw)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Stop celebrating, you losers. You're behind. At home. After numerous breakdowns by your squad too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will Grier misses ANOTHER open WR breaking free. He is just a complete mess. I don't care how bad Treon let himself, the team and his Coach down: He's GOTTA get another chance. Will Grier has proven he SINKS in the face of The Big One. Have seldom seen such a let dowm performamce at Gator QB--and we have seen a PROCESSION of let-down-losers here last 4 or 5 seasons.
C'mon, D. It's up to you. Stop em, get the ball back--preferably in the endzone for a 1 pt win. Only way its gonna happen.
4th quarter belongs to, well, one of these bumbling messes. Yeah, I'm just a thrilled and hopeful Gator fan.
(Gonna turn sound off, leave the keyboard, and pay more attention to, well, never mind...just be content I really WILL go away until near end of game, at LEAST)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
="miltongator, post: 77278, member: 2598"]The D is letting this one slip away. I guess they just didn't get enough help from the O.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Just wore down here--This one goes at feet of Will Grier. Am I right?
Other than that, we've played Vols bout the same as everyone else this year--good/bad enough to JUST beat them, but with Grier stinkin' it up this bad, gonna lose instead this time, by a "bit" only 'cause we're at home.
OK OK I'm outta here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another game that was sooooooooooo close to being a win. Hmmmmmm seems like we've been here for years.
Yeah man--again, couldn't agree more. QB, team's bad habits, and lackluster coaching (sorry, first time I'd say that--bad sign, tho) doomed us on game we "woulda shoulda coulda"... I HATE that shit, too...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For me, I guess the lesson once again is, "When in doubt, leave off commentary, turn down sound, drink and fool around with gf (one eye still on screen of course--almost hurt us both on that TD--lol!)"...
...and for Coach Mac, it's, "Do NOT give the other guy's kicker TWO chances at 50+ yarders-to-win" (That's the other part of that lesson: ,"The opponent's kicker ALWAYS is better, and has better LUCK, than whomever is doing it for the Gatirs").
But ya know, I am proud of this TEAM, in the end. That was one wild late- 4th--and suddenly we look like the team we can be, what seemed so frustratingly unfulfilled until those last few minutes.
Now THAT'S "something to build on", something that helps them get what their Coach is trying to sell them on.
We'll still prob get CREAMED by Ol Miss, but right now, and for a few days anyway, I won't feel so bad. Maybe it ISN'T so bad, after all. Maybe we'll be gooder, sooner than I figured based on the previous 43 minutes of clock-play (and mosta what came before it so far this season). For those last few min in the 4th, Will Grier, evidently (we learn now) banged up badly still from LAST week's injuries, sucks it up and gets it done, his budding young playmakers come through, everyone finds that last oz of strength and just gets the job done and the ONE POINT WIN in the books.
We didn't deserve more. But no less, either. I'd rather be a Gator than anything else anyway--but a little more tonight.
Feels good.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Yeah, Ole Miss is going to be a much harder game, not to mention LSU and Georgia especially with their running backs with a defense that struggled against UT. Confident against Mizzo (though not by much), Vandy, OBC's boys, and FAU.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema