• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: (11/26/16) at FSU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is ugly.
Apleby has really reverted to his not-good-enough-to-play-at-Purdue level of play.
I don't think we CAN win unless there's another big "rainbow" in him.
Aw, bullshit call!!! We are getting shafted here. What else is new?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Either we stop them from getting ANYTHING here, or we will lose.
That simple. This fg is big.
BLOCKED! Yes. That is HUGE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we have NOT played even "mediocre" on offense so far this time. But we go in down just 7 and we aren't out of it after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Something obvious I meant to return to--and now's as good a time as any:
WE NEED TO GET A 5 STAR QB--and this one has to be the real deal or we're just not gonna progress all that far.
Yes, we seem to have the pieces of a rising future on both sides of the ball--but it won't add up to much better than THIS season's won/loss record without a real star QB.
Sorry--but y'all SEE what "game managers" manage: Mediocrity.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. Pick. Deep in their end.
Appleby throws it to NOBODY.
Which is just as well--he couldn't hit the side of a barn tonight.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
More wisdom from "Master of the Obvious":
That bobble-drop by Callaway was our last chance at the lead. Now that first drive's failure-to-score begins to loom large...
But a TD off that pick mighta turned this around for good. We lose close, it's WORSE, really--woulda shoulda coulda again...
And also again: THERE ARE NO MORAL VICTORIES.
Meanwhile, ANOTHER big Gator goes down.
Touchdown.
Damn, we are done for now.
Oh well, no excuses. I saw no sign of an offense BEFORE all these injuries either.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I hung in longer than I expected to once Appleby began to show his "remember me? the back-up to the guy who can't move a HEALTHY offense" true colors late in the 2st qrtr...
But now I gotta listen to those morons chanting that lame Braves thing again?
And Cleveland doesn't even TRY to go after one of the few halfway accurate throws Appleby's managed to throw long today.
Mmmmm, probably need a coupla more WRs out there on the recruiting trail, too:
Cleveland's a lazy choke artist (HATE guys like him) who won't go after it, get his uniform dirty...and Calloway's still our best--and HE isn't real consistent.
OK. This is a loss, you all know it as well as me. We need to make wholesale upgrades at QB and WR. Surprisingly enough, while we still need MORE of them, we DO seem to have the makings of the START of a decent O-line after all...and we're SET at RB (PLUS there's another 4+-star kid committed there in the next class).
But WE ARE FUCKED if Delrio is the starter come next August. Go out and get us a 5-star QB andEVERY DAMN WR you can, Mac.
In this one, our last infintessimal hope dried up with the WR play there in the 3rd qrtr. Callaway blew the big moment...the Cleveland didn't even TRY to go get that potential TD.
Another breakdown, another Nole TD.
Gonna LOOK like they smoked us, but we beat ourselves--thats the worst of it.
Glad I saw last week's game, or I'd be sure there was no hope at all--not for YEARS, and THEN only if Mac and Co. managed 3 or 4 big time recruiting hauls in a row.
As it is, they'll still need a couple--but if this coming one's good enough, we COULD start ahowing something NEXR year and be BACK by '18--and by "back" I mean WINNING SEC Championships and at least playing in that 4 team playoff.
That's gonna do it for this year though, Gators--by getting drubbed this way, all it'll take is ANY kind of win by Tennessee tonight to get THEM into "Sugarbowl" and us the "Stained Toilet Bowl" bid.
And I remain com0letwly unconvinced that this FSU team is substantially "better" than us. As I implied before, it is the very fact that even undermanned, it has been key letdowns by the QB and WRs at key momenylys that sealled pur fate here--and that makes it WORSE, because it wasted the put-iy-all out-there efforts on the part of everyone else, so many who HAVE played thwir hearts out again, as they jave done for weeks DESPITE all the injuries and aforementioned weak efforts.
I salute the SENIORS AND FRESHMEN who jave showed true heart and grit, who came together and tried to do everything they could and more to make magic out there last few weeks.
The rest, the maybe 3 or 4 guys who play like if it ain't easy, it ain't WORTH it, well, they can either take the hard look at themselves they need to in order to even BELONG HERE, let alone "at the next level", or just move over on the bench or move on--above all MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, hopefully for the younger, more talented and motivated young players at their position (WR, mostly) that hopefully our Coaches are already planning on bringing in to compete with and ultimately displace them.
Notice I DON'T include either of this year's QBs in any of the above. Appleby's gone after this year, and I can only repeat: If Delrio's even in the RUNNING for starter next season, we are beaten before we even begin. He should be no MORE than a 3rd string backup at ANY SEC school--and that only becausecof all hos "experience".
Which means we're now left with 2 "highly thought of" but completely untried-at-this-level QBs in the wings now--but Mac's GOT to bring in at LEAST one more to compete.
We're too important a program in a talent-rich state NOT to get that covered, and that is what it takes. It's what the other perrenial Championship-contending programs all manage to do, year in, year out.
I may set UP the thread for next week's Championship game, but I may not watch it. This one was painful and frustrating enough, thankyou (I've had the sound off since midway in the 3rd, once it got to 17-6, so I have witnessed a silent version of the ongoing sink and virtual collapse--unfortunately).
Sorry, but late in games like this one, where we seem to have inevitably wilted and self-destructed against the "cross state rival" that in truth isn't fit to be compared to us in ANY other important and tangible way, I am filled once more with a sense of waste and hopelessness--and I neither but, nor even wanna HEAR Coach Mac's relentless "look on the bright side" relaxed optimism for even ONE SECOND, ONE WORD longer...
"GET IT FIXED, COACH!!!"
Convince us that you do, and we'll be there and IN, all the way!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No clue why we play powell, he does nothing good.
Well, he WAS a very good cover guy--who has great hands, strength, speed--and showed flashes of big play ability soon as they switched him over--but they never seem to call plays designed with him in mind, which is WEIRD, since that was the whole rationale about switching him over to offense in the first place. I don't know what combo of not-calling the plays and/or the QB not seeing or not LOOKING for him is at work here--but as things stand, it HAS been another WASTE. That being the case, I am surprised they haven't switched him back, given all the injuries over on that side. But there are so MANY questionable calls, decisions and unfathomable moves with regard to our offense, by now I'm just amazed that we manage to suddenly pull it together and "almost look good" for a game or two here and there. THERE'S a "ringing endorsement" of the state of our program. Best I can manage.
Again: "GET IT FIXED, MAC".
I still have that much confidence, have seen JUST ENOUGH of what I believe our Coach has done and is capable of to believe he can and will at least do everything possible, fully and consciously plans to do everything in his power to do just that.
But the clock IS running, and the time is NOW. I really shouldn' t have to point this out, but there it is:
SORRY, Coach, but you gotta go out and get some RESULTS, pronto.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Overall, this was the WORST kind of loss:
"Slow death", as I called it in the first half.
Yes, we're hurt--but there was little sign of a coherent strategy, the so-called "gameplan" appeared non-existent, and the players who REALLY let us, and more importsntly their TEAMMATES down and sealed our fate early and often were the HEALTHY components--above all the QB and his WRs (and BTW: Do we even HAVE a TE available to play at this point? Haven't seen one on the field, let alone in a play in a LONG time).
It's easy for the coaches to mutter about "fickle fans"-- but it is equally true that at least SOME of the coaches and players must share responsibility for having managed to UNdo much of the positive hope and trust earned in LAST week's performance. It WASN'T "just 'cause we were banged up": Not everyone (in Mac's typical words) "fought their guts out there"--that's part of the problem. And you have to notice, the most successful Head Coaches DON'T necessarily coddle, compliment or make excuses for key players who don't get it done.
They don't criticize them publicly--but they DO go out and get players to compete for those positions in the clear hope and intention that they'll be replaced ASAP.
THAT'S what I'll be looking for now...
And if he and his staff don't succeed (and even more so if they don't TRY, and damn hard), then they'll be gone in another year or so--and deservedly so. And I have to believe they KNOW that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema