• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: (11/26/16) at FSU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What's there to say? We all know the set-up, the drill, what's specifically at stake this time and generally is up for grabs "AS ALWAYS"...
...and we certainly know what "everyone ELSE" out there thinks about our chances. Hell, most of us don't necessarily disagree with them, from a "steal yourselves for the worst, Gators" POV. Of course, this last gets into a sticky area that has come up a LOT lately--especially if you, like me, spend any time watching Sportscenter and/or listening to the yapping "experts" on the radio: It's one thing for US to be worried and on edge, preparing ourselves for the worst as the injuries pile up and little but heart and guts to balance them (and little sign of any change on-the-field with regard to our woeful offensive production, either). It's another thing entirely for a bunch of gleeful haters to automatically dismiss us out of hand on a weekly basis.
And what ABOUT that "heart and guts"??? I don't WANNA "hope" too much--we take that resigned-outlook BECAUSE we wanna limit the pain if/when it happens...but more than ever, not even so "deep down" I REALLY'd love to see us win this one, shut these fuckers and the lame loudmouthed media me-too'ers UP just one more week.
So yeah, still not PREDICTING another Gator shocker, another "doin' it with chewing gum and duct tape"-type win, still trying to insulate ourselves in "cynical realism", after all--but, well, we've all GOTTA be thinking, FEELING that "what if?"/"if only"/"just maybe"-thing to some extent.
So let 'em all say what they're all saying--I hate it, hate'em ALL, but I'll keep it all buttoned up, as we've had to do more and more this season, hunker down and see what happens.
But if we somehow pull it out, find a way to win by ANY means, a lead large or small, earned or by some ridiculous fluke--no MATTER the means I WILL REVEL IN IT!!!
I mean it: In that event, everything after, SEC Championship game included, will truly be gravy far as I'm concerned. But we don't need to go there, not yet.
We're miserably banged up, ridiculously short-handed, under-manned ro the MAX etc etc blah blah blah but you know what? Turns out we had more "depth" than expected: the only thing missing from the young backups at least on defense was experience--and they are GETTING it. In fact, turns out they'll have some of that to go with "no fall off" talent going into '17 after all, we know that now. Meanwhile, they're young, motivated and full of "don't KNOW what they CAN'T do" spirit. If the patchwork O-line continues to jel and surpass all reasonable expectation, Mac'n'Nuss can install some rip-them-a-new-one offense with a few more stretch-the-field surprises, Scarlet and co. continue to grow into the can't-stop-us role, and Appleby actually carry on his convincing impression of "the guy who shoulda been QB all ALONG", well...aw hell--They'll all STILL be shaking their heads, calling us bad-but-lucky and bout to be "KILLED in the NEXT game". And we'll continue to quietly expect the same. But still...
GO GATORS!!!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Why did we not take points? Really feel should have kicked the fg. Offense did look good first drive though.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
well, have played em even so far.
Agree bout that 4th down in the first drive...surprised me we DIDN'T give Eddie a shot there...hurt?
Aw shit! Appleby drops the gball!
Now we look fucked...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit! We CANNOT hand em easy points.
Mmmmmm...we are playing the way I THOUGHT we'd play LAST week.
I wiill say now the same thing I said at a similar point in 1st qrtr last week:
Either we respond NOW, or this'll get away from us fast--and more than ever, I WILL NOT hang around to watch us live down to our worst tendencies. With all we have shown at times about what we CAN do to rise above, this stinks of what we do poorly--ANOTHER FUMBLE!
As I was saying--and exactly what I was talking about--this is what we've seen all too often this year: This week we are beating ourselves. Looks like that first almost-drive WAS the "high point"...
Now that crowd of irritating idiots are starting that mindless chan, we are bacl to stumblimg, bumblimg and above all FUMBLING our way thru what's starting to look like a Gator choke job (and possible slaughter).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. D looks just off, every time its on the line.
We are bout to be down 2 tds early.
This week's Gator edition is gonna get clobbered.
Not sure what Mac was thinking in 1st qrtr in eschewing the fg: Maybe he saw this coming--but we NEVER had a chance against this team in a "shoot out":
Not with this offense, even with a HEALTHY line. I will shut up at 14-0.
May be "wake-up"time...
DAMN! Shoulda been picked off by Tabor there. Woulda saved our asses, least for awhile. Now they get another score--but ee see a crack of light--IF we can put something together here and get IN this thing. "Wish you had that 3 now, Coach?"
Aw well--doesn't look like 3 pts is gonna make the diff now anyway. But it"d be nice to have SOMETHING up there...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't know if we can recover from all the mistakes we've made here.
Thats whats so questionable about that 4th down call on the 1st drive, deep in their end: I understand "going for broke" at this point--but calling a desperation-inspired play that early instead of taking points smacks of "taking counsel from your fears"--something our Coach DOESN'T normally do. And following that resulting failure with repeated fumbles and sloppy mistakes sets ourselves up for exactly what we now appear to be heading into: slow death. Sigh...Let's face it: Since that 4th down failure we have played and looked exactly like what we FEARED we'd look like back the week after Arkansas...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shoot. If we can somehow get it in there and stop the bleeding here, well, maybe we can not embarrass ourselves after all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thats why Appleby doesn't measure up--and why we HAVE TO get a real QB.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw hell. We won't be getting any calls our way tonight. And Appleby is mediocre, at best. "Game ASSISTANT Manager".
(All I can do is try and joke about this: Except for that lame early no-kick and a series of Appleby bumbling errors, we are prob only down 7-6 here)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Be nice to see US get some sorta gift about now--tie this thing up.
But no: Of all things, Pineiro picks here'n' now to dribble one outta bounds. Possible early signs of total team swoon now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I had ALMOST been able to put this kind of performance in the rearview mirror.
I had really begun to hope we'de turned the corner, become a team you had to BEAT. But now it's already come to this:
Either we turn this around RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, or we go down.
And THERE ARE NO MORAL VICTORIES for decent teams. ARE WE A "DECENT TEAM" that happens to be short-handed at the moment, or a mediocre one that eventually cracks when pressured?
OK, we ARE banged up, under-manned.
BUT...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, failed another "Big Moment". We HAD to stop them here...OK--Gardner missed another Gator-shot at a big pick , but flag on play.
We just gotta get some pressure on this kid.
One more score will pretty well do it,I'm afraid...we may crack wide open after that, get routed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Say it again: We are hanging on by our finger nails here--but we ARE still "hanging on". Gonna HAVE to make a play, get back even here to have ANY chance.
Can Appleby MAKE a play? Does Nussmeier HAVE one?!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema