• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday:(11/19/16) at LSU

awebbf5

VIP Member
Not crazy about the pitch on the one, pound Scarlett or qb sneak imo , but we're up and I think it's in our advantage because the qb will have to make plays now!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, even with all the mistakes and poor choices in play calling (yeah, that play from the 1/2 yd line would have scored had it been executed--but to try that there, with this qb, when the power run game was cooking?), we have fought thru, and still have a chance here, even IF a Tiger TD will kill us at the end obviously:
No matter what, I am PROUD of this Gator team. We have almost nothing except Scarlette (little joke/play on words with "Fournette"...ok, pretty weak) "right" on offense, but we are up late. If D can stop them now, we win.

Go Gators. Forever.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Excuse me while I go off to suffer thru the anxiety of this next few minutes.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I cannot stand it.
I am torn between being disappointed about that toss/failure to get the TD back there (opened the door to still losing on an LSU TD), and my great pride in these undermanned Gators. They have playedtheir HEARTS out here today.
Here's the game. Aw crap. We HAD em.
How did he get so open??? Just sad.
They will probably score with little time left.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't know what to say.
Not gonna go on about all the misses here towards the end, especially that 4th down.
This one is gonna hurt BAD unless D can somehowtake the ball away here.
But no matter what, this was a game effort by our battered team.
Still: I said at the start, "No moral victories here." Either we find a way, or A LOSS IS A LOSS.
Even THEY are playing for "win at the end"...and we seem to be obliging them.
PLEASE GATORS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
30 seconds left--and NOW we start calling time outs. By now, our only hope is to STOP them. We will NOT have time for a counter-score.
Guys, we are about to lose--BY ONE POINT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I am just dying here. Can't believe how this one has played out. And unless something FINALLY breaks our way, I feel like it's a foregone conclusion...
One more play. 4th down and everything on the line.
Wanna bet they THROW it here?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Halleluja!!!
SHUT UP EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!!!
In your FACE, ESPN! And everyone ELSE!
Review??? Review WHAT???
Yes! Those hapless, wounded and qb-less (EVERYWHERE-ON-THE-FIELD-less) Florida Gators win the SEC in front of 102 THOUSAND hostile Tiger fans.
I wasn't "wrong" in my comments early in the game--but turns out not to matter: our HEARTS were bigger.
We still need to make all the changes and upgrades I spoke of, but we are on track. The young guys began to step in, step up.
MAKE the necessary "adds", Mac, and you WILL overtake your mentor's program.
And for now, for today, EAT EM UP, GATORS!!! Go home happy, tired and happy. Couldn't BE prouder than I am right now...and that last stand by the D was AMAZING.
Thats who we are, America. THAT'S why you were wrong to write us off. I understand--hell, I just about did too, HAD TO to even watch, I was so nervous about it. Had to get totally ready for defeat if I was even to check score periodically, let alone watch and respond here at GE.
Tell you what: I don't know what'll happen rest of the way, but I am now sure of THIS: We havethe right Coach and the foundation for future BIGTIME success.
We have but to get some things done to upgrade that offense (line and qb) to become world-beaters.
But that discussion can wait.
MAN, that was a great effort by the D (who basically shut em DOWN after their first possession, all the way til the last--when, fittingly, D just STOPPED them when they had to. And in between, Scarlet and that patchwork O-line just played their HEARTS out.
A GOOD DAY TO BE A GATOR.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So. How do the various sports media cover this? "Another upset", yes...but it seems pretty simple even for their simple minds:
Show the 98-yd TD pass, the late fumble-on-kickoff (symbolizing all THREE of em), and the goalline stand at the end.
There's a nice short summing up:
Gators win. Oh the shock. How could we BE so wrong???
Best moment of the season for me.
In fact, in the larger, "Big Picture" view, best monent in a long time.
I know now what we can be--'cause I saw us beat "the high end" when we were missing so much.

miltongator

Gator Fan
So. How do the various sports media cover this? "Another upset", yes...but it seems pretty simple even for their simple minds:
Show the 98-yd TD pass, the late fumble-on-kickoff (symbolizing all THREE of em), and the goalline stand at the end.
There's a nice short summing up:
Gators win. Oh the shock. How could we BE so wrong???
Best moment of the season for me.
In fact, in the larger, "Big Picture" view, best monent in a long time.
I know now what we can be--'cause I saw us beat "the high end" when we were missing so much.
Best by far!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wow great game, we didn't play the best but this team NEVER quit and I'm so proud of them for that.
Exactly. Said the same (in my own all-over-the-place way) above.
Everything we managed, when it absolutely COUNTED, tells me that we ARE on the right track after all.
Hey man, imagine what we can be with a really GOOD QB and a deeper, more talented O-line! That's how close (or far away) we are from being perrennial national contenders once more.
(Among the many pluses out there today, how bout this one: ONE penalty for FIVE yards.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was THE ROAD WIN we've desperately needed
Yes! No one can do that all the time, every time, have whole TEAM get up and STAY THERE, get it DONE on heart, guts and determination...to do what they have to when EVERYTHING is on the line. But when it all came down to it, everything and everyone stacked against them, they ROSE to the challenge.
Haven't seen anything like it since Tebow. A high standard indeed--one I don't dare invoke in advance. But that's what they achieved today. And they did it together. I give our Coach and his staff great credit for putting them in position in every way to do it--but best of all, THEY did it, and now they know they can and have.
They will be a better team from here on in from knowing that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Even better part was seeing the vols fans after it was announced we won :)
Oh yeah! That was hilarious. They AND the media pundits had this one already marked in: Gators lose, Vols in.
Now, as I said earlier, NO ONE can maintain that level of SPIRIT HEART and SOUL game after game--and on first glance, that's what seems required to end the season (a la Muhamed Ali) "shook up the WORLD!"
So lets try and see it slightly different:
Except for the 2nd half of the Vols game, our D has pretty well played that way every game, MOST of each game.
So it is the offense that has to set the bar higher (big surprise). The blueprint to beat the elite is there, though: get the lead late and hold it. That doesn't necessarily require a bolt-from-the-blue in the 4th--not with Scarlet coming into his own, great young RBs behind him AND an admittedly patchwork O-line managing to step in, step up and MESH. THE QB DOES have to make a play here and there when the opposition begins to overplay the run (and the receivers HAVE to do their jobs, catch the BALL--we well coulda put this one away earlier if we just EXECUTED on a handful of crucial offensive plays: We'll NOT likely see another QB rest of the way, so it'd sure help if Appleby would just settlecdown and do what he's supposed to be good at...He DID finally hit the long one he was reputed to be better at than Delrio--who never hits it--but he still needs to remember he is "the running qb" on our depth chart).
Nonetheless, that'll all probably leave us short against Alabama in the SEC Championship (but I HAVE "said that before", and happily been WRONG). I am more optimistic about FSU (and you gotta think we'll be UP all the way for that one, too), but we'll HAVE to actually "matriculate" against the Tide.
Doesn't have to be pretty--but we prob DO gotta make those several key plays, in ADDITION to playing them that tight the rest of the way.
But now we get to think and talk realistically about all that and more.
Meanwhile, the Vols are in deep denial and depression, but they are STILL treating us as a laughing stock over on ESPN and sports radio. We are somehow just more evidence of how WEAK the SEC East is.
I happen to think OSU OR Mich would lose AT LEAST 2 games playing an SEC schedule. One MORE reason to win out, REALLY wanna rub ALL their faces in it!
But today is GOOD.
One game at a time, rest of the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema