• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday:(11/19/16) at LSU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What is there to say, at this point?
To a certain extent, this one feels about like sending a child out to cross the freeway. Blindfolded.
Hope I'm wrong about that. That there really IS "a puncher's chance".
I won't go into it all again, how we somehow got here, despite the original schedule, the sad combination of poor judgement and poor luck, etc, all that marks that twisted trail.
No, we all know, have LIVED it...If you're like me, you've screamed at the radio/ TV/computer screen along the way--at our team, our coaches, maybe most of all at all the stupid crap the "experts" have said or FAILED to say along the way.
None of that maters now. Either we find a way to win a game, THIS game, and in so doing make this season an objectively "successful" one after all-OR we "follow the assumed script", lose like everyone is completely certain we will (almost LAUGHINGLY so--that's how far we've fallen in the college football consciousness, maybe even deservedly, considering our offensive futility last 6-7 years), hand Tennessee the East and go quietly into the downward spiral a string of stubborn, lunkheaded Coaches and OCs have prepared for us over that time.
And if Coach Mac doesn't see, grasp and determinedly aim to AVOID, STARTING RIGHT NOW, well, then he'll be just the latest, in my book.
I don't know if I can watch, there's so much at stake here, far as I can see. Not just this game, then, not even just this season--but rather how far we're bound to fall and KEEP falling, and how long it might go ON for.
Oh, I'll watch, of COURSE, at least the early going...But KO fumble or run back against us, and/or some quick-accumulating disaster of pick-6's and the like piling up and I'm GONE. And no, I'm not looking for some "moral victory". This time ANY kinda WIN will do, right? But we stay close, show some imagination on offense to go with a D that will hold its own, even thinned out as it is, IF that offense will give their teamates on the other side of the ball some BREATHING space, TIME to rest between drives, at least.
The rest is up to Coach Mac and the gameplan (well, that and their flexibility, their ADAPTIBILITY between halves--something they HAVEN'T shown a lot of so far, not when it counted). Time to earn your salries--and our TRUST, gentlemen.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Tempers already flaring on the fielderly between our guys and theirs. If we play like last week we win

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are breaking down on defense already. What's working for them are all the things we HAD to know they were gonna do: Its there on the film from PREVIOUS weeks' games. If our D can't stop THAT, we are bout to lose this in the FIRST half.
Damn shame: We have gotten thru' the first crowd-induced onslaught.
Here's that stupid bastard Fournette...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...we are gonna get killed. That was a hangover from MILES' time here, and we fell for it. Again.
1st and goal. Sigh...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Face it: They have shown more "creativity" on offense than we did.
Showed in the results: We bogged down "playing it safe", after driving at first. They drove the field. I will shut up now, be back if/when we show that there IS some "Plan B".
Otherwise, well, I'll have more to say later. Maybe MUCH later. (Nice return. Tabor sorta "stepped in"--but someone SHOULD!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I will violate my promise (to shut up) for this: WHAT IS APPLEBY'S PROBLEM?
He keeps doing that, scrambling, getting himself in the clear--then, with no one open and field in front of him, stopping, waitimg too long, then STILL trying to "thread the needle" instead of taking off.
He's SUPPOSED to be "the running qb", for crying out loud!!! Ok, got a fg--but should have at least had a 1st'n'10 inside the redzone there. We CANNOT afford ANY "points left on the field" here today.
Look, obviously I WANNA be WRONG in my assessments here, wrong in every way. I will HAPPILY concede it if we were to find a way to come out winners today. REVEL in it! But it's as if we are choosing, as a team (coaches and players), "tease and slow death" over "immediate collapse". In some ways that's WORSE, at least for us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do we lead the league in 3 and outs? Sure seems like it.
We have a "running qb" who seems AFRAID TO RUN. Great, just great. Patchwork O-line, ZERO depth behind not one playing his natural position, "run run run/ pass here and there" our clear gameplan it seems--but qb doesn't appear to get the word. Or at least has some idea he should "pass first" and is over concentrating on that, even when it's open.
And there's why: Appleby had an open wr streaking for 6--but overthrows him. 'Course, he could have gone AFTER it harder, but maybe we should start a qb who can HIT the receiver in stride on that pass. And Appleby HAS to run when he has space and no one open: Otherwise, get Franks in there--no WORSE chance of winning as things otherwise stand.
Sorry. This is just sad AND frustrating...and that 4 points diff may be enough right there. Our offense is that putrid with EITHER of these transfer qbs. Looks like D will have to do our scoring, as usual.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Replays don't show ANY Gator touch--but will that, a negative view, be enough to reverse it here? YES! Whew! That woulda killed ANY chance. But we are down in a close game we should be EVEN in.
Where's the PI? And WHERE IS OUR RUNNING QB? Again he didn't run. And AGAIN. GEEZ, FUCK this guy. No wonder Purdue wouldn't play him.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Replays don't show ANY Gator touch--but will that, a negative view, be enough to reverse it here? YES! Whew! That woulda killed ANY chance. But we are down in a close game we should be EVEN in.
Where's the PI? And WHERE IS OUR RUNNING QB? Again he didn't run. And AGAIN. GEEZ, FUCK this guy. No wonder Purdue wouldn't play him.

I'd rather have him over del Rio. This lsu team is good and we're in this ball game

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't get around it:
This team simply CAN'T AFFORD a QB who beats himself. Appleby played his best game, as good as he's got, last wk--against the WORST D IN THE SEC. This time, simply the IDEA, the awareness that he's facing a supposedly "top defense" has him pressing: doesn't know WHEN he should run, and rushing his throws, throwing off his back foot at "phantom pressure" when it IS time to pass. I do not believe an already disfunctional offense like ours can possibly outscore ANYONE, let alone LSU, with EITHER of this year's chosen qbs.
I'm GLAD Appleby won't be back next year--but I'm afraid that just nakes DelRio "first choice" going into '17, and on balance between the two, it has been proven on the field: Luke is even LESS worthy.
Either we have a gem on the sidelines already, OR they go out and get one abd he takes over by summer, OR Mac will be GONE by the end of next season.
Period.
As for this game, well, said enough--except I'll say THIS again:
Hope to HELL I'm wrong!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'd rather have him over del Rio. This lsu team is good and we're in this ball game
Yeah, noted same above.
Meanwhile, as often happens seems to me, we do better when I'm not watching or listening. I come back and we have the lead--but now they are driving on us.
Moght be good idea I go away again...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. D getting tired now? Suddenly we can't STOP their running game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK OK...I am goin' AWAY for awhile...
I'll try ANYTHING give us a chance here.
I mean, we manage a 98 YARD PASS PLAY when I'm not watching???
Fine. Message received. 'Cause we are bout to fall behind again.
Kills me--but I AM superstitious bout such things when it comes to Gator games.
So I'll check back in awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema