• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week 9: To Hell With Georgia

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now our D, gettin' tired, making mistakes...The offense HAS to do something next series, I believe. Just for us to hang on. Even a 3 there would a helped put it almost outta reach--and they had it down inside the FIVE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...unless WE INTERCEPT IT IN THE ENDZONE!!! Well, that about fixes the whole deal, I think. Of COURSE it's our D that gets it done, accomplishes almost everything today: That interception is the same as us sack scoring--only leaves THEM on the "down", emotionally. And now it switchez:Time starts to work against THEM.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think that was a bone headed call not to kick the FG.....No way with Harris do we score there.
I agree--but I really think it was a combination of everything we've seen (and Mac has seen, like everyone else) that screwing up in the kicking game has brought last coupla weeks, AND the simple, apparent truth that OUR KICKING GAME IS FOR SHIT,let's face it...
And there goes Scarlett. Man, that kid is GOOD. FAST. But he didn't quits score--which means we'll go backwards again? But NO! Taylor scampers in! Alright! NOW we have this game--and it'll look like we killed em--which we sorta will have done--except that WE know what "woulda shoulda COULDA been accomplished, that THIS was possible because of D, mainly, with help early from special teams, and COULD have turned out very differently against a better offense, even WITH our fine D.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Now that I feel better about this game.....can I remind you who called this a "turnover" game. I love when I'm right 'cause it doesn't happen very often.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guess I'm saying that our offense still has a LOT of work to do--and Mac knows it. You could see his frustration/dissatisfaction at the start of the 2nd hald when he was asked a few q's on his way to the sidelines. Offense, mentoring qbs and tactical plans that exploit their skills, is one of his calling cards: He really doesn't have that much to work with here yet--less so than ever once he/we lost Grier. On a "bad day" like this one it just must grate on him. He'll get it "fixed", much as he can U think, here this year--but it'll be a WHOLE LOT different in seasons ahead. For now, though, gotta just be glad that we can come out with a "big win" even on a day like this.
And there's another pick by our D. THAT'S how you get a break, even with poor offense: Take it back, MAKE the O come back out! Lol

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now that I feel better about this game.....can I remind you who called this a "turnover" game. I love when I'm right 'cause it doesn't happen very often.
Lol Naw, man. You get yr PROPS! You said itat least a COUPLA times. Couldn't have BEEN more accurate a call.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The offense needs a lot of work is we want to be competitive against FSU and the SEC West champion. They also need to make sure they do not get stupid against Vanderbilt and USC.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, the comments on the radio and Sports center will be nice, all the talk bout "Florida being the real thing..., etc--but weird thing for me is, how the HELL do I feel worse about our team after a 27-3 win at "The Cocktail Party" than I did about our one LOSS to LSU???!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good thing is, tho', I DO trust our Coach to get the most out of all the things that looked bad, help Treon and that offense get better.
Now, as for the KICKING game, well--he (Hardin) is SUPPOSED to be playing with some sorta injury, but I am somehow unable to pin down exactly what that "injury" IS...and whatever the problem, it sure doesn't yet appear to be "improving"-- and last week they held that "student body-wide open try-out"...That does not seem a good or hopeful sign. Cost at LEAST 7 PTS today, and sooner or later THAT sort of thing will get us beat.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Only game left imo that will be tough is free shoes, simple fact because it's a rivalry game. The rest we should win by at least 14

Escambia94

Let's not get cocky. South Carolina (3-5, 7th in SEC East) beat Vanderbilt under an interim coach, and without a solid QB. They kept it close with aTm (6-2, 4th in SEC West). Vanderbilt (3-5, 5th in SEC East) is a lot less scary than the Vandy team that has kept games close under Muschamp, but they did beat Missouri.

A win is a win, but this was ugly. The defense was stout, and the special teams snuffed out a fake punt. That offense is not going to beat FSU. No way. This FSU team is very beatable, but the Gators need to fine tune the offense to actually beat a good defense.

Escambia94

Trying to be positive:
  • This was the most complete defensive performance all year. The Gators held the Puppies to 223 yards, and only 93 yards of rushing.
  • The special teams and defense forced 5 turnovers!
  • The rushing attack was the most productive it has been all year. Kelvin Taylor rushed for 121 yards, and Jordan Scarlett ran for 96. Jordan Cronkrite would have gained a bunch as well if the referees were not making up rules on targeting.
  • Antonio Callaway is a rock star, even when hampered by injury.
  • Johnny Football is a damn good punter.
Back to earth:
  • The Gators should have tested out the leg of a backup kicker, rather than go for it. Then again, I can understand not taking chances against the Sick Puppies. Regardless, one of the kickers not named Austin Hardin is going to win or lose a game for the Gators this season and will need the extra practice making those kicks in a hostile environment. (For a kicker, any environment is hostile until he makes the kick.)
  • Treon Harris really is a step down from Will Grier. Just admit it, Gator Nation. Grier screwed us royally by not consulting with the Florida athletic staff about nutritional supplements. I am 99% certain Grier would have beaten LSU (although admittedly I was only 50% certain before the LSU game). Coach Mac needs to look at the plays that Treon excels in and use more of those. Hint: roll him out of the pocket.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema