• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week 9: To Hell With Georgia

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kelvin T starting to run to his strengths, too. Put it all together in 2nd half--move the ball, cash it in, D steps on their neck--and, well, we take the East, boys. Geez, whattamIsayin'??? Shut UP, DRU--you'll JINX us!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We ARE "opportunistic"--like we haven't been since about 2009--Muschamp never DID grasp the idea, "Ya never get 'breaks' if ya never try, dude..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh my God. QB draw suck hole play to start with-&and he fumbles. CRAP. WE LET TGEM BACK HERE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, held em to 3. But thats a gift. Now we HAVE to score a TD, I'm telling you. That, plus our missed pts on kicks make a TD...I just had this feeling that we will need 24-to-27 pts to win this one--and with the way the kicking has gone, I now have us needing that ONE DRIVE FOR 7.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(If either Treon or that lb coulda held onto the ball, we'd be ok, but...I hope like HELL Mac isn't going into a "shell" now here. That fumble play was a wrong step, to start. Go with what brung ya--Stay aggressive on offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He was DOWN! THEY BETTER REVERSE THIS! Its called a fumble on the field, tho--and we've seen these go wrong repeatedly this season. What are they taking so much time for??? And wtf is going on with us now? Hardly a turnover all year, and suddenly, when it's almost the only way to lose, we start dropping it every other play...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
C'mon guys...just settle down and be strong. And this just shows there IS no "safe" play. We are playing INTO their potential comeback, playing this way. Right play, crappy throw again-and dropped in still-catchable ball. Well, back in hands of our D, anyway. A lot safer than with offense today-&but O has GOT to move it some at LEAST, just to rest D, sp they don't get worn down. As for that TD I think we'll still need, well, that might come from D or special teams ANYWAY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Problem is, they know Treon can't throw it, so they're just gonna stuff the run and dare Treon to beat them.
If only he could-- thought he might towards end of half--if he hits just a FEW, we can take this game, woulda taken it already. Still can.
Man. Our D IS fine. I mean, "FINE"! Wish we could play em both ways! (Already working for/with Powell!)

awebbf5

VIP Member
That was a BS targeting call.
Yep he didn't even hit him with his helmet nor did he he hit his helmet. That's a football play simple as that. I got blind sided hit numerous times in high school, and yep it hurt and sucks but they are blocks

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Are you kidding me? He was no where near the head and the refs kick him out. Did the UGA boosters paid off Ritter and company?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You can't go into a "run only" shell tho'--like you say, mg, that makes it EASY on em, and puts TOO MUCH on our D. Aw, USELESS penalty by our guy--and they're gonna throw Cronkite out here, I think. He's one of our budding stars on a thin line, too--but still young and stupid.. Won't be back til 2nd half of Candy.
Meanwhile, long down here, instead of short yardage. And we CONTINUE to stink up the place on offense. When Train isn't misfiring, rest of O is screwing around--UNTIL TREON HITS CALLOWAY (his fave guy--a natural star) for a FIRST DOWN with 30 yard throw/catch! I mean, that's what I was saying at end of half. We are basically playing like SHIT on offense, but "somehow, someway"...My read still stands: If we can somehow find ourselves another 7 pts here, that'll just bout do it.
(And if we do, and pull this one out, I do NOT wanna hear about where we're ranked, how good or bad we are in relation to anyone else, what they do in that playoff "committee", etc. We are what we are, we're better than anyone (ourselves included) thought coming in--but we ain't THAT "great", not yet, and THIS GAME NOT ONLY PROVES IT, IT SHOWS WHY.
So we go to the 4th qrtr at 20-3, their only pts we handed them, and if we can score a TD here we're up more than 3 touchdowns...and no matter what else I think, I am reasonably certain this Bulldogg team won't score 3 TDs-plus-2pt-conversions on this Gator Defense.

miltongator

Gator Fan
You can't go into a "run only" shell tho'--like you say, mg, that makes it EASY on em, and puts TOO MUCH on our D. Aw, USELESS penalty by our guy--and they're gonna throw Cronkite out here, I think. He's one of our budding stars on a thin line, too--but still young and stupid.. Won't be back til 2nd half of Candy.
Meanwhile, long down here, instead of short yardage. And we CONTINUE to stink up the place on offense. When Train isn't misfiring, rest of O is screwing around--UNTIL TREON HITS CALLOWAY (his fave guy--a natural star) for a FIRST DOWN with 30 yard throw/catch! I mean, that's what I was saying at end of half. We are basically playing like SHIT on offense, but "somehow, someway"...My read still stands: If we can somehow find ourselves another 7 pts here, that'll just bout do it.
(And if we do, and pull this one out, I do NOT wanna hear about where we're ranked, how good or bad we are in relation to anyone else, what they do in that playoff "committee", etc. We are what we are, we're better than anyone (ourselves included) thought coming in--but we ain't THAT "great", not yet, and THIS GAME NOT ONLY PROVES IT, IT SHOWS WHY.
So we go to the 4th qrtr at 20-3, their only pts we handed them, and if we can score a TD here we're up more than 3 touchdowns...and no matter what else I think, I am reasonably certain this Bulldogg team won't score 3 TDs-plus-2pt-conversions on this Gator Defense.
Don't jinx it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep he didn't even hit him with his helmet nor did he he hit his helmet. That's a football play simple as that. I got blind sided hit numerous times in high school, and yep it hurt and sucks but they are blocks
Are you kidding me? He was no where near the head and the refs kick him out. Did the UGA boosters paid off Ritter and company?
Yes, but they have gotten crazed about this sort of thing. (Damnit-- when will they get that play right??? That's second time it took a TD off the board--against LSU last time!) SHOULDA been a late hit, stupid--but step it off and play on. But no--now it affects the rest of this game AND part of next...
Damnit!--That's exactly what you were saying, mg: They overplayed run, 'cause they knew that we wouldn't throw. Now I think we HAVE to kick it, unless you really don't think Hardin can hit a 30 harder, even-- which may be the case. Yep, seems Mac thinks so. But we GOTTA get some points here. And even THEY know we'll throw it here. Yerp. Bad call, bad play...and WHY? Has it come to that? Throw it away rather than chance a kick screw-up, like we've seen elsewhere last couple weeks.
Now see? This is my fear, why I said we'd need one more score. Here they come.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema