• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week 9: To Hell With Georgia

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All three of you on this forum know that I love statistics, but in this rivalry game I have to throw out all logic.

Why Florida will win:
  • Georgia is without Nick Chubb.
  • Georgia lost two of their last three SEC games
  • Georgia failed to score a touchdown against Missouri in its last outing
  • Georgia is supposedly starting its 3rd-string quarterback
  • Florida has confidence that it is likely headed to Atlanta and the SEC Championship Game
Why Georgia will win:
  • Florida coach Jim McElwain is in his first WLOCP and is less familiar with the Georgia antics
  • Florida is without Will Grier, who makes better throws in tight spaces
  • Florida has an injured scholarship kicker, a new walk-on, and a dental student emergency backup kicker
  • Florida is coming off a 35-28 loss at LSU
  • Georgia is playing in its championship game with nothing else to play for
To hell, to hell, to hell with Georgia... to hell, to hell, to hell with Georgia... to hell, to hell, to hell with Georgia 'cause we're from Florida!

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, it's Halloween, and I've got my "DRU2012" mask on (one of these years I WILL get an "Albert" suit and wear it at work and play all day'n'night here in Longhorn country). Of course, like "all" of you I am a "Gator" thru and thru (and yes, caught that "all 3 of us" aside there, E-, lol--but not only is that a SLIGHTLY low number of regs who actually comment, we actually garner a somewhat larger, if intermittent count of "guests" who drop in and out without participating in discussion, especially during and within 24 hrs AFTER games, whatever that means or is worth).
Have no idea how this will go today. Think we'll have a pretty good idea early on: This Gator team has it within them to beat a seemingly "unsettled" Bulldog team, and beat them soundly. Coaches Mac, Nussmeyer et al have had the "bye-" to heal a bit, further settle in with Treon running the offense, and generally get ready-in-detail...but there are caveats, potential "curves" that could be thrown.
For eg., this 3-QB thing, with their best RB down, could either be a sign of further confusion and an opening for our excellent D, OR a set up that leaves UGA's supposedly "talented dual-skilled" kid positioned intentionally by Richt to have us ill-prepared for a complete change in the way their offense comes at us.
As I say, what KIND of game it turns out to be should be apparent early on: A strong win for us from the start? A close one we take control of by the half or shortly thereafter? OR a fiasco that has us floundering early, getting behind, having to scramble and adjust and God knows how we respond, get back in it IF we CAN? Not even gonna try and predict--we've been thru' too much frustration and disappointment last few years to let our hopes go too far now. I do know this is a "new" team, thanks to this Coach and his staff has us heading the right way amd WAY ahead of any "schedule" we had any reason or hope to expect. But still...
As far as THIS season is concerned, this game's the turning point: What are our "realistic goals", the level we're at RIGHT NOW, will be determined today. And unlike last game (where we may well have " proven something to ourselves" in a loss--NOT something I normally give much credence to) it's really a matter of outcome. As I said elsewhere here earlier in the week, this time out I really don't care that much about how we do it, ultimately: JUST GOTTA WIN.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I think this is a "turnover" game. If we take care of the ball (like we have, by and large, this year) then I think we'll win.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well guys I got today off. As most know my mom is a diehard georgia fan, so we have tailgated all day with fried gator and hot dogs lol. I love my mother but today is that day of the year I talk a lot of trash to her lol. Here's a pic of her flag she put out today. Go gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Have had to watch that "Bulldogs rush the endzone" clip again and again last 24hrs--at least the first few seconds, before I angrily switch away. Finally, we get TO it now.
..only, I'm more nervous than I've bern for any game this year--in fact, more than in a COUPLE of seasons, I think. FEELIN' it, I think. There's a terrible throw by Treon. Another one. He' s all over the place. Hardin in--and misses another one. Y'all may be relieved to hear it, but I'm gonna bow out for awhile..This is a bad omen--and unless the D picjs us up PRONTO, I have a very bad feeling now. CAN'T right away start leaving points in the field--I'd have been against even TRYING the kick, we're so bad now, but Treon hasn't thrown one accurate pass yet. Hppe that flag's a hold, 'cause otherwise... Yeah--but just a reprieve, I fear. Later, guys. This one may hurt...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They're ripe tp be plucked--but we are off our game today. A shame.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't know if I can even watch this. Just horrendous play by Treon. HE CAN'T HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN TODAY. First time we really MISS Grier, who'd make the difference, I think.
Sorry: Think I may have to go for a drive, LISTEN for awhile--until we fall apart, I'm more than half expecting...Iean, we are not much of a running team this year, and withoyt decent accuracy from our QB, well, we're back to LAST year...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Its all on our D. DAMN. If we had just half the offense we've shown til now this season, we'd be up coupla scores (was gonna say 10 pts, 'cept I don't think Hardin can kick it any bettet than Treon's throwing it today). Man, this is thr first yime this team is making me feel like the Muschamp version ALWAYS did.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looked like a slick formation. Outsmarted themselves. Yikes. Way this one's being played by BOTH TEAMS, that 3 pts coulda been the winning score Hardin missed on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema