• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day--Week 7: Into the Night

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bad kick, shitty special teams again. Mmm, this is starting to look like growing rout. OK, we are getting embarrassed now. And for first time, I'm seeing biggest problem with Treon: too SHORT. HAVE to get him outside so he can see field, receivers.
But lets face it--guess we were more affected as a team than we knew: We're not doing any of the things we did well up till now this season--and not just at QB. No, this team was given an early lift but still couldn't do more than "make it to the 2nd qrtr" before getting drilled here... BUT NICE LONG THROW! COMPLETE at 19, then TD pass! And somehow we're back in this--thanx to Treon, who CAN fling it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whew! This team does have guts, resilience, give em that, even on a clearly off night. Especially Treon. Now, if we can at least not get any further behind here, go to half within a score, well, we regroup and see what we can manage in the late game. But have to stop Big Guy now. We've been shown "The Way"_on offense: Treon throwing LONG. C'MON, D!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Need some turnovers. Shit! Breakdown on defense. That just sucks--and prob kills us. CAN'T let that happen, back to play on end-of-half bomb. Just terrible, not kinda thing this D has done all year. Well, unless we got a bombs-away alternative gameplan, this one's already done. My mistake--our quick TD gave me a moment of hope. But no, right the first time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Harris looks like Will Grier out there. THEIR "Harris". (Sorry. I don't find it funny either. "F*ck off, DRU". Yeah.)

miltongator

Gator Fan
Is there an alternative to Treon? He had a golden opportunity and blew it. Of course, the O line isn't helping him out a whole lot. Looks like the whole team is over-matched. Kinda what we expected this year though and we're still bowl eligible.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They're makin' our D look silly. No pass rush, no coverage
I mean, I don't "like" it, of course, but you hit it right on.
Our D is having a worse night than our offense--which is just is clearly choppy, inconsistent and back to wherr it was at against Kentucky--and that was NEVER gonna get it done against THIS team. Well, maybe idea we could carty on withoit WG was always wishful thinking--but who thought it:d be our D that really let us down here. Had they gotten to the half without giving up anyfurther scoring, played em tough there, mighta at least made it interesting... But as it is, well, gonna get a big dose of Fournette now--and idea that MAKING them throw would mean we were in this has fallen apart. Even were we to get close (somehow, with Treon flinging and running and flinging and running all over field, only way THAT could happen, wild longshot at best) I can't see this D OR special teams giving us a win in a close one at the end. Special teams, every aspect: ANOTHER area that needs LOTS of work AND recruiting.
Gonna focus, finish lighting and shooting the handful of night scenes here (nothing real interesting or difficult, just some pick up crowd and tracking shots), maybe get back by 4th. Not expecting any happy surprises when I do. Hope to hell I'm wrong--but this is Quick- AND Slow-death both. Painful. Gonna take a pounding twice: On the field and on the tube. F*ck em all. Mac'll get his guys, get us where we wanna be--and it won't seem like no "fluky surprise", when he does.
(Still gonna be thinking " What coulda been THIS year", tho, had that whole WG fiasco not hit us...oh well: Glimpse of what we can abd will be soon enough, after all. Will have to do. Think we can still get to Atlanta, meet these guys again? Maybe get a diff result? Maybe not, either way...Aw, I'm just down now. That last TD of the 1st half just busted the balloon--for the whole season, at least for me. Facing "reality" here, in all its bleak "I HATE it!" D getting some traction now, but it's a bit late, hate to say--only some big turnovers, full on "Pick SIX" s could turn things now...Won't be around for it, looks like. Hope to rejoin y'all in the 4th qrtr. Regardless, Go Gators. We are down now, but we will always rise again. Not tonight, maybe...though they are trying here--4th and going for it--and make it to 1st and goal at 3. See how huge that TD at endbof half was? We'd be knocking on a tie game now. If they can even get this in here. Aw, Gators. You keep us interested, even on an OFF night.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As you can see, I was typing (badly --lol) here n there since end of 1st half, meant to but didn't send any of it, so there it is all at once. My colleagies here are pretty amused at me getting work done AND trying to follow along with game AND with y'all. Amazingly, almost done all our work here, too. " Crazed multi-tasking" is what my 1st Assistant Director calls it. Says he's "impressed"... Think that really means, " flabbergasted". OK back to work. Go D.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I LOVE being wrong!!! Looked in justvin time to see TD--last look they had to punt. And special teams ties it up. Friggin'amazing. No matter what hapoens grom here, gotta give Mac n Co. props AGAIN: What did he SAY to em at the half??? Meanwhile, Hardin booming the kickoffs now again...think he couls win it with a long fg. Has to be a long one, I guess--REALLY long. Tjey'll be giving it to Leonard now, for sure.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sh*t. Maybe better I don't watch. They do better without me. I'm superstitious that way. Gonna butt out for awhile here. Almost done--but'll sorta take my time, hope to get back for good news late in 4th?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know WHAT to make of this game and our performance to here, tho.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Picked it up. Amazing--that never happens for us. OK, gotta get back, finish up here. Lol. I guess I 've completely baffled the actors, crew, everyonr, somehow getting work done while following, cheering, groaning about AND thumb-texting (LEFT handed!) on phone thru it all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
These Gators have made me proud tonight....no matter how this ends up.
Yeah--looks bad right now, tho...gotta somehow not allow the TD, not this late, if we wanna win this at end of regulation...and we do force the fg. No! Fake! Shoot. Works. We missed it, shoulda known possible, with Miles. Mac knows now. Damn damn damn.
But you're right: took a fake to get the lead in the 4th.No matter what, we did NOT embarrass ourselves tonight, turns out.

miltongator

Gator Fan
2 plays. The TD at the end of the half and the fake FG. I was yelling "watch the fake" but they evidently didn't hear me. Crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema