• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week 10: Homecoming Mission to Clinch the SEC East

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Rise and shine, Gator Nation! It is Florida Gator Heisman Day, 11-7-15. #11 Steve Spurrier, #7 Danny Wuerffel, and #15 Tim Tebow have combined for 3 Heismans, 12 SEC titles, 4 National Championships, 6 All-American honors, and zero losses to the Vanderbilt Commodores. The Gators will likely start off slow due to injuries on the offensive line, but they are facing a Vandy team that lost 3,800 to zero last week after producing 6 inches of offense. The Gators will be wearing orange tops and white bottoms. The Gators are 3-1 when wearing this uniform combination since 2010, 3-0 in the regular season. Florida has a 36-10-2 all-time record against Vanderbilt. Last season, the Gators defeated the Commodores 34-10 in Nashville.

Vandy key players:
  • Ralph Webb (694 yards, none against SEC competition)
  • Nobody else. Seriously. Stop Ralph Webb and win the SEC East.
Florida key players:
  • Kelvin Taylor is on track to beat his father's rushing touchdown tally in a season. On his current pace, he could hit 17 this season, which would be more than Emmitt Smith's 14 in 1989 or Fred Taylor's 13 in 1997. (Note that Tim Tebow had 23 rushing TDs in 2007.)
  • Treon Harris is now in the driver's seat for the March on Atlanta. Treon will need to improve upon his 155-yard performance last week against the Leghumpers. Look for T3 to perform closer to his 271-yard output against LSU.
My prediction: 36-6, Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, can't fault anything in your overview OR the logic leading to your conclusions and.or final score prediction, E-. Fact that you have us with a so seemingly dominant final score is both hopeful and apparently realistic (according to my own analysis and reasoning over on the "Gameday..."-thread, too). 'Course, Vandy IS an "improving team" with a solid defense themselves, so things COULD go "off the rails" some too--but that'd likely just delay how and when we eventially "pull away", and therefore moderate the dominance reflected in the eventual final score, or so it would seem.
Unlike the last few years under Muschamp, one hugely important and reassuringly satisfying feature of this Coach and staff, and thus the team they send out there, is how more and more you get the feeling that THIS TEAM IS READY going into each game. And they DON'T collapse in the face of adversity, when it does face them. THAT makes all the difference in how WE can approach games, in how we can allow ourselves to feel.

Escambia94

Maybe that score is a bit overconfident. Florida has no kicking game to speak of, so it will be hard to get favorable defensive alignments to convert 3rd and 4th downs.

Escambia94

What does everyone think of these helmets that they switched into after warm-ups? I can already see the decals coming off some of the helmets.

Escambia94

By the way, Vanderbilt's running back attended Gainesville High School. Yet another WTF moment for Muschamp and his recruiting prowess.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SHOOT!!! Got burned by the Eastern/Central thing--and my own inattention of course. Still out'n'about and having to LISTEN to game, at least first hslf, looks like. Seemed like we screwed up first drive, but generally seem in control here--but like E says, no kicking game so HAVE to drive on 'em.

Escambia94

Maybe I also underestimated the Vandy defense. Treon Harris might not want to take too many of those hits.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn! He REALLY sucks--missed AGAIN. ALL in his head, at this point. I mean, "wide right" on point-afters??? That is just sad. He is usrless now. Try ANYONE else or go for 2 every time.

Escambia94

SHOOT!!! Got burned by the Eastern/Central thing--and my own inattention of course. Still out'n'about and having to LISTEN to game, at least first hslf, looks like. Seemed like we screwed up first drive, but generally seem in control here--but like E says, no kicking game so HAVE to drive on 'em.

Tell me about it. I have lived in the Pacific time zone for 3 years now, and I am still not used to it!

Escambia94

Damn! He REALLY sucks--missed AGAIN. ALL in his head, at this point. I mean, "wide right" on point-afters??? That is just sad. He is usrless now. Try ANYONE else or go for 2 every time.

Agree. Go for 2 after every TD. No more field goals. Maybe fake a few field goals.

Escambia94

Vandy is mixing in the option offense. Trying to pull a Georgia Southern on the Gators. I guess Vandy forgot that William Larry Muschimp does not work here anymore.

Escambia94

If I am Vandy, I switch to the veer and power-I for the remainder of the first half, then try popping a few screen passes in the second half.

If I am Florida, I practice playing football games without a placekicker.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema