• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Thead: Vanderbilt @ Florida - 11/5

robdog

Gator Fan
Not sure why I am nervous about this game, but it seems like an interesting match-up. Considering Vandy almost won last week, they could come out and cause the same problems for us.

Anyways, WE NEED THIS ONE DAMNIT, lol.

Thoughts?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK...It's the half... I've been in transit and had game on my phone here while driving--NOT quite stupid enough to try texting and driving at same time! (Though HAVE seen people doing it--used to be this song from a band named Mission of Burma that was called, "That's When I Reach For My Revolver"--that's how I feel about THAT...at restaurant en route now).
Anyway, turns out I wasn't the only one with other responsibilities, distractions, concerns, or just hunkered down alone, reserving judgment?
Thought we looked more like we did the early part of the season out there so far today, no?
O-line playing better, Brantley looking a lot closer to "ready to go" (and even Brisset looked good for that TD when HE got in there). Actually had a "ball-control offense" (Gillisley and Demps running downhill--amazing what how much difference even "closer to 100%" makes to the whole TEAM'S play)...Imagine what Muschamp/Weis team will look like once they get THEIR kind of guys in there: bigger, tougher, more self-motivated and self-disciplined--and as time goes on, the depth to rotate waves of guys in there.
Best of all, IMO, "the most penalized team in America" has finally seemed to clean things up here.
1st play of 2nd half--and AGAIN our coverage guy breaks it up--"D" playing well, generally (though started to give up yards on ground late in 2nd qrtr.). Sack!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like Vandy has adjusted to our running game...let's see if Weis adjusts back to it. Crap...3rd and 10.
Holy Sh*t--ANOTHER bad snap!!! 25 yard loss. So much for field position. 4th and forever. THIS is why I have trouble watching this Gator team. Everything well in hand--then we hand the momentum BACK to them.
Just when they were lulling me into forgetting how BAD we really are, DOINK!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Screw it...don't know if anyone else is here at GE ANYWAY right now--either way, though, I WAS gonna hang for a bit here and watch'n'text, but instead I think me & Girlfriend are gonna get back on the road after all. Good luck to us all, Gator friends--obviously we NEED this one (and now they're moving on us, of course--we gave them a chance here).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hate this. I don't know if I can watch a Gator 2nd half collapse. At home. Against Vandy.
I'm outta here.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Good: Brantley is looking good. Demps looks strong! Reed and Burton are producing. Powell and Easley doing their thing.

Bad: turn overs, bad 3rd and long defense, looking slow in the 2nd half, need a deep threat.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just pulled over to watch this last series...I really think we are going to lose this one now. Our "D" is wearing down and looks over-matched now--BY VANDY!!! Just one thing, PLEASE: Can we NOT crucify the coaching staff for this loss???
There'll be PLENTY of that elsewhere, and it just ain't the case--you can SEE what's wrong: we are even outsized and out-muscled by Vanderbuilt now. I absolutely am HATING Meyer and "the other guy" right about now--this might have been an OK, 9-win team when they were at Utah, but not in the SEC!

Escambia94

Okay...getting nervous again. I won't call it a melt down, but it is getting there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think this offense can score another TD, either. Weis HAD to figure they would adjust to our running game in the 2nd half--and we are too small to do anything but open it back up with the PASS--something NONE of our QBs apparently have the skills to accomplish (especially with this stable of less-than-mediocre receivers--this is without a doubt the worst group at WR we have had in 30 years here at UF--no sh*t!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And E-, it IS a "meltdown"--make it official the next time Vandy gets the ball. Our only hope now is a Sturgess FG at the end to nip 'em (they have a habit of fading at the end, too--but we may be EVERYONE'S cure for what ails 'em...that's what bad teams DO).

Escambia94

What happened to Joyer and Gilly? If Demps is not moving the chains, try these guys!

P.S. Our receivers suck.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If/when we lose this one, I may have to go into anti-Gator hibernation for a while (don't know how long--last time it was merely because we lost badly to 'Bama in '09--seems like a distant dream now, and a quaint indulgence, at that: "Aww, only 11-and-1...This was OUR year!"). I try to insulate myself with cynicism, but this one is really gonna hurt, not just the loss itself but for all the "bad dominoes" that will fall as a result.
I warn some of our "newcomers", too--I don't care if you ARE "fellow Gators", you come on here and start rubbing salt in MY wounds and I will FLAME you, big time. I mean it. You've been warned.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What happened to Joyer and Gilly? If Demps is not moving the chains, try these guys!

P.S. Our receivers suck.
Like I said above, man: "the worst group of WRs we've had here in 30 years, no sh*t!". They are wasting space here at UF. Let 'em go after this season and start over--that much of this whole mess is EASY to deal with--hard to rebuild and GET RIGHT, but we know the cure, at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema