• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day #2: Gators host E Car Pirates

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Evil Tim Tebow ‏@eviltimtebow 4m4 minutes ago
Evil Tim Tebow retweeted Jim McElwain

Calm down Coach... You are going to blow out an O-ring

Evil Tim Tebow added,

proxy.jpg

Jim McElwain @JimMcelwainUF
I'm a hot little potato right now https://vine.co/v/eF6Q13wX1ZJ
0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet

Favorite

More

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, give him a pass here--we have given him. MUCHO reason to freak tnite--and last yes coach would a had his head explode by now!
Meanwhile, we continue to refuse to just WIN this game. Let em drive the field, starting with that penalty on OUR TD...And again, wish we had that 10 pts we left out there in the first half now! Still gotta do some playin' if we wanna get outta here with the win. This has been WAY too much like the Gators we been watching for the last 2 or 3 years, right? Lets see if they are "new Gators" who actually finish things, or the old ones who either barely survive or collapse entirely...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta say it: Looks like Mac took a page from the "castrated O" playbook of "Muschamp's Losers" last few years...putting it ALL on a tired D. I think it may be a mistake--but I'm of the "gotta BEAT inferior teams" school.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are gonna end up in overtime, you watch--unless the D comes up w a big play...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I said, we let em catch up,now we're letting em at a chance to tie...Just GOTTA GET THE BALL. But no, it's coming apart for us just like I was afraid of. We are hanging on by our finger nails. Hope Mac learns his lesson here, at least: NEVER GIVE THEM AN OPENING--EXCEPT THEY FUMBLE IT!!! Aw, man, whatta break. They're challenging it, of course, gonna try and call it's pass, but his arm was going back...yep, Gatorball, Gator win--so we get the win AND maybe Mac doesn't make that mistake again.
Gotta say it again: This one was like watchin' a 2012-2014 (pick one, any one) Gator game against a shoulda-been outclassed opponent we managed to keep in the game til the end...I will get really angry, and pull no punches, if a LOT of the crap on display out there today carries into even NEXT week's game.
I will NOT quietly accept another season of sloppy mediocrity. I would honestly rather see our Head Coach SIT every smart ass prima donna showboat in favor of serious, driven-if-inexperienced back-ups, even if it means losing most of the rest of our games--if that's what he thinks and we can see it'll take to get control of this team's destiny--not just who and what we've got right now, but who we'll get, who and what we'll be in seasons ahead. Not so sure what a lot of those cheering drunkards in the Swamp thought they saw out there, let alone how they (or the boosters) could handle the kind of "hard medicine" that MIGHT be necessary, but that's how I truly feel. Note I did say "MIGHT"--not sure it'll need to come to all that, but tonight should warn us what an "up'n'down" season this is gonna be, REMIND us of all the things that were wrong coming in, how much has involved a messed up "mindset" and just wasn't gonna be fully solved in the between-seasons.
So we survived tbis one witb a win--and damn well have a bloody SHITload of work to do yet.
"One game at a time", more than ever. Another chance to "teach", Coach.

Escambia94

A win is a win. 31-24, Gators. MVG: Jarrad Davis. Play of the game: Jarrad Davis tackling his teammate, Alex McCallister.

Will Grier: 10/17, 151 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT, 160.5 RAT
Treon Harris: 5/8, 54 YDS, 0 TD, 0 INT, 119.2 RAT
TOTAL: 15/25, 205 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT, 147.3 RAT

Kelvin Taylor 16 ATT, 55 YDS, 1 TD
Jordan Scarlett 9 ATT, 47 YDS
Treon Harris 3 ATT, 32 YDS
Jordan Scarlett 4 ATT, 24 YDS
Will Grier 3 ATT, 10 YDS

ECU passing 37/58, 346 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT, 127.5 RAT
ECU rushing 22 ATT, -13 YDS

miltongator

Gator Fan
Okay, I gotta remember that we're young and this is going to take some time. I guess that first game just made me think we could actually be pretty good. We just aren't there yet and the schedule gets brutal later on (soon). Time to chill and see how it progresses.

Escambia94

In case you were wondering how close the QB stats are for the season:
Treon Harris 19/27, 269 YDS, 70.4%, 9.96 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT, 178.5 RAT
Will Grier 26/35, 317 YDS, 74.3%, 9.05 YPA, 4 TD, 1 INT, 182.4 RAT

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Okay, I gotta remember that we're young and this is going to take some time. I guess that first game just made me think we could actually be pretty good. We just aren't there yet and the schedule gets brutal later on (soon). Time to chill and see how it progresses.
Agreed--but I stand by my "final comments" above. Way too much of what became "typical Gator bs" during the Muschamp years, especially on offense. Won't matter WHO the qb is if we can't fix the "head case" and "attitude" stuff. Frustrating to see all that even with a strong, definite change in the whole offensive scheme, etc, real positive steps on the sidelines. Yeah, we are "young"--but that's how things are on every team now...The REALLY "good ones" aren't there past their junior years anymore ANYWAY, so "young" is reality more tha ever, no matter what. Gotta win with a few breakout stars and a bunch of "good-but-not-great", at least not yet, young men. "Coaching" and "scheme", more than ever, make the diff, especially on offense. These "kids" HAVE to grow up fast.
Oh, and we STILL need a star qb and a couple more fleet, sure-handed WRs. Til we get both, gotta depend more on our RBs and TEs than we did tonight, probably. Think we'll see both next week against KY.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Agreed--but I stand by my "final comments" above. Way too much of what became "typical Gator bs" during the Muschamp years, especially on offense. Won't matter WHO the qb is if we can't fix the "head case" and "attitude" stuff. Frustrating to see all that even with a strong, definite change in the whole offensive scheme, etc, real positive steps on the sidelines. Yeah, we are "young"--but that's how things are on every team now...The REALLY "good ones" aren't there past their junior years anymore ANYWAY, so "young" is reality more tha ever, no matter what. Gotta win with a few breakout stars and a bunch of "good-but-not-great", at least not yet, young men. "Coaching" and "scheme", more than ever, make the diff, especially on offense. These "kids" HAVE to grow up fast.
Oh, and we STILL need a star qb and a couple more fleet, sure-handed WRs. Til we get both, gotta depend more on our RBs and TEs than we did tonight, probably. Think we'll see both next week against KY.
You have a good read on it IMHO. Hopefully Coach Mac will get them in line....that or sit them down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for hanging in with me tonight, guys. I NEEDED the company--or MY head mighta exploded. I just have NO patience left for us frittering away drives, red zone chances and POINTS.
But yeah, "a win is a win", finally. Just ask the Vols who apparently blew a 17 pt lead they held last time I looked before sweating out the end of OUR game!
Lots to talk (and worry about) starting Monday. No problem for Mac getting, keeping their hopefully humble attention come film and practice then. We just got bitching and nail-biting ahead...They're gonna get reamed and WORKED, ya gotta figure...
(Damn "auto correct" doesn't "correct" ANYTHING on this stupid 'pad...sorry, gotta keep re-correcting things here)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, no doubt about it: Despite my own (and likely Coach Mac's as well) desire to see one of 'em seize the job (and also like Mac, I think Grier fits his eventual scheme better), there was no clear choice between the two out there tonight--in fact, over all, though Grier started out real hot and it seemed to be a possible mistake, at least an error in timing, to switch it up when they did, Treon came on and really came through, finished the job...I mean, I know it was half-joking, but the way Grier started and Harris ENDED the game on offense, it really WAS a bit like an "amalgamation" of the two. Let's face it, if we only had a qb who had BOTH young men's strong points, well, then we'd HAVE "the guy". Then again, playing both cuts the chances we lose either in the first place, meanwhile both get better and if we DO lose one forca while, we nave a strong and experienced "1a" or "1b" in there full time with little adjustment or fall off in any event--we just don't know who's who or which IS "1a or 1b" right now. Hasn't hurt us yet, at least not enough to beat us (though you did see the potential for inherent, self-inflicted problems when the supposed "throw count" or " time sharing scheme" resulted in the otherwise choppy change to new qb AND backs getting messed up on the exchange and turning our at the time growing momentum on its ear, letting them back into it with that fumble in the mid/late 3rd qrtr. Gotta wonder at whether that was something that "wasn't a problem in practice"--another lesson in the real world, Coach, if so.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, no doubt about it: Despite my own (and likely Coach Mac's was well) desire to see one of 'em seize the job (and also like Mac, I think Grier fits his eventual scheme better), there was no clear choice between the two out there tonight--in fact, over all, though Grier started out real hot and it seemed to be a possible mistake, at least an error in timing, to switch it up when they did, Treon came on and really came through, finished the job...I mean, I know it was half-joking, but the way Grier started and Harris ENDED the game on offense, it really WAS a bit like an "amalgamation" of the two. Let's face it, if we only had a qb who had BOTH young men's strong points, well, then we'd HAVE "the guy". Then again, playing both cuts the chances we lose either in the first place, meanwhile both get better and if we DO lose one forca while, we nave a strong and experienced "1a" or "1b" in there full time with little adjustment or fall off in any event--we just don't know who's who or which IS "1a or 1b" right now. Hasn't hurt us yet, at least not enough to beat us (though you did see the potential for inherent, self-inflicted problems when the supposed "throw count" or " time sharing scheme" resulted in the otherwise choppy change to new qb AND backs getting messed up on the exchange and turning our at the time growing momentum on its ear, letting them back into it with that fumble in the mid/late 3rd qrtr. Gotta owner at whether that was something that "wasn't a problem in practice"--another lesson in the real world, Coach, if so.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If the O-line can't block, I said start Harris.
You have a point, no doubt about it...but there are other factors entangled in this whole deal as well, obviously. All in all Coach Mac may well be right to stick with both for a while, try and fabricate a reasonable facsimile of a kind of dream amalgamation of the two,using whatever arcane formula he is using to feel his way towards some ideal combo until one clearly takes the lead...If he could combine them., a la Frankenstein, gotta figure he wouldn't hesitate lol just had a vision of Mac, wild eyed and in b and w, cranking two pallets bearing his two qbs towards the open roof of a castle, lightening crackling overhead...ITS ALIVE!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema