• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day #2: Gators host E Car Pirates

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Good thing I did not lay any money on this game. Even if we win the game, we are nowhere near the 20.5 spread, 50.2 O/U (unless you took the under, obviously).

Escambia94

Now I have to eat crow on Twitter, because I made fun of the Muschamp curse at Auburn.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh. We are now officially in the process of landing this game away. Give it til the end of the 3rd to establish our lead again, finish this mess-- otherwise, sorry, can NOT watch another one of these under achievements.
I don't mind so much us getting beat by better teams, not yet anyway while we're still "rebuilding", but THIS...
I still say this is in our HEADS: We are BETTER than this, better than we're playing AND better than the opponent, but we let em hang around. All those missed points (AND we lost 4 more on the fg he DID hit)...driving the field now, Grier leading them, but almost throws pick in end zone! We just suck in the red zone! I don't wanna see him even TRY another fg!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Finally. Yeah, throw it to Robinson. Good idea-- and do it on 4th down inside the 20, too, at least til you bring in a reliable kicker...Hardin seems to have the kickoffs and LONG kicks down pretty good, but God help us if game's ever riding on a "chip shot"--He will miss it. Think we could use those 6 points he gave away right bout now? We'd have this thing in hsnd, really, way D is mostly playing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There it is: The defensive TD I called. Bout time. But we still get another 15 harder on the kick off. ZERO discipline, for much of time. Hate that part of our "game"--hoped maybe it was much-improved after game1, but no. We still have a bunch of air-headed cowboys on this team--and we won't win consistently til that changes, even with the talent level going up...hell, we got a good bit of talent NOW, but our MISTAKES have us in a game we should a put away in the first half.
Let's face it right now: We'll be lucky to get outta this one with a win, and we're gonna get SLAUGHTERED by a coupla of the "Elite" teams when we hit SEC play...hell, we could still lose THIS one! And don't think for a minute KY doesn't watch the film here and think, "We can beat these guys this time!"...

Escambia94

Kentucky is actually looking better than Tennessee, and Ole Miss is downright scary!

Escambia94

@AFCyberGator
Where can we get one of those kickers? You know, the kind that kicks the ball between the posts? #ECUvsUF

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet

Favorite

View Tweet activity
More

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is ANOTHER eg of what I keep saying bout 2 qbs: Not Treon's fault, necessarily, but new qb, new young back= fumblitus.
Meanwhile, also "again": Think we might end up getting shafted for lack of a kicker who can handle the "easy ones"? No excuses for that shit. GOTTA go and get a decent kicker for "everything inside the 30", to go with the (future) "qb who gets it DONE" (and I'm afraid that's NEITHER of these 2 young men we have now...maybe if they were ONE guy with the combined skills of both, but as it is, I think you go with Grier, put Treon in only if/when Grier gets hurt or stinks it up...Not that Treon's worse, fact is he prob has more upside, just not as consistent driving this team, from what I see...but bottom line is, go with one of em--neither gonna win awards, either can get it done with right cast and play-calling. Having both in our league a real potential season-saver...but they ain't gonna carry us, either one. Plan, scheme and play-calling are gonna be everything with this season's Gator offense.
Short by a yard-- go for it!

Escambia94

Up until that Grier interception and his successive bad passes, I was willing to anoint him the next starter. Now I am thinking it is Harris' job.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oof. ANOTHER flag, driving us back. We are back to being the ol' "shoot ourselves in the foot REPEATEDLY" Gators...Please, Coach, get this fixed over the course of this season. It is definitely in our heads?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That'll finally just about do it for this one--though wouldn't surprise me if we scored once more on theze guys, make it LOOK "respectable"...and even Taylor loses his cool, shows that lack of discipline after the score. C'mon, boyo--you KNOW better! Why give them ANYTHING at this point? Not as if you guys have really dominated--or that they have done anything but take what Y'ALL have given them.
Tellin'ya, I am sick of the dumbass show-boating and after-play behavior-based penalties. Let's leave that to the Miamis and FSUs of the world we live in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema