• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day #2: Gators host E Car Pirates

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice! But fumble? Whistle blew, we getblucky there. Had one comin', I figure...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Touchdown! OK, starting to come alive here-- and whole way this happened kinda deflates them, even after taking that 1st TD off the board. Now, if the D can score one, or at least get a take-away here, we can begin to get this one properly back under control.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Btw, after seeing how some of the "big teams" in the SEC managed to stink things up today, culminating a moment ago with Arkansas LOSING to Toledo, well, ya gotta worry bout this one's start. We are STILL not outta the woods after a quarter. Not gonna even BEGIN to relax unless/until we stick at least a couple more unanswered TDs up there, know what I mean? Not at ALL sure we're that team yet--but if it turns out we are, I'll maybe start to feel this IS a whole different Gator era. That's why I'm so hair-trigger keyed up, I suppose. Damn, couldn't stopped em on that 3rd down. Nother set.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, good defensive series. Thought Harris comes in now--but Mac's got Grier coming back in--he DOES have bit of a hot hand...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn--yard short on that 3rd down pass...gotta punt. We WILl see Harris next time, mark my words: not his fault, really--unless those were all audibles! But Harris gets his turn now. Now, bout that "defensive TD" I predicted, now would be a good time, boys...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Timing's off, tho'-- that's the play TROUBLE with changing QBs mid-game...here comes a BIG 3rd down...and he shoulda thrown it away. And Hrdin muffs the sharpnangle kick. That was a bust all around. Treon might not getvanother chance thiscquarter after that series. Not his fault, really, but team looked totally back outta sync again. I dunno--This is sorta thing I always hate about the whole 2-qb thing. 'Course, that doesn't have NUTHIN to do with thunderfoot coming in and absolutely missing on the relatively short fg...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have left at LEAST 7 PTS on the field so far. We better get this one reasserted.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D doing its part now. Like to serve run back, sooner or later. Aw hell--we GIVE them a first down on the ruffing call on the punt--We are reverting to bad habits.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Should a intercepted that one...and now Gator ball on big hit/fumble. Are we gonna get this taken away? Came out late, but "ruling on field" should prevail--not that THAT means a whole lot here...this HASN'T been a Gator day so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So we just lost a BUNCHA time and yards. This is a team we SHOULD be handling, obviously we are better than THIS, anyway. My "logical 35-17" outcome begins to look "satisfactory" indeed--but I still say that 42-7 outcome was real doable--even WITHOUT Vernon H (tho that clearly thru us off on D early). Gotta march the field, go in with the 10 pt lead at LEAST.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Right there, that throw: THAT'S why Wil Grier will eventually be named the starter: Treon had all the time, but threw a bloopy waffle, practically a helium balloon towards an open guy heading to the end zone...
Just a terrible series down deep...now ANOTHER "settle for 3" try, and he misses again!
This just sucks. The kid is back to missing short fgs and extra points. This has looked a whole lot like LAST year's Gators, screwing themselves as much as anything. And Grier may be "winning" the job by default. ZERO continuity with Train. And he throws, well, inconsistently, to say the least, at least this week...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ouch...Why do I feel like we're both lucky AND snakebit here?
We have let them hang around--even while our D did EVERYTHING to take this one over after letting them drive that first one.
Sorry, but the offense looks like a Muschamp-era game...Think Mac just sends Grier in with a word in his ear?: "You want this job? Go and TAKE it!" EVERYTHING on the line in this 2nd half. Mac really is unhappy with the mistakes, lack of consistency and/or discipline. Not a freakout case like our former, thankfully--but he WILL "react", make changes. You wanna play? Get your head outta your ass!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I thought they wouldn't be tested until Ole Miss who got 70 plus points again (based on the first week). Now they're struggling against the Pirates and UT is beating OU.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With Hardin faltering again, guess you just can't f around-- you gotta go after TDs sooner rather than later here--and with Grier in there against THIS defense I think we can and should.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I thought they wouldn't be tested until Ole Miss who got 70 plus points again (based on the first week). Now they're struggling against the Pirates and UT is beating OU.
You're dead right--though I admit I WAS trying my best not to look ahead that far...Hell, I figured we MIGHT at least begin to rebuild our confidence and identity on offense the first 3 weeks...but now (thanks to lots of screw ups and a kicker who has NO consistency at all) we're in a 2nd half fight with a team that believes they're our equal--and shouldn't have thatvidea this late in the game, not with our talent differential. I give them all the credit for heart and coaching--but our kids are farting around, LETTING them hang around.
Well, this will be a 2nd half that points to where we're headed anytime soon: Are we really in a "new era", or will Coach Mac and co. have to get a couple years of recruiting and wholesale changes in the locker room to change the culture, and therefore production-on-the-field?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema