• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day #2: Gators host E Car Pirates

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, OK, I admit to a weird kind of "double image" for this one. I feel pretty good about us winning--but I still have no real "feel" for HOW well we'll perform overall.
First, let's be glad THIS season we actually HAD a true "opening home tune-up", let alone that we already seemed to begin to get fully untracked and working towards hitting our stride in every area that needed/needs to be addressed. We KNOW how things can be totally thrown off by losing that 1st week to weather--as LSU and a few others are learning/ABOUT to learn...and it lasts more than a game, too. Who ever thought a lightning strike "8 miles from the stadium" would affect the first third or so of a team's season?
Well, not our prob this year. This game itself, matter of fact, strikes me as a kind of microcosm of everything going on with and for us the first month or so: Lotta things to settle and work on--and only time, reps, action and good fortune (as in avoiding serious injuries this year) will determine how it turns out. All in all, I "EXPECT" us to win this in front of another raucous crowd at home, but how strongly? I KNOW we can't, shouldn't expect another out'n'out "avalanche of scoring" from our offense in this one, not like last week, anyway...Probably should be more than content if we can manage bout 35: Yeah, reason tells me that about a 35-17 win should more than satisfy all of us.
'Course, "reason" aside, would like to see our D really begin to tighten up and our O continue it's "fun time".
(Btw, I've mentioned this elsewhere, but now that he/it's gone, the contrast of team-looseness, how we're clearly having FUN out there, no longer worried constantly bout The Glare from the sidelines, what it meant, and how absolutely TIGHT the whole team felt, acted and therefore PLAYED because of it, well, now that it's gone, replaced by its effective opposite on the sidelines and in the locker room...Hey, no getting around it: You don't GET your best results outta college kids that way. Don't "GET" as many of the best of 'em in the first place, either, now that we consider it, look back and over all the actual results on AND off the field...I'll even now go so far as to say it is limiting our now former-coach's otherwise doubtless talents as an ASSISTANT coach with the D on his new team. They'll get that straightened out, tho', I'm sure...one way or another, he will have it "impressed upon him" that he's JUST "an assistant" now, despite his high pay...Frankly, the longer that DOESN'T happen the happier/more amused and content I'LL be--but enough of all THAT "petty sour grapes" on the subject from me--It'll only matter if it somehow helps US beat them, come the time).
So, back to THIS one:
I already picked what I think is a not TOO "optimistic LOGICAL outcome"-- but here's how the rabid-Gator-inside-of-me would pick it, if I let him outta his cage here for a sec:
42-10...QB q's still not "settled" (unless you consider a season-long "2-headed monster" situation any kind of "settling"), O-line still thin but getting it done, Taylor running for 150+ yds, and scoring from D and special teams this time out. See? This is why I don't usually let him mix with the public: He just isn't LOGICAL (but, from time to time, he IS "right"--and it's BEAUTIFUL!
GO GATORS! Eat 'em UP!

miltongator

Gator Fan
"if I let him outta his cage here for a sec:
42-10...QB q's still not "settled" (unless you consider a season-long "2-headed monster" situation any kind of "settling"), O-line still thin but getting it done, Taylor running for 150+ yds, and scoring from D and special teams this time out. See? This is why I don't usually let him mix with the public: He just isn't LOGICAL (but, from time to time, he IS "right"--and it's BEAUTIFUL!
GO GATORS! Eat 'em UP!" .... Just like a blind squirrel or a broken clock. I believe mine says 5PM....and you know what that means.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My prediction: 42-14, Gators. One of the QBs will have to create separation, because the Pirates have a decent run defense. The Florida No Fly Zone will need to look alive today, especially at nickel and linebacker. ECU is going to gain a lot of yards on Florida just by picking on the linebackers.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Gators going with all orange jerseys. The last time the Florida Gators wore all orange was November 18, 1989 in a 38-28 victory over Kentucky.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, hell--so much for "staying healthy": Vernon Hargreaves "hurt in practice earlier this week"...won't play this week. We SHOULDN'T need him to win, but that may be 14 points over the coursr of a whole game, right there. Pirates moving ball already, got 1st down right over Vernon's spot--and now a missed tackle by his replacement. This could REALLY suck, missing best corner in college football? Shit, boys, all bets may be off--we can't seem to defend the pass at ALL here so far!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep--he whiffs on fade route to give up long TD. Oh oh. Looks like I may be bout to wakeup to "dose of reality". Didn't figure on losin' our best player on either side of ball right up top, tho'...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I HATE the orange jerseys, btw. Always have, ever since Charlie Pell showed up from Clemsen in 1979 and put us in 'em the whole 0-10-and 1 year.
Bad mojo on 'em ever since--beating KY doesn't count.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Either we wake up very soon, or I am gone. I am not in the mood to watch a Gator collapse in the Swamp. We are dozing going BOTH ways.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Call me a "deserter", but this has all the earmarks right now of a full on, stink-it-up-at-home fiasco. SOMEone has to step up, turn this shit around pronto...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, they finally stopped them. Now let's see if we can get a 1st down on offense--and GREAT: Now our other first-rate defender is hurt. Like I said, this one's starting to look more like a chapter from the last few yrs of "snake bit and fumblin' bumblin' Gator non-performances". Hope they just shut me up now, but if not, may have to shut MYSELF up, for my own and everyone's sake. False start. We are just OFF.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great catch by Powell...and interference on Showers at TD line. OK, THIS is what Will G HAS to do.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oof. Not a great call on 1st and goal. Thought he'd FAKE and throw...now they're in a bind on 3rd and goal after the incomplete...and they convert for the TD--but flag on play...offensive pass interference??? Aw MAn, that's a killer.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a mess. Almost gave it away, too. This is shaping up badly all around, obviously. That flag was on a play having NOTHING to do with the play, too. We give away 4 pts, basically--and end up giving them MORE hope after a long, smooth drive. Look out, my friends...unless this D can do some things minus their leader(s), we are in trouble here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's get it back and strike quick--only way we start to right things here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. Let's get it back and star wearing them down. Only way to restore order here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. Let's get it back and star wearing them down. Only way to restore order here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema