• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Furman prediction time

News Bot

News Bot
Out of respect for the opponent, coaches facing an out-manned team usually will not reveal their plan to play multiple backups. This is where Will Muschamp is at heading into Saturday’s game against Furman. He’s been talking about trying to play better and win the game. He’s not talking about getting his young players playing time.
But it’s going to happen. Despite all the Gators’ problems with consistency on both sides of the ball, UF will have a huge physical edge over the Paladins on Saturday in The Swamp. The Furman offense is capable of challenging the UF defense some with its passing game, but other than that, the Gators should be able to do pretty much what they want to do in this game.
I’m not telling Muschamp how to coach, but if I’m in his position, I’d give John Brantley this week off and give his banged-up ankle time to rest and get close to 100 percent for the Florida State game. Jacoby Brissett has played enough to know the offense fairly well at this stage, and the Gators need to start getting him and Jeff Driskel ready for next season. My thought is the Gators should have no problem winning this game no matter who starts at QB. Let Brantley rest, let the freshmen play, and get ready to throw everything you’ve got at the Seminoles next week in a game that could salvage part of this season.
Let’s be realistic. The Gators face tougher competition in practice every day than they will in The Swamp on Saturday. No disrespect for Furman, but this is a team that was blown out by Georgia Southern 50-20 earlier this season.
I say play a bunch of the young players early and see how they respond. If they mess up, put some of the veterans back in until the game is under control.
Prediction: Florida 42, Furman 10.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
God knows we NEED a big score just to "clear out the pipes", so to speak--and I expect JB IV to be in there if he's at ALL mobile, at least through the 1st qrtr or so to hopefully run up a few scores early --THEN get him out-of-there, give the 2 freshman QBs each in for some series to get a good look at 'em, give each a chance to put their claim in to that "leader-going-into-the-spring" role. The rest of the offense needs "a day in the sun" as well, and, as the game proceeds in that direction (assuming it does--something that will be more likely as long as this team goes out and TAKES control, rather than expect it to be handed to them; we can only HOPE that experience and humility has taught them what happens otherwise!), both the seniors AND underclassmen we haven't seen as much of may well get their chances too.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Wow. I cannot believe that I missed this thread before the game. Boy, were we wrong.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(As I smirk in cynical embarrassment...) Well, who would have expected THAT 1st quarter (and in those immortal words we heard so much that day, "Against FURMAN?!!")? Then again, given everything ELSE we've seen and encountered this season, in retrospect...No, I still can't quite get my mind around it. I guess your last 4 words say it ALL:
Wow. I cannot believe that I missed this thread before the game. Boy, were we wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema