• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

free throws saved us

Swampman

VIP Member
The reason we won last night is because we were on the foul line all night. We went to the line 34 times and hit 23 of them. That's a 67% free throw percentage. Not very good at all, but when you're going to the line 35 times a night I guess it doesn't matter.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
We were definitely doing a good job of getting to the line last night. You're right though about the 67% not being very strong. I believe they said last night that is approximately what we are shooting from the line on the season as well. We definitely need to improve there as that will make or break you in the big games and especially in the tourney.

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
I did not watch the game, but I guess the 67% depends on who was at the line all night. If it was Green and Brewer, then we have a problem. If it was Horford or other big men, then you have to expect the percentage to be a bit lower.

But 67% as a team isn't good either. I expect we need to be around 75%.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
green missed his fair share down the stretch, had a chance their at the end to make it a two score game and bricked one from the charity stripe. the gatros have a major problem here and its not the percentage (atleast I dont believe) but the fact that last weekend lee humphrey took only his 10th free throw attempt of the year, Im not sure if he got there last night or not but hello!? why is your most dangerous shooter on the court only hit the stripe 10 times?!! sounds to me like he might need to be incorporated into the offense a little more, kinda seems like to me they havent utilized him as much as they did last year but thats just me. seemed to me i was always hearing lee for 3 or a long 2 something, i think i heard that like 2 times last night and another time i heard his name was him hittin the lane. I dunno, seems to me like hes kinda become just a bait.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I think the reason Humphrey has only taken 10 free throw shots all season is because he doesn't drive to the hoop. All our other players drive the ball. Lee kind of hangs around the perimeter looking for the open shot.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema