• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Former Florida Head Coach Urban Meyer Will Retire (AGAIN) at Ohio State

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Urban Meyer will retire again. Enough said. Where have we seen this before?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think doubtful mostly because of recruiting. Would you have him back knowing that he protected an abusive assistant coach? Granted I don't know how big a role the whole university played in that, not a good look for the university period. Plus they should have fired instead of giving him a suspended. Also, after the job Ryan Day did I think they will move on and team-wise they're in a better shape than the Gators were when Meyer decided to leave for good depending on how good a coach Day is. As for him coming back to coaching, I think it is possible. Remember Bill Synder came back to Kansas State after his first successor sucked and probably come happened if Day has a bad 2-3 year tenure at OSU. If the OSU option is closed which it should be, I'm sure after 2-3 years (maybe sooner because of his history) he might get the coaching bug again and I'm sure he'll be consider for a position especially from the top programs that would be willing to throwing big money in his direction. Also, considering how old is his son? His daughters were in college when he left Florida. If his son goes to college, then the only person that can stop is his wife. For now, good riddance.

Escambia94

The way I see it, the Ohio State University is asking this punk to retire, since he did not get the team into the CFP.

Escambia94

I did some research. Urban Meyer has been crushing Will Muschamp and Jim McDeathThreats on the recruiting trail for quite some time.

Ten players on Ohio State’s 2018 roster hail from Florida, and that number was 11 before the transfer of Fort Lauderdale native Trevon Grimes to Florida last spring. Of those 10, 8 were blue-chip prospects (keep in mind that Muschamp and McDeathThreats averaged 10 blue chips). Of the blue-chip prospects, 7 came from St. Thomas Aquinas, Seffner Armwood, Trinity Christian and William T. Dwyer. All four of those programs had been pipeline (three or more players on roster) schools for the Gators under Steve Spurrier, Ron Zook and Urban Meyer.

McDeathThreats lost head-to-head battles with Meyer over Johnnie Dixon, Shaun Wade, Nicholas Petit-Frere, and Sevyn Banks (whose own brother, Marcell Harris, was a captain at Florida).

The are the schools that Florida needs to take back, since they are the ones sending blue chip players to Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, Clemson, Michigan, and others that Florida competes against on the recruiting trail.

# School Ovr. Str. +/-
1 IMG Academy (Bradenton) 7-1 49.0 --
2 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale) 13-1 35.0 --
3 Columbus (Miami) 13-1 35.5 +4
4 Carol City (Miami) 11-1 42.5 --
5 Central (Miami) 10-3 48.7 --
6 Lakeland 14-0 27.6 +6
7 Venice 12-2 38.1 -4
8 Armwood (Seffner) 13-1 31.0 +5
9 Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale) 12-2 39.3 -1
10 Mandarin (Jacksonville) 10-4 42.9 +1
11 Northwestern (Miami) 9-5 47.4 +8
12 Wekiva (Apopka) 11-2 37.0 +2
13 Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville) 13-1 32.7 -7
14 Deerfield Beach 12-2 38.3 -4
15 Raines (Jacksonville) 12-1 27.0 +3
16 Columbia (Lake City) 10-2 39.3 -1
17 American Heritage (Plantation) 9-3 42.7 +3
18 Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood) 11-2 29.1 +7
19 Vanguard (Ocala) 12-1 32.8 +4
20 Crestview 10-3 29.3 -3

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think doubtful mostly because of recruiting. Would you have him back knowing that he protected an abusive assistant coach? Granted I don't know how big a role the whole university played in that, not a good look for the university period. Plus they should have fired instead of giving him a suspended. Also, after the job Ryan Day did I think they will move on and team-wise they're in a better shape than the Gators were when Meyer decided to leave for good depending on how good a coach Day is. As for him coming back to coaching, I think it is possible. Remember Bill Synder came back to Kansas State after his first successor sucked and probably come happened if Day has a bad 2-3 year tenure at OSU. If the OSU option is closed which it should be, I'm sure after 2-3 years (maybe sooner because of his history) he might get the coaching bug again and I'm sure he'll be consider for a position especially from the top programs that would be willing to throwing big money in his direction. Also, considering how old is his son? His daughters were in college when he left Florida. If his son goes to college, then the only person that can stop is his wife. For now, good riddance.
Considering all the obfuscation, backtracking and bald-faced LYING along the way (by EVERYONE involved), not to mention things like "body language" whenever any of them are or have been on camera, alone or together throughout the whole season, I have to believe THIS OSU administrative cabal wants AS LITTLE FURTHER MORE AS POSSIBLE TO DO WITH Urban Meyer beyond the "proper mouthings" during this "denouement " period.
"Good riddance" is right--from THEIR POV as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema