• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida will reportedly hire Michigan’s Doug Nussmeier as OC

News Bot

News Bot
After a one-year sabbatical, it appears Doug Nussmeier is headed back to the SEC. According to both Thayer Evans of SI.com and FOXSports.com’s Bruce Feldman, Nussmeier is expected to become the new offensive coordinator at Florida. An official announcement from the school could come as early as Tuesday evening. The development comes a week after…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, this is EXACTLY what I have been hinting at (and crossing my fingers would indeed come to pass), an eg. of "McElwain's Crew" of loyal and like-minded, "up'n'coming future leaders" in college coaching (this one was 'Bama's OC in '12 and '13--when they were KILLING people...still pretty good over there in Tuscaloosa, but less "flood of points" from the Tide of late, since they lost...Oh yeah, we got THAT guy) who will, in many cases and to various degrees, have to extricate themselves from their respective "situations" in order to join him here--may even take a season or two to get 'em all together, for that and related reasons.
Point is, this process will be more reminiscent (in pace and ultimate quality-of-results, at least) of Meyer's arrival, than Muschamp's more impulsive/roll-the-dice version (as in, "I'll just switch life/career-plans entirely , trust my defensive mastery, all UF's history, power, prestige and most of all its fertile recruiting grounds--and hire someone 'everyone' agrees is famous and brilliant on offense--and everything will turn out fine...")...Hope EVERYONE involved has learned that "wanting it really bad" just isn't enough. Thought we'd learned it after Zook, but no...
Anyway, I'm hoping we're now looking at what amounts to just (albeit important) early moves in a more considered, strategically planned and carried out series of steps in a detailed, flexibly-timed path towards clear short, medium and long-range goals.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema