• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida vs. Miami (OH) Game Preview

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Florida Football is just 1 day away! Can you believe it? By noon tomorrow the Florida Gators, led by new quarterback John Brantley, will take the field at home vs. the Miami of Ohio Redhawks. Florida is a heavy favorite to win the game - Vegas has them at -36.5 for those of you into betting on games. The Gators went through a lot since the last game -- we had a semi Urban retirement, we lost a dozen players to the NFL Draft, and had a couple of arrests -- but it all starts fresh tomorrow afternoon. A new era of Gator football is here. Are you ready?

Tomorrow's game vs. Miami Ohio is on at 12:00 pm EST and will be aired on ESPN. You know they weren't going to miss the first start of Johnny Brantley. Let's face it, he's been all the rage in Gainesville this offseason. Nothing but extremely high praise has come out about Brantley... we'll find out tomorrow if he can live up to all the hype. Florida looks
to extend its SEC-best opening-day winning streak, which stands at 20 heading into the 2010 opener.

I'm expecting a massacre on the field put on by the Florida offense. In 2008, they dropped 50+ on Hawaii and in 2009 they put up 63 vs. Charleston Southern. This year should be no different. I want to see the Gators come out firing ... showing the world what they can do. Brantley won't run the ball like Tebow did, but he'll sling it around the field like we haven't seen since the Spurrier days. I only expect Brantley to play 2 quarters (maybe a little into the 3rd) but that should still be enough time to throw 4-5 touchdowns. The Redhawks should also get a heavy dose of Moody, Demps and Rainey.

The Gator defense, especially on the line, has a lot of new faces. Guys like Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins and A.J. Jones will be expected to start strong and stuff the Miami offense. I won't be upset if they give up a score or two, but they need to show something. We need to see a sign of a pass rush.

Are you going to the game tomorrow? What are you most excited about? What do you think the score will be? Post a comment and let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema