• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida picked for 2nd place in the SEC and placed 2 on the All SEC team.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Two Florida Gators were selected by the media this week to represent the school on the Southeastern Conference’s preseason All-SEC teams.
In men’s basketball, seniors point guard Scottie Wilbekin and center Patric Young were both named to the Second Team All-SEC; the Gators did not have a representative voted onto the first team.

Florida (five first-place votes) was also picked to finish second in the entire league to Kentucky (21). Tennessee (1) was the only other team to receive a first-place vote

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Maybe the basketball season will fare better than our football season. Go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
First point: A friend from Fla. (a wayward soul who, at his parents' insistence, went to Notre Dame after highschool) called earlier today when he saw the new preseason College Basketball rankings and announced right off, "Well, bra, your school is ranked #10 to start the season." Now, bad as things have turned, this IS still FOOTBALL season in the REAL world (ie. the SEC), so it should come as no surprise that the most "even-tempered" response I could manage was, "Dude, my school was ranked #10 in FOOTBALL to start the season too--so that oughtta tell ya how much all THAT is worth..."
I won't get into the whole "we're a football school first" discussion here now--it's self-evident in ANY case, and for most of us there'll be at best "cold comfort" in our success over at "The CON-Dome" in any football-year like THIS one--but I have to say to ALL such discussion: I am SO disappointed by what has transpired for our team this season, am SO frustrated at not just the fact of our downward slide and program-wide deterioration, but the hows and whys of it's coming, AND the continued refusal/failure to do what could be done to at least begin to TRY to turn it around, that I just CAN'T get into mind-numbing sidetrack discussions about "other Gator-related stuff".
Not that being unendingly stuck in this kind of bummed-out disgust and negativity is likely any improvement--for me or anyone else who stumbles onto it here. But so WHAT? 'Ts'all I got at the moment, and no one's MAKIN' anyone read it, right? (Yeah, I'm bitter, bummed AND probably AM goin' nuts by now--and here's the evidence. F*ck it. It 's that kind of season.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema