• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida loses two linebackers for final two games

News Bot

News Bot
There is plenty to talk about regarding the future of the Florida Gators football program. A day after announcing it will part ways with head coach Will Muschamp and with betting odds already being placed on the next head coach in Gainesville, it can be easy to overlook the fact Florida is still looking to…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Back to monitoring everything that can affect our ability to win--It IS a relief not to have any back-of-the-mind concerns about "if we win, does that mean...?"--but it also means I'm back to feeling the pain and worry of such losses and setbacks full force once more. As far as injuries are concernecd, my main concern is still whether they're likely to be back at full health and speed by spring, summer at the latest.
Frankly, though, I'm still a little torn regarding post-season play: I am fine, even supportive of our seniors especially getting a chance at a positive send-off, but I am ambivalent about seeing us in some "Nobody's Also-Ran Bowl". Something in excess of half the "playoff division eligible" college football teams will play in SOME bowl game this post-season; If it's one of those "off-nights during school holidays" affairs, it's a pretty large come down, after all. Kinda rubs our noses in our decline, not something I'll be particularly proud of --and CERTAINLY not an "achievement" I can really celebrate.
I don't like Notre Dame, but I did understand and grudgingly gave 'em credit for a few years back when they passed on an invitation to one of these many minor sponsored-by-the-guys-in-loud-blazers games. As I recall, the staff (on grounds that this was NOT a season that matched the standards they generally set for themselves) put the matter to the players for a vote--who thereupon voted not to accept the invitation. I see it as more than just "not accepting mediocrity in themselves in what just finished", but a statement on their determination to do better, much better NEXT season. Didn't feel proud of the overall result, and REALLY didn't want to celebrate it or let it become an acceptable standard--and now everyone knew it. Had a certain pride and dignity.
Others feel you do it for the seniors and the fans, as I say. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema