• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Handles Vandy 27-3

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The No. 1 Florida Gators won their 19th consecutive game on Saturday, giving them the longest active winning streak in the country. The game started out slow, with only 3 points being scored in the first quarter, but when the final second ticked off the clock the Florida Gators notched themselves a nice 27-3 SEC victory over the Vanderbilt Commodores. It's clear now to Florida fans that this team is built to win, not necessarily dazzle us with spectacular plays and high scoring games.

Urban Meyer had a response to some members of the media and "experts" that think Florida is just getting by... that maybe the Gators aren't as good as everyone says.

"Have you ever gone 19-0?" Meyer said. "It's not ho-hum, I can assure you that. If it's ho-hum for someone, you've got to really reflect to say, 'Where am I headed in this life right now?' If 19-0 in the Southeastern Conference at the University of Florida is ho-hum, then you've got one exciting life, man, you've got a lot of good stuff going for you.

"I don't ever want to take anything away from what those cats have done. Two out of three times we're going to go play in Atlanta for the SEC championship in the best conference in college football. There's absolutely nothing ho-hum about what this team is doing."

In just over three quarters of play, quarterback Tim Tebow was very efficient. He was 15/20 for 208 yards and 1 touchdown. He also had 27 yards rushing and a touchdown. Brantley came in at the end of the game to close things off: he went 3/3 for 19 yards.

Jeff Demps showed the world his blazing speed on a 25 yard touchdown run. Demps had 7 carries total for 57 yards. I don't think he took it lightly when the announcers said he was the "second fastest" guy in the SEC (losing out to Holiday of LSU). I'll match Demps up with anyone, any time, anywhere.

Aaron Hernandez was once again the leading receiver. He had 7 catches for 120 yards. This is the fifth straight game now that Hernandez hasn't found the end zone, but it is the first time he's gone over 100+ yards in a game this year. David Nelson caught Tim's lone touchdown pass of the day.

The Gator defense stepped up big. They held Vanderbilt to only 3 points, even without Spikes. One defensive stat that sticks out though is 0 sacks by the Gators. This might have been the first time they've gone all year without a sack. Tebow, on the other hand, was sacked 4 times. The offensive line is just doing a terrible job of protecting him. And the receivers can't get open, so he's holding onto the ball too long.

All-in-all, it was a great win by the Gators. They move to 9-0 and are still the No. 1 team in the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema