• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators Are #3 in the Nation...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
...in injuries and suspensions. Only USCw and UNC have more injuries and suspensions with 23 and 21. UF has 20. UNC has 13 out for the entire season, and Florida is right behind with 12. Florida does lead the nation in disclosed suspensions. Some schools do not report suspensions, so it is hard to tell, but my gut tells me Florida is #1 in suspensions.

10/12/17 DL Jabari Zuniga Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/12/17 WR Tyrie Cleveland Ankle is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/12/17 RB Mark Thompson Heel "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/11/17 UT Kadarius Toney Shoulder is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/09/17 DB Chauncey Gardner Jr. Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/09/17 DB Nick Washington Shoulder is downgraded to expected to miss Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 OL Brett Heggie Concussion left last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 DB Garrett Stephens Knee left last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 DT Kyree Campbell Knee "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 LB Jeremiah Moon Ankle injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/03/17 WR Antonio Callaway Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Richard Desir-Jones Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 WR Rick Wells Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 LB Ventrell Miller Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 RB Jordan Scarlett Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Jordan Smith Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 OL Kadeem Telfort Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Keivonnis Davis Suspension out indefinitely
09/30/17 QB Luke Del Rio Shoulder out for season
09/07/17 WR James Robinson Heart out indefinitely
09/07/17 QB Kyle Trask Foot out indefinitely
08/25/17 DB Marcell Harris Achilles out for season

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...in injuries and suspensions. Only USCw and UNC have more injuries and suspensions with 23 and 21. UF has 20. UNC has 13 out for the entire season, and Florida is right behind with 12. Florida does lead the nation in disclosed suspensions. Some schools do not report suspensions, so it is hard to tell, but my gut tells me Florida is #1 in suspensions.

10/12/17 DL Jabari Zuniga Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/12/17 WR Tyrie Cleveland Ankle is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/12/17 RB Mark Thompson Heel "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/11/17 UT Kadarius Toney Shoulder is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/09/17 DB Chauncey Gardner Jr. Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/09/17 DB Nick Washington Shoulder is downgraded to expected to miss Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 OL Brett Heggie Concussion left last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 DB Garrett Stephens Knee left last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 DT Kyree Campbell Knee "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/08/17 LB Jeremiah Moon Ankle injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Texas A&M
10/03/17 WR Antonio Callaway Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Richard Desir-Jones Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 WR Rick Wells Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 LB Ventrell Miller Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 RB Jordan Scarlett Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Jordan Smith Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 OL Kadeem Telfort Suspension out indefinitely
10/01/17 DL Keivonnis Davis Suspension out indefinitely
09/30/17 QB Luke Del Rio Shoulder out for season
09/07/17 WR James Robinson Heart out indefinitely
09/07/17 QB Kyle Trask Foot out indefinitely
08/25/17 DB Marcell Harris Achilles out for season
YIKES! Thanks for the facts...but omg that is (while not surprising) sure depressing.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
YIKES! Thanks for the facts...but omg that is (while not surprising) sure depressing.

I am not sure what we should do with these facts. If I say "Coach is doing pretty well considering nearly 25% of his scholarship roster is missing", it sounds too much like that awful 2013 season. History is repeating itself, so it seems. Even the contract value to this point of where the fans want to fire the coach is about the same at ~$6.5M. The parallels do not end there. At this point in the 2013 season, the Gators had just fallen out of the top 25 after losing to Miami early in the season and LSU the week before. Florida was then trounced by a new member of the SEC, Missouri, which accelerated an 8-game slide. The Mighty Gators are in a slide right now, with the only hope being that Feleipe Franks will click with a new receiver, the running game will get going, and the defense will clean up its fundamentals and win the two winnable games in 2017 against Missouri and AUB plus one of the 50/50 games against Texas A&M or South Carolina.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am not sure what we should do with these facts. If I say "Coach is doing pretty well considering nearly 25% of his scholarship roster is missing", it sounds too much like that awful 2013 season. History is repeating itself, so it seems. Even the contract value to this point of where the fans want to fire the coach is about the same at ~$6.5M. The parallels do not end there. At this point in the 2013 season, the Gators had just fallen out of the top 25 after losing to Miami early in the season and LSU the week before. Florida was then trounced by a new member of the SEC, Missouri, which accelerated an 8-game slide. The Mighty Gators are in a slide right now, with the only hope being that Feleipe Franks will click with a new receiver, the running game will get going, and the defense will clean up its fundamentals and win the two winnable games in 2017 against Missouri and AUB plus one of the 50/50 games against Texas A&M or South Carolina.
Sad to say, I totally "get where you're comin' from" ("KNEW it felt familiar!" LOL)...ONLY thing I'd add is something YOU have noted before yourself, E:
Mac himself has to take a certain amount of the blame for the "background bummers" on himself--everything but the injuries, presumably; Certainly the suspensions fell on his watch, amomg guys HE recruited. I say he's doing poorly in every area within his responsibilities...Admittedly, I am NOT taking financial/contractual considerations into account--easier therefore for ME to say, "Doesn't matter--if we wanna begin to 'fix'our program, he has to GO!"

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema