• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gator coaches for 2015 (semi-official)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
mcelwain-introduction.jpg

Jim McElwain, Head Coach
  • 1987–1994 Eastern Washington (QB/WR)
  • 1995–1999 Montana State (OC/WR/ST)
  • 2000–2002 Louisville (WR/ST)
  • 2003–2005 Michigan State (AHC/WR/ST)
  • 2006 Oakland Raiders (QB)
  • 2007 Fresno State (OC/QB)
  • 2008–2011 Alabama (OC/QB)
  • 2012–2014 Colorado State (22–16, 14–10 MWC)
    • Notable wins: New Mexico bowl upset of 3.5-point favorite Washington coached by Mike Leach. In 2013, McElwain was still building up his team at 7-6 and had losses against Alabama (his former team), and four of their last five. The Rams were 39th in passing and 31st in rushing with top-ten weapon Kapri Bibbs at RB.
    • Named MWC Coach of the Year in 2014 before departing for Florida.
  • 2015–present Florida
75387212.jpg

Doug Nussmeier, Offensive Coordinator

Previous Salary: $830,000
Connections:
Worked with McElwain at Michigan State from 2003-05
Worked with Skipper at Fresno State in 2008
l_a7zd71202014122158PM.jpg

Geoff Collins, Defensive Coordinator
Previous Salary: $575,000
Connections: none
  • Student Assistant Western Carolina Catamounts 1993-1994
  • Head Coach Franklin High School (N.C.) 1995
  • Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach Albright College 1997-1998
  • Graduate Assistant Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1999-2001
  • Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach Western Carolina Catamounts 2002-2005
  • Recruiting Coordinator Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 2006
  • Director of Player Personnel Alabama Crimson Tide 2007
  • Recruiting Coordinator/Linebackers Coach UCF Knights 2008-2009
  • Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach Florida International Panthers 2010
  • Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach Mississippi State Bulldogs 2011-2012
  • Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach Mississippi State Bulldogs 2013-2014
  • Defensive Coordinator Florida Gators 2015-present
ShannonRandy02.jpg

Randy Shannon, Linebackers and Recruiting

Previous salary: $400,000
3298725.jpeg

Greg Nord, Tight Ends and Special Teams
Previous Salary: $58,500
Connections: Worked with Summers at Kentucky from 1980-81, at Louisville from 2003-06 and Kentucky from 2011-12
  • 1979-80: Kentucky (Graduate Assistant)
  • 1981: Kentucky (Assistant Coach)
  • 1982-89: Kentucky (Running Backs)
  • 1990-91: East Carolina (Running Backs)
  • 1992-94: Georgia Tech (Running Backs)
  • 1995-97: Louisville (Running Backs)
  • 1998-2002: Louisville (Tight Ends)
  • 2003-06: Louisville (Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs/Tight Ends)
  • 2007-08: Louisville (Tight Ends)
  • 2009: Louisville (Running Backs)
  • 2010: Illinois (Tight Ends)
  • 2011-12: Kentucky (Tight Ends/Special Teams)
  • 2014: WKU (Running Backs)
Williams_Terrell.jpg

Terrell Williams, Defensive Line
Previous salary: unknown
  • 1998 Fort Scott Community College (Defensive Line)
  • 1999–2001 North Carolina A&T (Defensive Line)
  • 2002–2003 Youngstown State (Defensive Line)
  • 2004–2005 Akron (Defensive Line)
  • 2006-2009 Purdue (Defensive Line)
  • 2010–2011 Texas A&M (Defensive Line)
  • 2012–2014 Oakland Raiders (Defensive Line)
  • 2014–present Florida Gators (Defensive Line)
USATSI_7460944_166229722_lowres-940-wplok.jpg

Tim Skipper, Running Backs
Previous Job: Colorado State assistant head coach / linebackers
Previous Salary: $184,295
Connections:
Worked with McElwain at Colorado State from 2012-14
Worked with Nussmeier at Fresno State in 2008
  • 2001 Western New Mexico Secondary
  • 2002 Western New Mexico Defensive Coordinator/Secondary
  • 2003 Sacramento State Secondary
  • 2004-05 Sacramento State Defensive Coordinator/Secondary
  • 2006-08 Fresno State Running Backs
  • 2009-11 Fresno State Linebackers/ Run Defense Coordinator
  • 2012-13 Colorado State Linebackers
Mike-Summers.jpg

Mike Summers, Offensive Line
Previous Salary: $200,000
Worked with Nord at Kentucky from 1980-81, at Louisville from 2003-06 and Kentucky from 2011-12
  • 2014 Florida Offensive Line
  • 2013 USC Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
  • 2010-12 Kentucky Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
  • 2008-09 Arkansas Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line
  • 2007 Atlanta Falcons Offensive Line
  • 2003-06 Louisville Offensive Line
  • 2001-02 Ohio Offensive Line
  • 2000 Oklahoma State Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
  • 1996-99 University of the South Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
  • 1992-95 Oregon State Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
  • 1991 Oregon State Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator
  • 1985-90 Northern Illinois Offensive Coordinator
  • 1982-84 Texas A&M Offensive Line Graduate Assistant
  • 1980-81 Kentucky Offensive Line Graduate Assistant
JRoq0h30_400x400.jpeg

Kirk Callahan, Defensive Backs

Previous Salary: $160,000
Connections: Worked at Florida from 2010-11
  • UCF, 2012-Present Defensive Backs
  • Florida, 2010-11 Defensive Graduate Assistant
  • North Carolina, 2008-09 Graduate Assistant
  • UCF, 2007 Student Assistant
mike-kent-csu.jpg

Mike Kent, Strength and Conditioning
  • Appalachian State (1990-98)
  • Eastern Kentucky (1999)
  • Louisville (2000-03)
  • Pittsburgh (2004-06)
  • Kansas State (2007-09)
  • Appalachian State (2010-2011)
  • Colorado State (2012-2014)

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Y'all see where turns out Coach Mac was goin' around tailgating with various Gator groups, large and small few hours before the B-Bowl? I like it, cool and all, smart move and I think heart-felt, BUT:
I'm not judging ANYTHING by how much I "like" the guy--in fact whether I approve or NOT of his apparent charm or personality. Made that mistake with the last guy. Going by performance, mainly wins and losses of course, along with who he gets and what he DOES with them, coaches and players alike.
Looks like he's a real good guy and all that, but we need to be hardcore about all that this time. It's real simple, finally: The people ya gotta impress are in that locker room. You'll best win the rest of us over by winning.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Y'all see where turns out Coach Mac was goin' around tailgating with various Gator groups, large and small few hours before the B-Bowl? I like it, cool and all, smart move and I think heart-felt, BUT:
I'm not judging ANYTHING by how much I "like" the guy--in fact whether I approve or NOT of his apparent charm or personality. Made that mistake with the last guy. Going by performance, mainly wins and losses of course, along with who he gets and what he DOES with them, coaches and players alike.
Looks like he's a real good guy and all that, but we need to be hardcore about all that this time. It's real simple, finally: The people ya gotta impress are in that locker room. You'll best win the rest of us over by winning.
Agree. But I think in one manner he is trying to show us he wanted this job and wanst to be the next spurrier and get this thing back where it should be. Really think he is going to love it here. Great personality

Escambia94

Coach Mac is a naturally friendly, goofy guy that knows he needs to win back the Gator Nation from the grassroots. Hanging out with the tailgaters is one way to start, since he is no good on the sideline with a team that is not really his to coach until the spring.

There is little he can do to win over the locker room at this point. He did the right thing by staying out of D.J. Durkin's way, considering Durkin will be packing up and moving out this week along with the other coaches.

Winning will not occur overnight. We will not recruit more than a dozen recruits on SD unless there is a miracle. That means we will not have 85 scholarship players on opening day, which leaves us thin again as we were in 2013.

Escambia94

There are rumors that George McDonald, former OC and WR coach at Syracuse, will take over as wide receiver coach.

McDonald was passing game coordinator when he was with Randy Shannon at Miami. He is well known for his ability to recruit Southern California and Southern Florida.

2000 Ball State (GA)
2001-2003 Northern Illinois (WR)
2004 Stanford (TE)
2005-2006 Western Michigan (OC/WR)
2007-2008 Minnesota (WR)
2009-2010 Cleveland Browns (WR)
2011-2012 Miami (WR/PGC)
2013 Arkansas (WR)
2013-2014 Syracuse (OC/AHC)
2014 Syracuse (WR)

I will be honest, the only hire I do not like is the Callahan hire. I hate that we loose Trevaris for that guy.

I know Trob followed his boy Muschamp but still.

Escambia94

At this point, I do not care what happens to any of the old Gator coaches. I just want something different. I will miss T-Rob the most, but he is replaceable.

Escambia94

I added the old salaries and their connections to other coaches or the University of Florida. If a coach is taking a different position than before, then I noted that as well.

One problem Muschamp had was continuity and compatibility amongst coaches. Having decent pay and connections to other coaches helps.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Coach Mac is a naturally friendly, goofy guy that knows he needs to win back the Gator Nation from the grassroots. Hanging out with the tailgaters is one way to start, since he is no good on the sideline with a team that is not really his to coach until the spring.

There is little he can do to win over the locker room at this point. He did the right thing by staying out of D.J. Durkin's way, considering Durkin will be packing up and moving out this week along with the other coaches.

Winning will not occur overnight. We will not recruit more than a dozen recruits on SD unless there is a miracle. That means we will not have 85 scholarship players on opening day, which leaves us thin again as we were in 2013.

Agree. But I think in one manner he is trying to show us he wanted this job and wanst to be the next spurrier and get this thing back where it should be. Really think he is going to love it here. Great personality
Agree with y'all completely, and I KNOW there is little else he's been able to do of late EXCEPT study up, keep his eyes and ears open, put his staff together--and get out there, take over, put his stamp on things and in general raise his profile with fans, media, players and future-players alike. He's doing about as good a job at all of 'em as any of us could judge or hope for, too. Just reminding myself and all of us that we liked Muschamp lots too (some of us longer than others), from the start--and didn't really start becoming variously disenchanted with him until time passed and "stuff happened", right?
Not goin' into all that here, just noting it in passing in making my point: All the signs are good with Coach Mac. I am more and more optimistic. And I want to be realistic, patient and fair about where we're at, what we'll need in terms of work and time to do this right, get to where we all really want and believe it is possible for us to be once more. If anything, in fact, I think it's best NOT to go too far overboard in expecting too much too fast based on these early (albeit necessary) encouraging early signs--it's not fair to him or to ourselves. Lets see how things look after NSD, then Spring ball. And so on. I want to give him, his staff and our team-to-be every chance to succeed, to "do this right", whatever the timetable turns out to be. I KNOW we've got problems to be surmounted, and after the last couple of seasons am just not sure anymore how bad they are OR how long it could take to fix them all. Of course I HOPE it happens "fast", but I also want to be fair, recognize if we're at least headed the right way with the right guy, be satisfied and remain hopeful as long as that seems the case. I want to enjoy the "voyage", not just wait nervously to see if we get to the "destination". Step-by-step, that's how we get there, and that's how we'll do this--a long hard climb we all take together, our new Head Coach in the lead and in command.

miltongator

Gator Fan
possible hire as wide receivers coach, South Carolina wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator Steve Spurrier Jr. Hmmmm, could work out in 5-6 years as the new head ball coach.

Escambia94

Matt Lubick of Oregon would be a nice fit. He also has ties to Jim McElwain's circle through Colorado State.

I have not seen the Steve Spurrier Jr rumors. Interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema