• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida adds Virginia transfer TE Jake McGee

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
The Florida Gators on Friday locked up the long-awaited transfer of Virginia Cavaliers tight end Jake McGee, a fifth-year player who will be eligible to play immediately and compete in 2014.
Virginia’s leading receiver last season – 43 catches for 395 yards, two touchdowns – McGee received his undergraduate degree in May and will play while taking graduate school classes at Florida. He was likely able to avoid the Southeastern Conference’s transfer rule by going for a graduate degree not offered at UVA.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In a stunning reversal, having a brain pays off for player and his prospective team in a top NCAA football program.
(Other SEC schools, not to mention a certain recently-competitive school in their home state, are muttering suspiciously and mulling protests with the NCAA's Infractions Committee: "Something isn't right here", claimed Seminole booster Kilroy Hackfondler. "It's just GOT to be illegal--or oughta be...If they're gonna mess with our QB over some normal ol' boys-will-be-boys situation, how can this sort of cheating be ignored?")

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
In a stunning reversal, having a brain pays off for player and his prospective team in a top NCAA football program.
(Other SEC schools, not to mention a certain recently-competitive school in their home state, are muttering suspiciously and mulling protests with the NCAA's Infractions Committee: "Something isn't right here", claimed Seminole booster Kilroy Hackfondler. "It's just GOT to be illegal--or oughta be...If they're gonna mess with our QB over some normal ol' boys-will-be-boys situation, how can this sort of cheating be ignored?")

All that cheating talk is silly. Jake McGee chose Florida because he loved watching what Kurt Roper's offense did to his Virginia Cavaliers when they played each other. Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rida-what-former-all-acc-te-can-do-for-gators

Besides, Florida is still considered a top-ten, elite program, and will always be in the mix for top talent. FSU as an institution just is not ready to accept that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All that cheating talk is silly. Jake McGee chose Florida because he loved watching what Kurt Roper's offense did to his Virginia Cavaliers when they played each other. Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rida-what-former-all-acc-te-can-do-for-gators

Besides, Florida is still considered a top-ten, elite program, and will always be in the mix for top talent. FSU as an institution just is not ready to accept that.
You mean, they don't like us, they don't trust us, they've got a big inferiority complex/suspicious and paranoid thing about us? Can't stop whining and accusing even right after decisively winning the (hopefully last) BCS National Championship? Well, we got our own worries, tryin' to finally begin to realize all the "promise" and "potential" we've been loading up on, in players and coaches, last few years. This rate, it'll be a short reign for them...You know, we need a new put-down/disparaging name for the Seminoles--gotta get away from and somehow begin to bury all such identified-with-Meyer touches, and giving them a new slap-down name for them, a "we-don't-like-'em, don't even wanna talk about 'em" kind of dismissal that DOESN'T sound like a variation on the "That School Out West..."-stuff would be a good start; now, if it could only be us who proceed to displace them, begin our re-rise building towards an eventually schedule-capping "We're back!" win just after turkey-day, well, that may well be too much "justice" for me to expect or count on in this world. There's a quiet little corner of my head where I know a part, small part of me is saying, "Well, it could happen...", though. Hey, I'm a Gator, and it's still just late spring.

Escambia94

You mean, they don't like us, they don't trust us, they've got a big inferiority complex/suspicious and paranoid thing about us? Can't stop whining and accusing even right after decisively winning the (hopefully last) BCS National Championship? Well, we got our own worries, tryin' to finally begin to realize all the "promise" and "potential" we've been loading up on, in players and coaches, last few years. This rate, it'll be a short reign for them...You know, we need a new put-down/disparaging name for the Seminoles--gotta get away from and somehow begin to bury all such identified-with-Meyer touches, and giving them a new slap-down name for them, a "we-don't-like-'em, don't even wanna talk about 'em" kind of dismissal that DOESN'T sound like a variation on the "That School Out West..."-stuff would be a good start; now, if it could only be us who proceed to displace them, begin our re-rise building towards an eventually schedule-capping "We're back!" win just after turkey-day, well, that may well be too much "justice" for me to expect or count on in this world. There's a quiet little corner of my head where I know a part, small part of me is saying, "Well, it could happen...", though. Hey, I'm a Gator, and it's still just late spring.

My commander, a Florida State "graduate", is leaving the unit tomorrow, and all of us Gators are pitching in a few parting gifts. My gift to him will be a bag of crab legs, with a fake Publix logo on the side. That being said, instead of calling FSU "the School Out West", we could refer to them as Free Seafood University.

Interestingly enough, I heard that my commander is careful to not let his daughter hang around the athletes at FSU, because, well, the former Florida State College for Women does not value its females for anything other than fresh meat for the football players. Once my commander has officially turned over command to the new guy, I will refer to FSU as Forced Sex University or Forced Sodomy University.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
Remember "the innocent days" when "Free Shoes University" was about as low as they'd sunk (and our COACH coined it)? Not that any of this is all that new, only that it's all out in the open, and a B.M.O.C. QB figures (apparently with cause) that he can do whatever he likes over there--especially when it comes to forcing himself on his neighbors' daughters. Hey, in our town (I'm speaking as a Gator, now: Disregard the city I am living/have lived in for some years now--as a college football fan, I love the MUSIC scene in Austin), the starting slinger just goes to a bar, smiles nice and says "Please", it's consensual...and in the case of St. Tim, well, it was just ridiculous for anyone, even a parent, to bother contemplating such concerns. Yeah, I'd say we're a different sort of breed than the "men" of Forced Sodomy U.
Meanwhile, back on the corruption-front, how 'bout all the shite surfacing on Twitter and elsewhere regarding fancy new cars suddenly afforded kids from the ghetto the moment they show up on campus...The Tide in particular has the big media spotlight tracking it right now. Not sure this is exactly unique OR new in the SEC, though. I mean, I remember when I was there in the late 70s how, for example, a flashy WR from Liberty City showed up as a freshman and within a week was cruising town in a brand new black and gold Trans Am with EVERYTHING...he and his annual new ride was a common fixture the whole time he was there. 'Course, while the boosters "boosted", the fans bought into the line: "That's how you get and keep the personnel you need to win with in the SEC...". Within a few years the man-in-charge (Charley Pell--a Bear Bryant protege who cut his teeth on all of this in, oh yes, Tuscaloosa) was disgraced and out of football, the "next guy" (Galen Hall was a BARRY SWITZER disciple straight out of the Oklahoma program of all places--yeah, THAT was gonna get us straightened out), and WE were headed into several years of sanctions and probation. I mean, things may be generally less open now, but it's all still out there, obviously.

Escambia94

I hear the excuse all the time that everybody cheats, but I do not believe there are boosters everywhere providing cars, homes and cash to athletes. Come on! Most Gator athletes are getting in trouble for scooter violations! If Florida boosters wanted to, they make enough money to give athletes something better than scooters! Therefore, I do not believe everybody cheats, at least not on the level of Auburn, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, and Miami. Are all football programs corrupt? I believe so. The System encourages corruption, but not to the level of Alabama and Forced Sodomy University.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, and the results are mixed when they do, anyway--Does anyone really think that it's all the most successful, and ONLY those, that are guilty of such efforts? Success WILL get you closer scrutiny, though, all the more reason to take the time and do it right, far as you're able, so you can keep it all when "the program" bares fruit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema