• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida adds OL from Patriot League powerhouse Fordham

News Bot

News Bot
Old Dominion’s loss will end up being Florida’s gain. The Gators will welcome graduate transfer offensive tackle Mason Halter to the trenches this fall after the Fordham lineman decided to transfer to Gainesville instead of Old Dominion. According to The Virginian-Pilot, Halter previously signed the paperwork to transfer from the Patriot League’s Fordham to Conference…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here (above link) are the details on the news Ga8or22 gave us a few days ago.
While we're on the (somewhat related) topic of who is and who MAY be coming here, soon or eventually (OK, it's a bit of a stretch--but thought maybe not quite enough to warrant its own thread), is the news of a BIG scholarship offer going out to Jake Allen, super-rated 2017 QB-prospect out of Ft. Laud's St. Thomas Aquinas, at the end of his workout for UF coaches the other day. This may well be QB- and offensive-guru Coach Jim McEllwain and his OC Doug Nussmeier's much anticipated "hand-picked future of UF offense"--IF he comes...Lots of major programs had already offered, more are undoubtedly on the way, but we seem to have at least somewhat of the inside track here:
His prep-level QB is former UF QB Eric Cresser, who (by young Jake's own excited account post-visit) has been telling him since early on, "Someday you will be the starting quarterback at the University of Florida". Jake himself called it his "dream offer". Will try to get some video of the kid in action (can't seem to forward what I have so far--but it's, um, "promising"? Like a man among boys. I know, we've had a string of top-stats prep-QBs more or less bust when they get here, but this one LOOKS like the real deal in ACTION: no debate about the level his current team plays on at that level, and anyway this time we got a guy who really knows offense and how to bring a young QB to his full potential as our Head Coach...and maybe we're DUE a "get it right" too, after everything).
(Btw, apropos of nothing else here except bein' a Gator, I have only belatedly woken up to how good our BASEBALL team is this year--Top 5 all year and playin' their best ball now, when it counts: Heading into the College World Series after taking the SEC Tournament, the Florida Regional and Super Regional series. OK, I'm so much bout football 365-a-year I sometimes can't even get that jazzed about The Dance --especially when our guys aren't even IN it, like this year--but when a Gator team is this talented, on the mound and up and down the lineup, and playing this well, hey, even I start paying attention.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema