• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida’s Neiron Ball expected to miss season

News Bot

News Bot
A vascular condition that kept Florida’s Neiron Ball from participating in spring practice will probably make him unavailable for the entire 2011 season as well, the player’s brother-in-law told the Orlando Sentinel. Dary Myricks told the paper that the condition – arteriovenous malformation — and subsequent surgery will most likely prevent the linebacker from playing in…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
When we first heard about this and the actual problem was described, I was pretty sure young Mr. Ball wasn't EVER going to be playing football again, so although I'm sorry he'll miss the season, there are plenty of reasons to be more than happy with the latest reports. Obviously, there's the likelihood of a complete recovery and a healthy, happy life to be well thankful for...and on the football side of things, there actually now seems a reasonable chance we'll see this talented young man on the field eventually in the years ahead--great news for the Ball family and the greater Gator family as well.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The interesting part is that the University of Florida is gracious enough to pay the scholarship and medical even if Mr. Ball has no hope of playing football again. That is rather generous. I just hope he gets well. The world needs some feelgood stories.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh definitely--I'd be disappointed if it were any other way at UF, though. Above and beyond the call of duty, and all that...Gator for life, as for us all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema