• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Five-star defensive end picks Gators

News Bot

News Bot
Cal has been the school picking up the big recruits today at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, but Florida finally got into the mix late into the game. Crest HS (NC) defensive tackle Jonathan Bullard picked Florida over Clemson and South Carolina. The five-star DE is 6’4″ and 255 and continues Florida’s ability to pick up big…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is BIG news--we were already looking strong at just about every other spot on BOTH lines, leaving our relative thinness at DE still unfilled until now, but this goes a LONG way towards righting that wrong: by all accounts, Bullard is a once-in-a-blue-moon type of talent. You think Coach Boom doesn't understand the SEC? He is in the process of establishing Gator-control over the line-of-scrimmage in BOTH directions for years to come. I'm telling you, Gators: if we can find some playmakers at the skill positions on offense, and just one of our young QBs can perform with a modicum of calm efficiency, we are not far from being a force to reckon with once again--say one year to "come back" (10 wins?), and the one after to make a realistic Championship run. There: I said it...a best-case scenario, to be sure, but one that isn't beyond our reach.
(So many "moving pieces" that still must be accounted for, I grant you, but I do LIKE the manner in which Muschamp and his staff are going about approaching it, personnel-wise": a bigtime "D", special teams, and control over both lines-of-scrimmage, only the offense still in question--no small matter, obviously, but with the right OC we may well already HAVE enough to get the job done. Man, that just becomes a bigger and bigger hire!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema