• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Five-star Cal transient leaving Florida, too

News Bot

News Bot
In February of 2010, five-star defensive end Chris Martin signed with Cal on National Signing Day — after being a Notre Dame non-binding verbal in 2009. In July of 2010, Martin announced he was leaving Cal for Florida because “I feel like for me to focus and truly reach my potential I need to leave…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a head case...here's hopin' that this is another eg. of Coach Boom's strong stance on getting and keeping the RIGHT guys to build a great TEAM. My only real problem with Coach Meyer concerned his apparent blindness to all manner of selfishness and self-destructive behavior, no matter its potential damage to the team, when it came to the missteps of certain of "his guys". I admire loyalty, and believe everyone, especially young men in a dangerous world with corrupt predators all around them, deserves second, even third chances, but a Head Coach also has to consider the rest of his team, THEIR opportunities and potential, the health, hopes and dreams of the whole program, the students and the fans. As a part of that, you hate to lose talented players and you WANT to make excuses for them, see them out there--but the Coach has to see and consider the "Big Picture". Let's face it: with a bit of time and "emotional distance", we can by now step back and perhaps admit that this was a problem that appeared to be growing over time--and apparently one our new Head Coach isn't going to be making.

robdog

Gator Fan
Yeah what was the deal with this kid. Sucks, he looked decent, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's the only part that bothers ME about these "problem children" moving on: when they go and get their umteenth chance with another SEC team. This just happens far too often lately. It's very close to happening AGAIN with Auburn (and Blakely), for crying out loud...and anyway, is "the other shoe" EVER gonna fall on that stinky pile of "let's buy a Championship"-dogpoo? Just sayin'...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema