• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First time you went to The Swamp

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The first time I went to The Swamp was the first game of the 2001 season. I was a freshman. I never went to any Gator games until I attended school at UF. We played Marshall on Sept 1, 2001. We won in style.

I remember being overwhelmed with the atmosphere of a college game. I had been to many, many NFL games... but never a college one (other than the Gator Bowl a couple times). I remember not know any of the chants or cheers. I remember I was sitting wayyyyy up high in Section 31.

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
my first game was in the 1993 season, dont know what game tho, and the only reson i know it was then is cause it was dannys freshman year and terry dean was still playing, i remember people calling for danny to replace dean. gator fans will forever love the back up QB, haha

sat in section 1, row 89, same seats my parents and brother sit in today, 14 years later.

UGAsucks

VIP Member
first time i attended a game in the swamp was our first confrence home game in 96 i forget who we played...either kentucky, tenn., or ark i think...i seriously cant remember and its really irritating me

lilChomp

VIP Member
My first game was the first game of the Meyer era. Wyoming and we won by 10+ pts I think. I remember it being hot as hell. No wonder they call it the swamp.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
I have never been afforded the oppurtunity to attend a game at the swamp. I would give every limb on my body though to go

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I haven't been to a game becuase i live in california. but i remember i visited some friends a couple of years back and i went to the swamp when it was empty, and just walking on the field and looking up at the stands and Danny Weurffel's name up on the wall... it was sweet

those family friends have offered tickets, but im always playing football myself so i cant go :(

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I haven't been to a game becuase i live in california. but i remember i visited some friends a couple of years back and i went to the swamp when it was empty, and just walking on the field and looking up at the stands and Danny Weurffel's name up on the wall... it was sweet

those family friends have offered tickets, but im always playing football myself so i cant go :(

You have to go sometime. It will change your life.:Banane29:

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I honestly can't remember who we were playing the first time I went to the Swamp. I used to go to a lot of SEC Championships and bowl games and even went to a game at Tennessee, but I think the first game I went to in the Swamp was somebody pretty crappy like Citadel or Wyoming or something. It's definitely an amazing place to watch games and I love the fact that I still have four more seasons to go to every home game as a student.

UFforLife28

Gator Fan
after 17 years(my whole life) as a gator fan, i finally managed to score a trip to the swamp. against western carolina, but still amazing. an amazing experience 10 rows from the endzone. i really never will forget it.

awebbf5

VIP Member
never have had the privelage of going to the swamp but ive got to see us play when they play kentucky at home,it wasnt good as being at the swamp but seeing our guys in real life was awesome.

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
I have never been to The Swamp, but that's gonna change next season. My best friend, whose from Gainesville, said she's gonna get us some tickets as a late birthday present. :bananapowerslide:

dbgator1

Gator Fan
My first game was the 95 season opener against Houston. A buddy of mine who played at Florida gave me his Touchdown Terrace seats which were unbelievable. The Gators stomped Houston and just being in that stadium with that crowd, the atmosphere i was hooked and have been ever since. Thanks Lou.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema