• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First Round NFL Talent

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The 2010 NFL Draft could see as many as eight <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com" title="florida gators">Florida Gator</a> players selected in the first two rounds. I know we're months away from the NFL Draft in April - and we still have a Sugar Bowl to player - but several underclassmen have petitioned to the NFL Draft advisory board to get a talent evaluation. What that basically means is a bunch of NFL Scouts will rate the player and give him a potential draft slot. If the evaluation comes back as a first or second round pick, then it's likely a junior will come out.

We already know seniors Tim Tebow and Brandon Spikes will be in the NFL Draft and should be picked on the first day. Tebow is a draft enigma that we'll get into at a later date. But for now, let's talk about some of the juniors that could come out.

Carlos Dunlap
Joe Haden
Jermaine Cunningham
Aaron Hernandez
Mike Pouncey
Maurkice Pouncey

The Pouncey Twins' mother did say that they'll be coming back to Florida for a senior season, but I'm not sure I'd believe her. If they both have grades in the first or second round then the smart move will be to enter the Draft. There's really not much at the Guard and Center position they can do at this point to improve their draft status. From what I've been seeing though is that Maurkice is rated a lot higher than Mike - but I can't see one leaving without the other.

Dunlap and Haden are pretty much locks for first round picks - possibly even in the Top 10. They're as good as gone in my opinion following the Sugar Bowl. You have to strike while the iron is hot.

Aaron Hernandez is also likely headed to the NFL. He had a tremendous season and is either the top rated or second best rated tight end in the country. He's a great pass catcher and a solid blocker. Probably will go in the second round.

Jermaine Cunningham is a very good defensive end - he just doesn't get the pub that guys like Dunlap and Harvey got in the past. He's a little undersized, but some mock drafts have him rated in the late second round. I'm not sure if he would benefit from coming out this year - he could return for his senior season next year and just dominate - being the focal point for once.

What do you think of the juniors that may leave for the NFL? Is it a good move? Who should go and who should stay?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema