• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Finebaum

awebbf5

VIP Member
Today I was on finebaum and he had it out for gator nation. Does anyone besides me recall coach Mullen saying ,how he recruited at miss state where it was out in nowhere and was like a road going between fields to the stadium???

Mike Hicks

Gator Fan
I was on Finebaum before last season when they were saying we were a 4-7 team and wouldn't accomplish anything in Mullen's first year. I told them they were underestimating the Gators. They just tried to attack and run me off the air. I let them know they didn't know much about what was going on in Gainesville and they scoffed at me. After the season was over, I called in again and reminded Paul of my preseason call and how we were ranked #6 nationally in the ESPN FPI ratings. I told them this was the Alabama, Georgia show with Paul Finebaum and how all we had heard all summer was about the Tua or Jalen starter question. I said Bama and Georgia callers took up over half the show's airtime and that they knew little to nothing about the Gators. Paul listened respectfully and acknowledged he did give my call before the season much credibility but from now on he would. I told them that the Gators were coming, and that I believed we'd win the SEC championship within three years. I was then disconnected. Big Ten John a Penn State alum and Finebaum staffer came on and said on a scale of one to ten I was a ten in arrogance. In so many words he said they were right before the season and the Gators weren't that good. I have no respect for the Finebaum show!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was on Finebaum before last season when they were saying we were a 4-7 team and wouldn't accomplish anything in Mullen's first year. I told them they were underestimating the Gators. They just tried to attack and run me off the air. I let them know they didn't know much about what was going on in Gainesville and they scoffed at me. After the season was over, I called in again and reminded Paul of my preseason call and how we were ranked #6 nationally in the ESPN FPI ratings. I told them this was the Alabama, Georgia show with Paul Finebaum and how all we had heard all summer was about the Tua or Jalen starter question. I said Bama and Georgia callers took up over half the show's airtime and that they knew little to nothing about the Gators. Paul listened respectfully and acknowledged he did give my call before the season much credibility but from now on he would. I told them that the Gators were coming, and that I believed we'd win the SEC championship within three years. I was then disconnected. Big Ten John a Penn State alum and Finebaum staffer came on and said on a scale of one to ten I was a ten in arrogance. In so many words he said they were right before the season and the Gators weren't that good. I have no respect for the Finebaum show!
I used to respect the man, but more and more over the past coupla years he has DIS-earned that...He now regularly embodies that strange confluence in some semi-successful media persons of ignorance and arrogance. I am sure all of the reasons and explanations offered here have played their part, but more than anything it seems clear and simple to see and say that Paul Finebaum has reduced HIMSELF to just one more loud mouthed mediocrity who depends on the low standards of dumb-assed followers to support his ego-mirrored view of himself—where idiocy is mistaken for insight.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Sad part is he works with Gators (Tebow and Laura Rutledge) on the SEC show. Well unsure if Laura will return because ESPN has her hosting Get Up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema