• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Feleipe Franks vs Luke Del Rio Statistics Against Vanderbilt

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Franks actually did well statistically compared to Del Rio.

Franks
  • 30:42 of game play, 10 completions in 14 attempts (71%) for 185 yards, 13.2 yards per attempt, 182 rating.
  • Orchestrated 312 yards of offense in 46 plays at 6.78 yards per play.
  • Responsible for 60.6% of offensive production in just under 50% of the game clock.
  • Highs: came into the game and moved the ball 71 yards in 43 seconds.
  • Lows: 33 yards of production were pure luck when a would-be interception bounced into Tyrie Cleveland's hands.
Del Rio
  • 29:18 of game play, 7 completions in 11 attempts (64%) for 63 yards, 5.8 yards per attempt, 112 rating.
  • Orchestrated 164 yards of offense in 30 plays at 5.46 yards per play (includes running and passing from all players).
  • Responsible for 39% of offensive production in just over 50% of the game clock.
  • Highs: Entire playbook was open to the experienced LDR, good movement around pocket until...
  • Lows: Good movement in pocket suddenly stopped and LDR was lost for the season.
In an offense running the Run Pass Option (RPO), it is important to look at how the running game performed under the different QBs.

Del Rio
  • 100 yards on 18 rushes (5.5 yards per carry) for 2 touchdowns.
Franks
  • 132 yards on 28 rushes (4.7 yards per carry) for 3 touchdowns.

As long as Franks does not regress, the Gators will be fine.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks actually did well statistically compared to Del Rio.

Franks
  • 30:42 of game play, 10 completions in 14 attempts (71%) for 185 yards, 13.2 yards per attempt, 182 rating.
  • Orchestrated 312 yards of offense in 46 plays at 6.78 yards per play.
  • Responsible for 60.6% of offensive production in just under 50% of the game clock.
  • Highs: came into the game and moved the ball 71 yards in 43 seconds.
  • Lows: 33 yards of production were pure luck when a would-be interception bounced into Tyrie Cleveland's hands.
Del Rio
  • 29:18 of game play, 7 completions in 11 attempts (64%) for 63 yards, 5.8 yards per attempt, 112 rating.
  • Orchestrated 164 yards of offense in 30 plays at 5.46 yards per play (includes running and passing from all players).
  • Responsible for 39% of offensive production in just over 50% of the game clock.
  • Highs: Entire playbook was open to the experienced LDR, good movement around pocket until...
  • Lows: Good movement in pocket suddenly stopped and LDR was lost for the season.
In an offense running the Run Pass Option (RPO), it is important to look at how the running game performed under the different QBs.

Del Rio
  • 100 yards on 18 rushes (5.5 yards per carry) for 2 touchdowns.
Franks
  • 132 yards on 28 rushes (4.7 yards per carry) for 3 touchdowns.

As long as Franks does not regress, the Gators will be fine.
Aside from the overarching "dang shame" standpoint of the Luke Del Rio tale (I mean, that story is just sad, full of pathos and a sense of so little justice), just based on the "eye test", I had a gut feeling, visceral take that that would be the case in any statistical comparison: Franks came through as a leader and a game manager on Saturday. But Luke WAS getting it done--had steadied this offense and was NOT the problem out there. Franks has it IN him to do what he did and MORE "on any given Saturday"--but he also still has the whole gammut of potential "freshman QB carelessness, missteps and let-downs". IF he were to show more and more of the former, stay away from all the rest week to week rest of the season, who knows what might be accomplished? But otherwise...
And that assumes he can stay healthy behind that thin weak and porous O-line. He isn't fully-formed, might NEVER be much more than "strong, wiry and rangy" at best--BUT he has BIGTIME talent, just needs time and experience. In fact, IF he can just avoid getting knocked around to the point of serious injury, STAYING with Franks was arguably the way to go in the first place--This now FORCES Mac (or gives him the "cover") to do what was likely the right move in the first place. However, whatever was going on behind the scenes and wherever Malik was in this whole process before now, we might well see the now-2nd string QB before too long regardless. Guess he'll get more and better attention and reps from here on, maybe even some onfield looks if we ever DO see a big lead/"garbage time" ever again.
But who KNOWS with this Coach and staff? Practically everything I see out there, game after game/quarter after quarter/play after play, raises in me QUESTION AFTER QUESTION. But then, winning close games against teams we outclass even with all our injuries, missing parts and NO O-LINE, doesn't exactly fill me with optimism. There are better teams with worse records, for sure.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I hear you. We have been lamenting and commiserating on this forum together for the better part of 7 years. Here is my summary of the past 7 years:
  • Bad luck. Even when the coaches do a good job of recruiting, some of those prized recruits are subjected to bad luck. I keep thinking of 2013, when the Gators went from 85 healthy, scholarship players to about 60. We all know what happened that year. Also think of the bad luck that has befallen the QB position: injuries to John Brantley, Jordan Reed, Jeff Driskel, Jacoby Brissett, et cetera--pretty much every QB since Tim Tebow.
  • Bad behavior. Speaking of QBs since Tim Tebow, the Gators have been plagued with bad behavior from the likes of Cam Newton, all the way to Will Grier. Throw in bad behavior from Antonio Callaway, Treon Harris, or just about any 4-star or 5-star player Florida has recruited since Tim Tebow, and we have a serious problem in Gainesville. Gainesville is not as tolerant to bad behavior as Tallahassee or Tuscaloosa, so players need to be on better behavior.
  • Bad coaching. Charlie Weiss, Brent Pease, and Kurt Roper could not coach an offense into the top 100 rankings, and I wonder if anyone can. The Gators have not seen a good offensive line since 2008, maybe 2009.
  • Bad discipline. In this case, I mean on the field. The Gators are consistently among the most penalized teams in the nation.
Coach Mac has somehow improved our luck, and he may go down as the luckiest Gator head coach in history. The bad behavior issue looked like it was improving under Mac until very recently. It is only year 3 in terms of coaching, but other than the offensive line and special teams, I am generally pleased with the coaches. Rather than replacing Doug Nussmeier, I hope Mac adds a "passing game coordinator" to help Nuss with play-calling on game days. Bad discipline seems to always plague the Gators. I think the only solution would be to hire a "Terry Tate, office linebacker" position just for enforcing discipline on game days.

Aside from the overarching "dang shame" standpoint of the Luke Del Rio tale (I mean, that story is just sad, full of pathos and a sense of so little justice), just based on the "eye test", I had a gut feeling, visceral take that that would be the case in any statistical comparison: Franks came through as a leader and a game manager on Saturday. But Luke WAS getting it done--had steadied this offense and was NOT the problem out there. Franks has it IN him to do what he did and MORE "on any given Saturday"--but he also still has the whole gammut of potential "freshman QB carelessness, missteps and let-downs". IF he were to show more and more of the former, stay away from all the rest week to week rest of the season, who knows what might be accomplished? But otherwise...
And that assumes he can stay healthy behind that thin weak and porous O-line. He isn't fully-formed, might NEVER be much more than "strong, wiry and rangy" at best--BUT he has BIGTIME talent, just needs time and experience. In fact, IF he can just avoid getting knocked around to the point of serious injury, STAYING with Franks was arguably the way to go in the first place--This now FORCES Mac (or gives him the "cover") to do what was likely the right move in the first place. However, whatever was going on behind the scenes and wherever Malik was in this whole process before now, we might well see the now-2nd string QB before too long regardless. Guess he'll get more and better attention and reps from here on, maybe even some onfield looks if we ever DO see a big lead/"garbage time" ever again.
But who KNOWS with this Coach and staff? Practically everything I see out there, game after game/quarter after quarter/play after play, raises in me QUESTION AFTER QUESTION. But then, winning close games against teams we outclass even with all our injuries, missing parts and NO O-LINE, doesn't exactly fill me with optimism. There are better teams with worse records, for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema