• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Family Names Kid After Tim Tebow

MrCrumley

Gator Fan
If I was going to go that route, I would've just named him Tim. Tebow is a bad first name, in my opinion.

A lot of folks have asked me about that. Basically, I wanted NO DOUBT who he was named after. If you name a kid "Tim", he could be named after anybody. But if you name him "Tebow", it's pretty obvious who his namesake is.

Some of our friends have countered with, "but Tebow is a last name." To which we point out that everyone has at least someone in their family with a first or middle name that was also a last name... it's quite common.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
A lot of folks have asked me about that. Basically, I wanted NO DOUBT who he was named after. If you name a kid "Tim", he could be named after anybody. But if you name him "Tebow", it's pretty obvious who his namesake is.

Some of our friends have countered with, "but Tebow is a last name." To which we point out that everyone has at least someone in their family with a first or middle name that was also a last name... it's quite common.

Hope you don't move outside the state of Florida or else he'll be ridiculed beyond belief in school. :)

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
The president of our local Gator club is named Steve. And it is after Spurrier. His parents are both Gators. Steve and his wife just had their first child - Tim. Their next one will be Danny.

MrCrumley

Gator Fan
Actually, we don't live in Florida. Plus (hope you're sitting for this), we're Auburn fans.

Yeah.

So now, you're wondering, "Whaa?" Well, we think Tim Tebow's an excellent role model regardless of his athletic greatness. Also, since he never beat Auburn (and isn't likely to get another chance), we're able to appreciate his success without a bit of resentment.

Plus, if you heard our 4-year-old call his younger brother "Tee-BOW", you'd think it was a cute name too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema