• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Drowning at The Players

News Bot

News Bot
So here was my plan — instead of getting up early and spending the whole day at The Players Championship, I’d get up and have a nice breakfast and a good workout and arrive fashionably late but still well before the leaders went off.
So just as I arrived at the media parking garage came the announcement that play was suspended because of sever weather. Looks like 5:30 ish for the start which means a lot of golfers will play a lot of holes tomorrow.
As I sit here in the media center out of the weather, I can’t help but think about football and the radio show I had Tuesday. That day, I had this vision. And the vision is that Nebraska would play Oklahoma for the national title. The reason I like Nebraska all of a sudden? Scheduling. Nebraska is a very good team but no better and maybe not as good as Alabama, LSU or Arkansas.
But look at the schedules for those three teams and get back to me.
Nebraska’s toughest game is at Wisconsin.
Plus, I believe in good stories and Nebraska-Oklahoma renewing heir old rivalry with so much on the line is a good one. So would the Huskers playing for it all in their first year in the Big Lebowski (my name for the mathematically-challenged Big 10).
I presented this theory on my radio show and it received a lukewarm response. So many callers believe the SEC is entitled to another national title. Hey, we’re greedy down here.
I’d love to hear what you think. Hey, was that more thunder?

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema