• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Driskel eager to compete

News Bot

News Bot
I had a chance to sit down with Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel for about 15 minutes earlier in the week and wrote a story on how he’s doing physically, how much he’s looking forward to playing in Kurt Roper’s spread offense and how motivated the Gators are coming off the disappointing 4-8 season.

Driskel addressed some other topics as well, but I did not have a chance to fit those quotes into the story. So, here you go, more stuff from Driskel:

On everyone, including him, starting over in the spring and having to compete for starting roles: “It should be that way every year. The coaches are always going to play the best players. The spring and summer are about competing for jobs and competing to see who is going to play in the fall. I definitely feel that’s the way it should be.”

On how excited the offensive players are about going to the spread, up-tempo offense: “A lot of the guys were recruited to kind of a spread offense. For skill players, it’s always exciting to go up-tempo, to be able to throw the ball around. I think no-huddle is just exciting in general. I think the offensive linemen are excited about the new coach (Mike Summers) and the opportunity to make a first impression.”

On Roper’s comments that the Gators will have plenty of time between now and the start of the season to pick up the new offense: “He said we’re going to keep it simple and master the simple things. I think once you’ve gotten used to learning an offense, it won’t be as hard. Once you know how to learn something, it’s not as hard to learn.”

On any fear of getting hurt again: “Injuries happen. It was a freak thing in the fall. It won’t even be in the back of my mind come this season.”

On regaining the year of eligibility he lost last year while injured: “It’s been applied for and every indication is it will be (granted by the NCAA). Everybody is moving forward, expecting it to happen. I’m planning on it. I’ve got two more years of eligibility left.”

On how he gets his game to the next level: “I was very confident going into last year. I think I would have had a good year. I’m going to keep doing what I was doing — watching film, working on footwork, getting together with the receivers. Just a lot of the same stuff. Don’t back off. Don’t hang my head because of the injury. Continue on the path I was on.”

On quarterbacks Tyler Murphy and Max Staver leaving the program: “That’s two guys that are gone. Murphy played well at times last year. I wish the best for him and Max Staver.”

On true freshman quarterback Will Grier: “I haven’t really seen Will Grier throw the ball yet. As a person and a teammate, he’s going to be a big help for our team. It seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders. If he needs anything, I’ll be there for him. I’ve let him know that. He’ll be a good person to have around the quarterback room.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema