1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dara Torres ponders sixth Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Other Gator Sports' started by O-town Gator, Sep 4, 2010.

1. O-town Gator

O-town Gator Gator Fan

"Former Florida swimmer Dara Torres still yearns at 43 for the sensation of swimming.

In a series of interviews with the Edmonton Sun last month, the five-time Olympic swimmer shared her thoughts on a possible return to the Games in 2012.

“It’s more so proving to myself that I can keep going, rather than, ‘Ooh, I’m just going to beat the kids,’ ” she told the paper on Aug. 14."

More: http://progators.blogs.gatorsports.com/10621/torres-ponders-sixth-olympic-games/

2. Swimming has changed my life. Swimming was not about sport, it's about life. Swimming is a tradition in Syracuse. Lou Walker swam with me. Younger than he was a year we will, and there's been a long time. When I think about my experience during my time there, there is always an open office. Going to a party to a conversation with Mr Mišar at any time of day was a life saver for me.

3. DocZaius

DocZaius Minister of Science and Defender of the Faith

^ Wat.

4. DocZaius

DocZaius Minister of Science and Defender of the Faith

Back on topic, Olympic Trials are this week (LIVE! ON NBC!) Dara is seeded 8th in the 50 free.

Several other Gators have already made the team: Ryan Lochte, Conor Dwyer, Elizabeth "Diesel" Beisel. Peter Vanderkaay has also made the team - although he's a Michigan graduate, he now trains with Coach Troy.