• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dan Mullen's coaching staff is starting to take shape

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Multiple sources confirm that longtime Mullen partners, John Hevesy and Billy Gonzales, have joined the Florida Gator coaching staff. Interim coach Randy Shannon, offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and assistant coaches Robb Akey, Corey Bell, Kerry Dixon II and Greg Nord have been released. Brad Davis, Chris Rumph, Ja’Juan Seider and Tim Skipper are still on staff and will be on the road recruiting this week. Those roles may change as Mullen brings in more staff members, but for now only the strong recruiters from McElwain's staff remain. My guess is that Mullen will bring in a defensive coordinator like Todd Grantham, but that guess is based on just rumors at the moment.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Between a busy workweek for me and SEC coaching and related recruiting news in general pouring in, PLUS of course Mullen, hitting the ground running with the new coaches he's already brought in, more still to come (especially interested and hopeful at STRICKLAND'S comments in this regard; to wit, that getting someone "with toughness, knowledge and expertise in strength and conditiong" specifially targeted as a major focus and upgrade), AND immediate targets on the recruiting trail (Coach Dan already talking to and planning immediate visits to 5-star QBs, and beyond) well, I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment, still absorbing and considering what we know already, let alone where we are likely headed: I'll have a lot more to say this weekend and beyond.
MacEllwaine and co. left us with questions all over the field, both sides of the ball--even with good, solid hires at both Coordinator positions and an immediate and energetically aggressive start going after obvious needs, given all the holes we'll have to be content with a few "big catches", filled out with "talented kids who it will take time and hard work"
to warrant starting. We'll be relying somewhat for Mullen's and his staff hires' record of first rate DEVELOPMENT of talent, no matter what. Still, all in all I am already "guardedly" but nonetheless generally optimistic so far.
Interesting following it all, including comments from people like Spurrier and knowledgeable peers who DON'T have an axe to grind, AND the ones with various grudges and attitudes who DO. If you haven't done so, surf the web a bit, google "Mullen" and "Florida", etc, as well as "MSU" and some of the OTHER SEC schools (espec the ones who have prospective 5-star commits whom OUR Coach is already going after--that is both amusing AND encouraging--they wouldn't be so disparaging if they weren't worried!).
That's what I'VE been doing whenever I have a little spare time...and it is instructive.
Talk to y'all about ALL of it soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema