• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Crappy, Useless Gator/FSU Game

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Minus a true and talented "holistic Coach" (such a fine summary-term, embodying so much of what we clearly need and have mean missing for so long, I will henceforth be using it as my go-to "shorthand" here for "what WE are looking for in a Head Coach"), a little way back I myself proposed that Shannon might be a good "placeholder" at Head Coach for now--ALSO provided he had competent people who could work with each other while running their discrete areas of responsibility with responsible efficiency.
Now, I admit that in frustration and (in retrospect, impatient and unworthy) disgust, I recalled and dismissed that option in the course of the first half yesterday...but the truth remains that if it can be managed, it may well be the best of a bad set of choices.
Sometimes "no move" is better than ANY BAD moves. Making desperate, "gotta-do-SOMETHING" changes, when they're your 4th- or 5th- or LOWER (in some "List" you started with and are working down under pressure from outside, especially) are almost SURE to go wrong.
So yes, unless there is someone we clearly want, NEED--and can GET, I would support that for now. In the current climate and actual situation we are in, it could be the wisest (NON-) move--a "placeholder" leaving us flexible and most prepared for new opportunities.
But do the people who would have to sign off on that, have the wisdom, reason OR courage to do that? People who always have to see themselves as "in control", "in charge", even more BE SEEN that way, would be required to actually go "hands off", LEAVE IT ALONE--RELINQUISH control. Risk blame if we continue to lose--with little chance for credit if it somehow WORKS. Color ME "dubious"...But when it comes to our Gators and my "half-empty"-nature, I am ALWAYS ready, hopeful, GLAD to be wrong. Of course, among the definitions of "working" here I include simply as a kind of "bridge", keeping us moving forward and in "rebuilding/restocking"mode, "not getting WORSE" while we search for and finally find that "RIGHT Guy" up the road...It isn't the ONLY possibility, but one that would be, for the moment, a suitable one.

Granted, Mullen will only earn the title of holistic coach when he hires the right assistants.
Won't DARE say "we are ASSUMING that"...But we are totally counting on it--and I'M "assuming" that is Mullen's plan, one of the strengths he brings to the table, and among the ones that Strickland himself considered all along.
As you are saying in immediately noting it, E-, is how important it is for us to revamp EVERY ASPECT of our program--and that has a MUCH BETTER chance of coming to pass (quickly) with Mullen bringing his "coaching TEAM" in with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema