• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

College Football Playoffs 2018-2019

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The CFP selection will occur in a few hours. NCAA football fans around the country are lighting up the discussion boards, typing in CAPS LOCK at one another, and letting their emotions guide spirited discussion. I am an engineer by trade, completely devoid of emotion and without a team in the top-4 discussion, so here is my analysis of the CFP 2018 based on the official CFP selection guidance [PDF].

untitled-diagram-1.png

Here is the criteria straight from the CFP.

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:
  • Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incentivizing margin of victory)

Here is my analysis based on the official protocol. I took some liberties in interpreting the selection criteria above, since the committee did not specify whether "championships won" needed to be from the former BCS automatic qualifiers (what we call the Power 5 today), nor did they specify method for assessing strength of schedule. One thing that helps us read between the lines is this line from the official protocol document:

When creating the College Football Playoff in June of 2012, the 11 university presidents, 10 conference commissioners and Notre Dame athletics directors unanimously adopted the preceding document which established the guiding principles and the basis for selecting and ranking teams. When the selection committee later added more details and specific operating procedures, those resulted in this full “College Football Playoff Selection Committee Protocol.”

Since there were 10 conference commissioners plus the Notre Dame athletic director, it stands to reason that the selection committee does not differentiate between P5 conference champion and any other conference champion.
  1. Alabama (13-0).
    • P5 conference champion.
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 3 quality wins over #18 Mississippi State, #19 Texas A&M, and #4 Georgia.
    • Alabama is unequivocally the #1 team in the nation. There is no logical argument here.
  2. Clemson (13-0).
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 2 quality wins over #19 Texas A&M, #20 Syracuse. +0.5 quality points for beating the conference runner up.
    • Clemson needed help from #19 Texas A&M to boost their resume, but there is no reason to rank them lower than #2.
  3. Notre Dame (12-0).
    • Not a P5 conference champion.
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 3 quality wins over #7 Michigan, #21 Northwestern, #20 Syracuse.
    • There is some concern that Notre Dame only played 12 games and that they did not play anyone, but I refer those folks to the official selection protocol. They have a decent strength of schedule based on beating 3 ranked FBS teams. They have no FCS teams on their schedule, and the best mix of P5 and G6 teams.
  4. Oklahoma (12-1).
    • 1 quality loss to #14 Texas, later avenged.
    • 3 quality wins over #14 Texas, #23 Iowa State, #16 West Virginia.
    • Oklahoma essentially erased its loss by beating the team that beat them, and doing it on a bigger stage with more at stake. This certainly speaks for their strength of schedule.
  5. Ohio State (12-1).
    • 1 bad loss to unranked Purdue.
    • 3 quality wins over #12 Penn State, #7 Michigan, #21 Northwestern.
    • Ohio State shat the bed by losing to Purdue. There is a good argument to rank them at #5, but they could also be placed below Georgia or even UCF. At this point it does not matter, because they eliminated themselves from the CFP top-4 by losing to an unranked team.
  6. Georgia (11-2).
    • 2 quality losses to #1 Alabama and #10 LSU.
    • 3 quality wins over #9 Florida, #14 Kentucky, #24 Missouri.
    • Georgia certainly has a valid argument to be ranked in the top-4 CFP, but that one loss to LSU looms over them. Georgia might beat any team in the top-4 CFP, including Alabama in a rematch, but in the spirit of the official CFP selection protocol I think they get ranked at #6, maybe #5 at most.
  7. UCF (13-0).
    • Not a P5 conference champion, but is a conference champion nonetheless.
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 0 quality wins.
    • If UCF gets ranked above #7, I would be highly surprised. Sure, they are a conference champion without a loss, but they have ZERO quality wins. ZERO. Even some of their wins against unranked opponents makes them the Cupcake Kings of 2018.
  8. Michigan (10-2).
    • 2 quality losses to #3 Notre Dame, #6 Ohio State.
    • 2 quality wins over #12 Penn State, #21 Northwestern.
    • Michigan is the first team in the ranking with absolutely zero claim to a top-4 CFP spot. I would argue that #5 Ohio State is the first team with zero claim to a top-4 CFP spot, but I know that I am in the minority there. Based on the cold, hard facts outlined in the selection protocol, Michigan has no claim to the CFP playoff, nor do they have a claim to a higher ranking.
  9. Florida (9-3).
    • 3 quality losses to #4 Georgia, #13 Kentucky, #24 Missouri.
    • 2 quality wins over #10 LSU, #18 Mississippi State.
    • Florida is happy to be here. The Gators were not even ranked by some preseason and early season polls. Even if the Gators had beaten #24 Missouri and #13 Kentucky, this team that was 4-7 last year is not ready yet to beat Georgia or anyone ranked in the top 4.
  10. LSU (9-3).
    • 3 quality losses to #1 Alabama, #9 Florida, #19 Texas A&M
    • 2 quality wins over #4 Georgia, #18 Mississippi State
    • LSU has a similar story as Florida, except they were ranked in the top 5 at one point. They probably should not have lost to aTm, but even with the referees gifting the Aggies that win, they lost outright to Florida and Alabama.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The CFP selection will occur in a few hours. NCAA football fans around the country are lighting up the discussion boards, typing in CAPS LOCK at one another, and letting their emotions guide spirited discussion. I am an engineer by trade, completely devoid of emotion and without a team in the top-4 discussion, so here is my analysis of the CFP 2018 based on the official CFP selection guidance [PDF].

untitled-diagram-1.png

Here is the criteria straight from the CFP.

Here is my analysis based on the official protocol. I took some liberties in interpreting the selection criteria above, since the committee did not specify whether "championships won" needed to be from the former BCS automatic qualifiers (what we call the Power 5 today), nor did they specify method for assessing strength of schedule. One thing that helps us read between the lines is this line from the official protocol document:

Since there were 10 conference commissioners plus the Notre Dame athletic director, it stands to reason that the selection committee does not differentiate between P5 conference champion and any other conference champion.
  1. Alabama (13-0).
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 3 quality wins over #18 Mississippi State, #19 Texas A&M, and #4 Georgia.
    • Alabama is unequivocally the #1 team in the nation. There is no logical argument here.
  2. Clemson (13-0).
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 2 quality wins over #19 Texas A&M, #20 Syracuse. +0.5 quality points for beating the conference runner up.
    • Clemson needed help from #19 Texas A&M to boost their resume, but there is no reason to rank them lower than #2.
  3. Notre Dame (12-0).
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 3 quality wins over #7 Michigan, #21 Northwestern, #20 Syracuse.
    • There is some concern that Notre Dame only played 12 games and that they did not play anyone, but I refer those folks to the official selection protocol. They have a decent strength of schedule based on beating 3 ranked FBS teams. They have no FCS teams on their schedule, and the best mix of P5 and G6 teams.
  4. Oklahoma (12-1).
    • 1 quality loss to #14 Texas, later avenged.
    • 3 quality wins over #14 Texas, #23 Iowa State, #16 West Virginia.
    • Oklahoma essentially erased its loss by beating the team that beat them, and doing it on a bigger stage with more at stake. This certainly speaks for their strength of schedule.
  5. Ohio State (12-1).
    • 1 bad loss to unranked Purdue.
    • 3 quality wins over #12 Penn State, #7 Michigan, #21 Northwestern.
    • Ohio State shat the bed by losing to Purdue. There is a good argument to rank them at #5, but they could also be placed below Georgia or even UCF. At this point it does not matter, because they eliminated themselves from the CFP top-4 by losing to an unranked team.
  6. Georgia (11-2).
    • 2 quality losses to #1 Alabama and #10 LSU.
    • 3 quality wins over #9 Florida, #14 Kentucky, #24 Missouri.
    • Georgia certainly has a valid argument to be ranked in the top-4 CFP, but that one loss to LSU looms over them. Georgia might beat any team in the top-4 CFP, including Alabama in a rematch, but in the spirit of the official CFP selection protocol I think they get ranked at #6, maybe #5 at most.
  7. UCF (13-0).
    • Not a P5 conference champion, but is a conference champion nonetheless.
    • 0 quality losses.
    • 0 quality wins.
    • If UCF gets ranked above #7, I would be highly surprised. Sure, they are a conference champion without a loss, but they have ZERO quality wins. ZERO. Even some of their wins against unranked opponents makes them the Cupcake Kings of 2018.
  8. Michigan (10-2).
    • 2 quality losses to #3 Notre Dame, #6 Ohio State.
    • 2 quality wins over #12 Penn State, #21 Northwestern.
    • Michigan is the first team in the ranking with absolutely zero claim to a top-4 CFP spot. I would argue that #5 Ohio State is the first team with zero claim to a top-4 CFP spot, but I know that I am in the minority there. Based on the cold, hard facts outlined in the selection protocol, Michigan has no claim to the CFP playoff, nor do they have a claim to a higher ranking.
  9. Florida (9-3).
    • 3 quality losses to #4 Georgia, #13 Kentucky, #24 Missouri.
    • 2 quality wins over #10 LSU, #18 Mississippi State.
    • Florida is happy to be here. The Gators were not even ranked by some preseason and early season polls. Even if the Gators had beaten #24 Missouri and #13 Kentucky, this team that was 4-7 last year is not ready yet to beat Georgia or anyone ranked in the top 4.
  10. LSU (9-3).
    • 3 quality losses to #1 Alabama, #9 Florida, #19 Texas A&M
    • 2 quality wins over #4 Georgia, #18 Mississippi State
    • LSU has a similar story as Florida, except they were ranked in the top 5 at one point. They probably should not have lost to aTm, but even with the referees gifting the Aggies that win, they lost outright to Florida and Alabama.
Am sick of MY OWN ramblings on this, and more so the public ballyhoo--on a subject where (as E-puts it) I too am "without a team in the discussion"--my ONLY direct emotional involvement centers on the specific issue of the fairness in how the SEC and its clear top-to-bottom strengths is being judged, even hampered here by its Conference Championship game, and a general one concerning "What is right and FAIR?" in the first place AND final analysis.
But I have covered all of this and more elsewhere; if anyone cares enough, I refer y'all to my comments over on the "Oklahoma or Ohio State" thread.

Escambia94

The AP polls are out. We should find out where the Gators are going in about 30 minutes from the time of this post. The AP poll has Washington jumping over Florida by virtue of a conference championship, but this should not affect the bowl selections. Florida would still face UCF or Michigan or Penn State regardless.

1. Alabama SEC 13-0 1,525(61) @ Georgia W 35-28
  2. Clemson ACC 13-0 1,460 @ Pittsburgh W 42-10
  3. Notre Dame Division I FBS Ind 12-0 1,405 _
  4. Oklahoma Big 12 12-1 1,327 vs Texas W 39-27
  5. Ohio State Big Ten 12-1 1,254 vs Northwestern W 45-24
  6. Georgia SEC 11-2 1,247 vs Alabama L 35-28
  7. UCF The American 12-0 1,158 vs Memphis W 56-41
  8. Michigan Big Ten 10-2 1,076 _
  9. Washington Pac-12 10-3 992 vs Utah W 10-3
  10. Florida SEC 9-3 894 _
  11. LSU SEC 9-3 847 _
  12. Washington State Pac-12 10-2 845 _
  13. Penn State Big Ten 9-3 773 _
  14. Texas Big 12 9-4 763 @ Oklahoma L 39-27
  15. West Virginia Big 12 8-3 694 _
  16. Kentucky SEC 9-3 639 _
  17. Syracuse ACC 9-3 516 _
  18. Mississippi State SEC 8-4 375 _
  19. Fresno State Mountain West 11-2 373 @ Boise State W 19-16
  20. Utah Pac-12 9-4 362 @ Washington L 10-3
  21. Texas A&M SEC 8-4 359 _
  22. Army Division I FBS Ind 9-2 209 _
  23. Boise State Mountain West 10-3 144 vs Fresno State L 19-16
  24. Missouri SEC 8-4 133 _
  25. Iowa State Big 12 8-4 110 vs Drake W 27-24

Others Receiving Votes:
Northwestern 109, Utah St. 86, NC State 54, Cincinnati 39, Stanford 28, Appalachian St. 19, UAB 4, Iowa 4, Troy 1, Oregon 1.

Escambia94

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/1069323884401442816
[/TWEET]

The #10 Florida Gators (9-3) will face the #7 Michigan Wolverines (10-2) in the Peach Bowl!

Dan Mullen has turned the Gators from a 4-7 team to a 9-3 team heading to a New Year's 6 bowl game in only one season! The Gators will play in the Peach Bowl for the first time since 2004, a 10-27 loss to the Miami Hurricanes led by former Gator Brock Berlin.

On the other sideline, Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh had the Wolverines improving with 10 straight wins after their loss to Notre Dame in week 1 only to have their hopes crushed by conference rival Ohio State. This will be Michigan's first Peach Bowl.

Escambia94

Here are all the New Year's Six bowl games:

• Peach Bowl: No. 10 Florida (9-3) vs. No. 7 Michigan (10-2) |
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Date: Dec. 29 | Time: Noon | TV: ESPN
  • Fiesta Bowl: No. 11 LSU (9-3) vs. No. 8 UCF (12-0) | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Date: Jan. 1 | Time: 1 p.m. | TV: ESPN
  • Rose Bowl: No. 9 Washington (10-3) vs. No. 6 Ohio State (12-1) | Location: Pasadena, Republic of California | Date: Jan. 1 | Time: 8 p.m. | TV: ESPN
  • Sugar Bowl: No. 15 Texas (9-4) vs. No. 5 Georgia (11-2) | Location: New Orleans, Lousiana | Date: Jan. 1 | Time: 8 p.m. | TV: ESPN
  • Orange Bowl: No. 1 Alabama (13-0) vs. No. 4 Oklahoma (12-1) | Location: Miami, Florida | Date: Dec. 29 | Time: 8 p.m. | TV: ESPN
  • Cotton Bowl: No. 2 Clemson (13-0) vs. No. 3 Notre Dame (12-0) | Location: Arlington, Texas | Date: Dec. 29 | Time: 4 p.m. | TV: ESPN

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly, I was hoping for UCF or better yet Ohio State (beat the S--T out of those Suckeyes) but UM will do especially against Coach McLair (not to be confused with Coach Lair at OSU).

Escambia94

Honestly, I was hoping for UCF or better yet Ohio State (beat the S--T out of those Suckeyes) but UM will do especially against Coach McLair (not to be confused with Coach Lair at OSU).

Agreed. Florida stacks up favorably against UCF and would be at least a 7-point favorite. Against Michigan we are the underdog and we do not stack up favorably.

Escambia94

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 4.51.04 PM.png

Statistically Michigan is the better team in most regards and has a 57% chance of winning. Florida is better at rushing, kicking, sacks, QB protection, and red zone defense. Michigan has the edge everywhere else.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agree all around...I don't especially relish this game, either in terms of match ups OR from any objective "fan-entertainment" standpoint. In fact, in general we have more or less been shunted off to be a part of "the warm-up, PRE-Championship First Round Ceremonies".
Sigh...There were a number of potential opponents we could have worked up some real anticipation and pleasure in meeting and BEATING them. Instead we get "the over-hyped Choke Artist" and his band of Big Slow Ten mercenary depressives.
Still, the game, the opponent and the fact of its juxtaposition timing-wise with the REAL ACTION does serve all other post-season goals and advantages: It all resonates well with the perceptions of potential recruits, equates us with The Main Action and Big Time Stage. Win or lose, everything about it satisfies the requirements of selling our program out there, the impression of gathering strength and moving forward; and were we to win it, the after-buzz will serve us BETTER than as a LOSING participant in the CFP's first round that same day.
So there IS something tangible to play for--along with the simple but powerful "Habit of Winning" Mullen and his staff are still building into, striving to make an underlying part of the "Assumed Reality of BEING a Florida Gator").

Escambia94

Look at the bright side, if Dan Mullen beats Michigan, we are 1-4 against them all time. Dan Mullen is 1-0 against Michigan, including a 52-14 Gator Bowl victory when his 7-4 Bulldogs BTHO Rich Rodriguez's 7-4 squad and sent RichRod into retirement. Mullen's QB, Chris Relf was a 2 or 3-star QB, and Michigan's QB, Denard Robinson, was an All-American. This was Michigan's worst bowl loss in its history. As an offensive coordinator, Mullen is 0-1 against Michigan. The 2007 Gators (9-3) fell to Lloyd Carr's 8-4 Wolverines, 35-41 in the Capital One Bowl.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
View attachment 401
Statistically Michigan is the better team in most regards and has a 57% chance of winning. Florida is better at rushing, kicking, sacks, QB protection, and red zone defense. Michigan has the edge everywhere else.
I have no real "feel" for how this one goes--especially as an afterseason "afterthought"--let alone one played and presumably widely watched the same day and in advance of both games in the CFP First Round this year. I know Dan Mullen and Co. will TRY, do all they can to get this young team ready, take it seriously enough to WANT it badly enough to make a difference; the degree to which they succeed in that will determine whether we are even IN this one throughout.
Not exactly a ringing call for rallying "Gator Pride", but there it is.
Hard to be "optimistic" under the circumstances: In terms of "what's at stake" (very little) and any objective reading of a confrontation in "styles of play", this is probably the least interesting (to fans OR participants) meeting possible going INTO all the potential matchups. A shame, too: Its location up I-75 in Atlanta SHOULD have afforded a big Gator fan-turn out--which might have at least made it LOOK and SOUND excited and exciting to casual fans (and potential recruits) tuning in early on CFP First Round Day. As it is, hope I'm wrong, but I get the FEELING that if the event isn't pretty sparsely attended it'll only be because, even after their team's collosal letdown in the Big Ten Championship Game, Wolverine fans find reason to travel well for this one after all.
As for the outcome, well, only "emotional factors" unexpectedly somehow raising one and/or the other's "intensity of performance" that day will likely make this one any fun to watch...otherwise it could end up akin to "a pitchers' duel" (and similar score!)...
And know what? Barring something completely BIZARRE occurring in, during or at the site of this game, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER. To ANYTHING connected with the aftermath and/or "repercussions" of the final score OR which side of it we or they end up on. Not really. Oh, there are probably any number of ways either team, its players and/or coaches could find or stumble into that could MAKE a mess of ANYTHING--but these are responsible, detail-oriented Head Coaches with experienced staffs at schools long-used to going through this process: It is far more likely they will go through the motions, make the most of whatever best spin each can put on whatever ensues--Get in, get out and go forward from there, preparing for NEXT season. They aren't getting some historic rival from the West Coast, and WE aren't getting a shot at The Liar OR the chance to utterly STOMP that little self-promoting upstart from downstate. This time we were BOTH "the leftovers", and got each other.
Best case scenario: Our seniors take it seriously, lead the way, while the underclassmen, recognizing the coming changes and opportunities to rise on the depth chart, follow suit; meanwhile N. Fla. Gator fans decide to hit Hotlanta for New Years, make the Peach Bowl part of THEIR "pre-party" and show up in good numbers, fill it out in Orange and Blue, loudly inspire a team READY to relax and have some FUN, and together they MAKE it a raucous "Gator Party". I'll tune in with that HOPE in mind--then, as always, react to and deal with the reality, whatever it is.
See y'all here that morning, I hope--IN the hope that that is what we'll find.
HEY!: We deserve a gameday like that one, doncha think? Soon enough there'll be a whole lot MORE on the line, and it'll be nerves and tense prognostication: Sure, it LOOKS like this one's a bone we were thrown, a side show--but that doesn't mean it can't be some fun. It's all in the context and the company, right? If our Coaching has our PLAYERS up and ready, able, WILLING to go out there and lay one on an opponent no matter who, where and when, and fans show up to fully support them, to HELL with all the rest...That'll take care of itself. GO GATORS!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
View attachment 401
My gut, history AND "the eye test" (pre-Ohio State) says we lose to Michigan AGAIN...UNLESS: Mullen finds a way to light a fire inside his team for this one--something BESIDES all the strategic and tactical reasons HE has for wanting to see pride ignited in this program, a "habit of winning" installed, along with all the immediate benefits accrued in the weeks and months ahead as a consequence...The Wolverines have a bad taste to wash away (courtesy of their last game)--and in all likelihood their Coach will use their damaged pride as a goad to see them hyped up and ready to reclaim lost pride (not to mention some modicum of his own lost stature among the UM faithful).
Coach Dan will have to find something, perhaps several "somethings" to arouse a matching will-to-win in HIS charges, or face another rather embarrassing drubbing from a UM team--this one eager to come out and hit us like a tidal wave, scoring early and often.
Not that we don't have the defense to smother that from the start and the playmakers to turn it back, shock them ourselves--but it will likely TAKE a plan designed to do just that, well executed by a poised and motivated team. Our Coach will have to find the keys in their emotional hearts, and the competitive context that turns each, in order to get the whole squad refocused and ready to WANT IT. All things considered, it's a tall order this time.
I'll give him mad, MAJOR props if he manages it. If we DO go out and take care of business, at least win a close, tough game in convincing manner, it will not only accomplish all he hopes to gain from having come this far this fast and seeing it rewarded in this way, it will tell me, US, that we really are on our way--that we will turn-the-page and take the NEXT step, seize opportunities as they present themselves, whatever they are.
Our Coach doesn't want "cruise control", he wants the machine and fuel to go "Hammer DOWN"!!! Whether he can get that from this group in this situation, well, THAT'S on him AND these players, this TEAM. Getting them to see and feel it, understand that THAT is what is on the line from here, is probably both the question he must pose to get their real attention--and the one they must take seriously, ask themselves if they want to be a part of something special, moving forward.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think this will be a defensive struggle. I hoping UM offense will be like Ohio State in 2006 (well technically 2007 against the Gators) then again Ohio State that had a good offense until they ran into a brick wall in the Gators. I don't see it in Michigan Offense. I fear the Gators Offense against Michigan's Defense. The most points they allowed before the suckeyes are 24 points. I just hope Franks doesn't make many mistakes. Also, is Coach Mac going to be there or is he going to chicken out because I know he accepted the Central Michigan job?

Escambia94

I think this will be a defensive struggle. I hoping UM offense will be like Ohio State in 2006 (well technically 2007 against the Gators) then again Ohio State that had a good offense until they ran into a brick wall in the Gators. I don't see it in Michigan Offense. I fear the Gators Offense against Michigan's Defense. The most points they allowed before the suckeyes are 24 points. I just hope Franks doesn't make many mistakes. Also, is Coach Mac going to be there or is he going to chicken out because I know he accepted the Central Michigan job?

Coach McDeathThreats is busy working for his new school. He is already doing press conferences and going on recruiting trips. I think he is scared to face the music against the Gators.

https://cmuchippewas.com/news/2018/12/2/mcelwain-named-29th-cmu-head-football-coach.aspx

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Weird day, in a so far Weird Week; With everything, news and reaction to it piling up and coming at us in waves, all of it stuff that, as Gators we definitely would have had much to consider and say in any event, only to be capped mid-morn with "SpiderBrain" Meyer's latest Big Lie ("My head hurts--I'm done." from the guy who last time said "I'm sick at heart--so I'm finally off to spend time with my family")...well, I feel I already HAD lots to say building up before this, but there's a point where I just have to step back, take a breath, and give it all some thought before MOUTHING OFF, for a change...Look, the Liar (whose physical problem is termed medically an "arachnoidal cyst"--a "spider growth"; Is there a creature more aptly descriptive of all we associate with this man, whether discussing his brain OR his behind-the scenes machinations?) still has designs on the Notre Dame job, but even he must recognize that one's not about to drop within his reach anytime soon now; Assuming "The Liar" is lying ("How can you tell?" --"His lips are moving!"), that does leave all the talk out there now about the ongoing arrangements to bring him out to the Pac 12 in a year...Let's see if "the Talk" is accurate, that back-channel ties are already in process and he will replace Clay Helton at USC in 2020.
My THOUGHTS on that and ALL THE REST SO FAR I believe best to let settle for a couple/few days, I think. At any rate, we've got a mostly long, slow few weeks here to observe, react and discuss.
Frankly, for now I'm more focused on recruiting news. One thing already worth noting there: Where we have been aware of the need, and hearing for years about some "concerted effort" to fill out talent and depth on the O-line, only now are we finally seeing it actually actively pursued: Between grad-transfer, a number of long-pursued targets committing PLUS a couple of valuable flips in recent days (and the prospect of a couple more apparently now on the horizon), well, we won't take anything for granted til NSD at LEAST, but it LOOKS like this will FINALLY be properly addressed. And that's just one part of what has been and even now continues to be an intense, widespread and comprehensive effort to fill out every squad with new vigor and depth at every area of need. I am truly excited at what the whole team will look like come the spring.

Escambia94

I agree with you @DRU2012 . Instead of focusing on Urban Liar, I am focused on the Gators.

What does Liar's retirement mean for Florida? Perhaps the Gators can take back St. Thomas Aquinas high school and other key schools from OSU. The Gators lost that recruiting pipeline when Liar carpetbagged his ass to OSU in 2012.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I agree with you @DRU2012 . Instead of focusing on Urban Liar, I am focused on the Gators.

What does Liar's retirement mean for Florida? Perhaps the Gators can take back St. Thomas Aquinas high school and other key schools from OSU. The Gators lost that recruiting pipeline when Liar carpetbagged his ass to OSU in 2012.
Overall: EXACTLY
FOLLOW UP POINT: Hadn't reasoned it all through even that far (when I am done with a line of "mass mental masturbation", I am DONE), but now that I follow along with you, I believe you may have hit on a definite "plus". Otherwise, this amounts not to an "end" but to a "hiatus".
Unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema