• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Bama make up initial CFP top four

News Bot

News Bot
(Writer’s note: this post will be continuously updated throughout the next half-hour or so.) With the calendar flipping from October to November, we’re now officially at the launching point for the 2015 postseason. Tuesday night, the College Football Playoff Committee released what will be the first of six Top 25 rankings that will determine the […]
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Listening to SAT radio nationwide college-sports call in shows and monitoring a few of the larger online sites in the wake of tonight's release of college football's playoff list, sure enough there were some strident claims, unhappy protestations and outraged comments from certain quarters in Gator Nation, most of which focus on our supposed "unfairly low ranking" at #10, and ALL of which beg the following: (1) If you step back and honestly consider it, with all that's happened, where we started in even our OWN minds, and our clear weaknesses so far in at least SOME parts of our game (to wit, a sputtering offense and practically NO kicking game), (2) How far we've come already, now within practical striking distance of the playoff, with the means to get there in our own hands ("Just win OUT, baby..."!!!), and (3) the simple, direct truth that coming INTO the season we'd have been ecstatic even to be in the discussion, let alone with a direct, realistic route to even playing in the SEC Championship, let alone all the way to "the promised land" of The 4- team Playoff/Football Final Four...All in all, it's already much more than we expected so soon: We're "winners" already, we know that Foley got "the right guy", and it will only get better. As for THIS year, well, even those who are especially unhappy with our specific ranking currently at #10 can take solace in the fact that, as I aluded to above, all we gotta do is win to " fix" that: Beat everyone left on our schedule, go to Atlanta and win THERE, and BOOM! In the Top Four and the playoff.

GoGatorsZ71

Hangin in tha swamps
Who do yall think will win out between the criminoles and Clemson? I imagine if the girls school wins Saturday Clemson will move back a few spots. If Clemson wins guess they continue to control their own destiny I think.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think the Female Strikers will lose to Clemson then again two years ago did the so-called experts think it would be a close game and it ended up a FSU beatdown of Clemson. Then again, 2013 FSU was a video game team and champs and this FSU team isn't heck they don't know who their QB will be.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't know--and wish I could follow my own advice and JUST WORRY ABOUT OUR GAMES--but of course ideally Free Shoes knocks off Clemsen (and also "ideally", in an ugly one) and meanwhile we BOTH take care of biz rest of the way, then we meet'n'beat 'em on Rival Saturday to end the reg season and find ourselves poised at the threshold, ready for the SEC Championship and a crack at avenging our only--
Aw, hell, see? Already gettin'carried away, gotten WAY ahead of myself!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh, and btw, for those who ARE worried about our "near also-ran" ranking at #10 in the Final Four Rankings, note that we are being spoken of with a lot of respect agsin now, some even saying it should be IS who not only should be ranked higher, but that maybe even deserve to be at that #4 spot instead of Alabama ALREADY. Me, sorta glad we're NOT there yet--and more than anything, glad to be in the "elite"-conversation in general once more, I admit it. But gotta keep some of thay " outsider" chip on our shoulder--and even more so that of our TEAM.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Normally I do not care about the All Cupcakes Conference, but I am confident that Climpson will defeat Female Strikers University. I think LSU may take out Bama and knock the Tide out of the top 10. That would be a nice setup for the Gators to get a rematch against the Bengal Tigers for the SEC championship. If the Gators do not win the SEC, then they can still earn a nice bowl berth. All of this is predicated on Florida beating Vandy and/or USCe, and just for fun, Florida beating Forced Sodomy University.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema